test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"What is Neverwinter?" Community Video!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everybody!

How'd you like your snazzy gameplay footage to be featured in an official Neverwinter community video?

Now's your chance! From now until Monday, June 17, 12PM Pacific (click here for a time converter), we'll be accepting your 1-minute clips with the theme, "What is Neverwinter?" The best submissions will be selected for our first Community Video, to be shared with the world!

Your clips can be from anything within the game - questing, dungeoning, Foundrying, roleplaying, skirmishing, PvPing, you-name-it-ing. Just make sure to follow the guidelines below!

Please post your submissions in this thread with the following:
  1. Your in-game @handle
  2. The location of and/or context for your video submission
  3. A YouTube link to your 1-minute video submission
  4. A download link for a 1280x720 (720p minimum) hi-res version of your 1-minute video submission, in uncompressed .avi or .mov format
  5. For both links, please make sure that your gameplay has been captured at max video settings, with sound effects turned up to max volume, no in-game music, and no watermarks or custom voiceovers of any kind (in-game UI and voices are fine; you may want to hide chat and the quest tracker)
We're looking forward to seeing your gameplay clips and sharing them with the Neverwinter community! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• anthonydamanthonydam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd love to see a cleric being chased by hundreds of mobs during a dungeon while benny hill music is playing.
    Need a website? Why not Zoidberg?!
  • oarsmenoarsmen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How does PW feel about players recording footage and uploading to the tubes?
  • deezyredeezyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone have any recommendations for free video capture software that isn't loaded with malware and wont hurt system performance?
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    oarsmen wrote: »
    How does PW feel about players recording footage and uploading to the tubes?

We're totally okay with the tubes! Read here for more information: http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=839681. We can't wait to see what you come up with.
  • dalathanosdalathanos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deezyre wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for free video capture software that isn't loaded with malware and wont hurt system performance?

I purchased a license for Fraps. Still one of the best. Heard that one of the new video cards coming out will have it's own built in video capture with compression. Check Maximum PC. Problem is it is like a $600 card...
  • g35hu9g35hu9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dalathanos wrote: »
    I purchased a license for Fraps. Still one of the best. Heard that one of the new video cards coming out will have it's own built in video capture with compression. Check Maximum PC. Problem is it is like a $600 card...

You're terribly wrong on that... Any GTX600 or 700 series card can use the technology called Shadowplay. It runs via the GeForce experience on cards with the GK104/110 chip which features the Keplar technology.
    PCGamer wrote:
    ShadowPlay builds on the way SHIELD taps into GFE to stream content from your gaming rig by utilising the H.264 encoder built into the Kepler GPU. Sadly then that means only GTX 600 series cards and up will be able to use the feature
  • dietaryfiber111dietaryfiber111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So you expect us to make a video then upload it as an uncompressed avi/mov onto Youtube for nothing more than a community spotlight?
  • redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    So you expect us to make a video then upload it as an uncompressed avi/mov onto Youtube for nothing more than a community spotlight?

I think they only expect the people who find it fun and interesting to do so.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So could we also use video of someone setting up bots and pvp botting and or other exploits nothing in the rules say you can Does it?
  • ultramerican1ultramerican1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dalathanos wrote: »

It's any 7-series NVidia GPU, not just the $600 780, and it's called "shadowplay". Supposed to be a 5% hit or less on gaming FPS, and let you grab up to 20 minutes in the past of video at a very small file size per minute.
  • g35hu9g35hu9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's any 7-series NVidia GPU, not just the $600 780, and it's called "shadowplay". Supposed to be a 5% hit or less on gaming FPS, and let you grab up to 20 minutes in the past of video at a very small file size per minute.

You're wrong too. Should have read all the posts. Any card with Keplar AKA 600 series+

And yes, I want to know what we get out of this? I'm not going to spend my time in a glitchy game combatting bugs while trying to get some great gameplay just so you can leech it and get some free advertising spots for your social media outlets and for game review sites to use. Your vanity items are horridly over priced and other items as well ($10 for a 24 slot bag? Lol!).

Make this worth our time cause I can get a pat on the back from a homeless guy for less.

