test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sure Strike Cancel x2 damage

shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So I was messing around with Sure Strike and sprint canceling, and found something very interesting. After the 4th consecutive hit on SS (for the x2 damage), right as it lands, you can sprint cancel forward and left click again for another x2 damage attack.
Post edited by shultzilla on

Comments

• Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds more complicated than this POS at-will is worth in the first place. Grats, you've found an exploit, it will be removed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You should really keep an open mind, especially with the new class balance patch that is coming. SS is more than likely getting the buff it needs.

Weaving in WMS with SS works just fine for me. You should find your own play style and stick with it instead of following the masses blindly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    You should really keep an open mind, especially with the new class balance patch that is coming. SS is more than likely getting the buff it needs.

Weaving in WMS with SS works just fine for me. You should find your own play style and stick with it instead of following the masses blindly.

Hhaah, if I was doing that I'd be using sure strike. You at 60 PvP yet? Epics? Come back to me when you are or list your death rate, which is over 100% most likely. It's worthless. With an overall class buff, yeah, better, but the skill itself has faults that make WMS much more workable. I can dodge part of the SS swing, you can't dodge WMS once it hits. Most GWFs I've fought use SS, and I've killed them all. There's a reason why when our gear is nearly the same.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have been 60 for quite some time. 60 PvP is a joke, until sub brackets are introduced, which will separate GS's. I can nuke T2's while being at 9k GS. It's not hard.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have been 60 for quite some time. 60 PvP is a joke, until sub brackets are introduced, which will separate GS's. I can nuke T2's while being at 9k GS. It's not hard.

Good, kill them all.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So I was messing around with Sure Strike and sprint canceling, and found something very interesting. After the 4th consecutive hit on SS (for the x2 damage), right as it lands, you can sprint cancel forward and left click again for another x2 damage attack.

Interesting but as Chud indelicately put it rather useless for the likely difficulty it would require in an actual dungeon environment versus training dummy testing.

The truly screwed up thing about Sure Strike is that it is useful you just need top tier enchants, and very specific top tier enchants, to make it at all viable.

So, to recap, SS is ok at very low level, bad at mid level, bad at high level, then good again at ultra-high level when you have top tier everything.

Although I still question if SS is superior to anything else even with top tier enchants. I'd be more curious to see how the things that actually work before top tier function with the same end game enchants. Just because you have money at max level doesn't mean you're smarter, and enough people use SS to make this likely in my mind.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I basically concur with everything Spacejew said.

SS's only saving grace is it's lack of animation delay and fast attack speed. It's only real use is applying debuffs quickly in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah it was a bit useful at lower levels, but it's too much trouble for what it's worth. I just went with reaping strike canceling instead.

And now WMS canceling, although that's sometimes a PITA at times.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    Interesting but as Chud indelicately put it rather useless for the likely difficulty it would require in an actual dungeon environment versus training dummy testing.

The truly screwed up thing about Sure Strike is that it is useful you just need top tier enchants, and very specific top tier enchants, to make it at all viable.

So, to recap, SS is ok at very low level, bad at mid level, bad at high level, then good again at ultra-high level when you have top tier everything.

Although I still question if SS is superior to anything else even with top tier enchants. I'd be more curious to see how the things that actually work before top tier function with the same end game enchants. Just because you have money at max level doesn't mean you're smarter, and enough people use SS to make this likely in my mind.

Can you specify the enchants? Just curious.
  • Options
    nougabitsnougabits Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Concerning Sure Strike, I have a question. When using a destroyer build, would you take the reaping strike 5 point ups and use it for single target? The cases where you face single target are mainly bosses that usually have some aoe spells, given the loading time of Reaping Strike and the fact that you are slow while loading it, would you still use it? At the moment i use Sure Strike simply because due to the very expensive cost of respec, I did not get to test something else with my destroyer build. I also did not put 5 points in Reaping Strike as I feared the lack of movement when using it. I'd be glad and thankful if you guys can give out your opinion about it.

Also, I question the actual dps of reaping strike compared to sure strike (I insist on the damage per second output), is it worth waiting for the loading of the ability compared to let's say a 4 sure strike slashes? And also a comparison there between short and long fights.