EDIT1: Exploiting your customer/fan base is a stupid mindless and selfish business model. This is something I would expect from EA.

EDIT2: Before this gets negative feedback (my post), I understand we get 'bragging rights' that our clip was featured but that's a far cry from being worth the effort. I also understand that's enough for some and power to you. I'm not trying to bring about a sense of self-entitlement that we 'deserve' a reward but what they're asking for could easily be done by their staff. Seems they don't want them spending their time as they would be on the clock getting paid to do this whereas they can seek out those in the fan base who're willing to do it for technically free.

I think a justifiable reward is possibly a profession booster pack or a 24 slot bag. These tangible items are a way of thanks for spending time playing the game. They also provide further motivation to keep going as some weight of the adventure is lifted by being able to craft faster or spend less time at a merchant and more time out in the field of combat.
  • inbeforelockinbeforelock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    g35hu9 wrote: »
    EDIT2: Before this gets negative feedback (my post), I understand we get 'bragging rights' that our clip was featured but that's a far cry from being worth the effort. I also understand that's enough for some and power to you. I'm not trying to bring about a sense of self-entitlement that we 'deserve' a reward but what they're asking for could easily be done by their staff. Seems they don't want them spending their time as they would be on the clock getting paid to do this whereas they can seek out those in the fan base who're willing to do it for technically free.

I think a justifiable reward is possibly a profession booster pack or a 24 slot bag. These tangible items are a way of thanks for spending time playing the game. They also provide further motivation to keep going as some weight of the adventure is lifted by being able to craft faster or spend less time at a merchant and more time out in the field of combat.

i want a 24 slot bag as a reward for managing to read through this hilariously whiny post
    lol, double kill
  • amill72amill72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hope I'm not the only one in the video.
  • deathshiversdeathshivers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what do you mean by "no-in game music"? Am I allowed to use music i find fit to the clips in my video or should it just be without music? :S
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I kind of wish Neverwinter had a working demorecord feature (like STO's despite that being in beta) so we could make these videos in a machinima style.
  • kingnewbskingnewbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's a short video I made showing off some of the cool things you can do with /demo_record combined with a program like FRAPS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sQL7774Qb4

Hope you like it :D

EDIT: I realize now that my video meets precisely none of the guidelines in the first post... but sominator told me to submit it so I did.
    [Beholder] - The Crimson Queen - Trickster Rogue
  • kingnewbskingnewbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ethoir wrote: »
    I kind of wish Neverwinter had a working demorecord feature (like STO's despite that being in beta) so we could make these videos in a machinima style.
    See my above post... /demo_record works just fine :)
    edited June 2013
    kingnewbs wrote: »
    Here's a short video I made showing off some of the cool things you can do with /demo_record combined with a program like FRAPS:

EDIT: I realize now that my video meets precisely none of the guidelines in the first post... but sominator told me to submit it so I did.

Wow thats a pretty cool video!! I have one coming up too shortly...Editing in process...
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See my above post... /demo_record works just fine :)

Because it has an underscore in it. I'm a STO player and last time I used it, it didn't require an underscore. Meh.
  • amill72amill72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This video is awesome.
  • dictatortotsdictatortots Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @Dictatortots
    http://www.twitch.tv/script_error_gaming
    12:00~4:00
    Dual Commentary/ leveling up our mains, etc.
  • gentoo1972gentoo1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anthonydam wrote: »
    I'd love to see a cleric being chased by hundreds of mobs during a dungeon while benny hill music is playing.

Having a DC as a main, i don't know if i should laugh or cry at the above statement..
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, check out the community video that i put together for the "What is Neverwinter?" theme here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4b7gMyoo_Jk

You can download the video using this website:http://keepvid.com/

Character:Promode-Mindflayer Shard
    Class:Guardian Fighter

Featuring:
    -Neverwinter's beautiful world
    -Pve
    -Pvp

Feedback is always welcomed.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for your submissions, everyone! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited June 2013
    ethoir wrote: »
    Because it has an underscore in it. I'm a STO player and last time I used it, it didn't require an underscore. Meh.

/demorecord works too :)