test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double astral shield Should be Nerfed

darkami669darkami669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Double astral shield WAAAAAY overpowered in general.

PVE - it gets rid of tanks , on most encounters . If developers played their game , you see tons and tons of groups forming with no tanks, just two clerics. Only really need two classes CW , DC ( few fights TR ) .

PVP - Double astral shield , just /quit if the clerics are good. Your team can not win.

Nerf it , fix AOE threat for the GF.

If it stays as is it will kill the game as more and more people find out about this combo.
Post edited by darkami669 on

Comments

• ytlayolytlayol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most people already know about this, I hope it gets nerfed into the ground so nubs can stop thinking you need 2 clerics to do end-game content.
  • adrukenadruken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People should start to look a bit on the field abiout how a spell work before propose nerfing here and there...
    Astral shield stack is powerful? yep,
    overpowered? No
    Why? It can be CANCELLED

in PVP: Guardian fighter and Cw have at least 1 skill each to totaly cancel it and at least a pair of skill to trow people away from inside it.
    in PVE: same story driders, black globes attacks and several other mobs have skill to cancel the circle, and other mobs can just trow you away, they may not do that willingly, but they spam ability enough often to obtain those effects.

I don't know what class you actualy use, but perhaps you should pass spome time playing as cleric and see enough dungeons to understand how skill work and how enviroment answer to them.
  • darkami669darkami669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem with your theory Adruken is most high end stuff is being done by this method regardless of some mobs that can stop it.

Second , just because you can throw someone out of the circle does not mean you stop the duel astral circle in pvp. With a Team it is really really hard to take a point with duel astral circles ( if you can then that teams were noobs)
  • aewanoaewano Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Darkami, care to tell us how else a cleric is meant to contribute to PvP, since we have no major DPS skill except maybe someone who specced to make Daunting Light Strong, and even then only when in Divine mode is it useful in PvP.
    In Dungeon delves, the cleric is tanking in anyway no matter what given the current aggro system. Maybe when the aggro system is fixed this might have some use, but if we as a role are having to heal everyone, while running from every single mob in the fight. While trying to heal ourselves at a 40% decrease to our ability to heal on ourselves. Plus our low DPS, we clerics loose everything at high levels if they nerf AS given the current systems that have in place.
    When they fix the other systems, sure then AS nerfing might be worthwhile to consider.
    Also if you join a proper guild or find a good group to dungeon with, you only need one cleric. Since they actually bother to kill the gazillion mobs upon that one cleric, so they are not actually tanking in any case and can perform their role as a healer and support.
    edited June 2013
    darkami669 wrote: »
    The problem with your theory Adruken is most high end stuff is being done by this method regardless of some mobs that can stop it.

Second , just because you can throw someone out of the circle does not mean you stop the duel astral circle in pvp. With a Team it is really really hard to take a point with duel astral circles ( if you can then that teams were noobs)

Man, in not a "theory" a theory is soemthing that must be proven, this is a fact, not every mob can counter the circle, but in every t2 dungeon (and many t1 as well) there is at least 1-2 kind of mobs able to counter it, either by making you fly out of the shield or cancelling it totaly, some time you find both of them on the same dungeon.

About Pvp,perhaps I didn't explained myself, I didn't just write trow someone away from inside it, I wrote "cancel" it. totaly. gone. no shield on the ground until you can recast it and most likely just to be cancelled again and this not just in pve, but in pvp, if you team up with decent wizard and Gf you'll find fight cleric way more easy.

I , as cleric, got upset when it happened to see my most piowerful skill cancelled, but I don't wyne, is what is called balance, I got the nuke and other classes got the anti nuke, that's all.

Sorry for eventual spelling errors, I'm not english and got influenced, so can't say grammatic is a priority right now, hope the message in understandable. thanks.
  • gyridhgyridh Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    adruken wrote: »
    in PVP: Guardian fighter and Cw have at least 1 skill each to totaly cancel it and at least a pair of skill to trow people away from inside it.

Guardian fighters have a debuff spell? Which skill would that be? I'm only aware of the knockback.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PVP - Double astral shield , just /quit if Your team don't use knockbacks. Your team can not win.
    fixed for you, no need to thank.
    edited June 2013
    gyridh wrote: »
    Guardian fighters have a debuff spell? Which skill would that be? I'm only aware of the knockback.

Is actualy an attack, don't know the name because I don't play Gf, you have to find it out in game, sorry.
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Actually, plays a cleric, rogue, wizard, and GF. At level 60 two clerics are useless, AS does not need a nerf. Already stated above, if your team is not using knock-backs, etc, then your team can not win! The only time two clerics is useful is if the other team also has two clerics! With the queue system you end up with two clerics and the other team with all dps lvl 60, press x recheck to see if this is right and you're like: Really...

semi-rant:
    Even funnier with 2 GF 3dps vs 2 clerics 3 useless dps. Clerics holding down the middle, dps wants to join you in the middle. So you're like one cleric on 1 and one on 3. Let me get the mage, you take the 2 rogues. They don't listen and still go mid. -_- Really! So when you have the chance you check their gear. Really, they're wearing Green -_-.
  • eradzeradz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play a cleric and i see 20k-32k crits on me which is 100% - 150% of my hp. You could stack 1000000 circles, your dead. So the noobs cry that we sit in the cirlce when every class can knockback / CC.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

PVE - it gets rid of tanks , on most encounters . If developers played their game , you see tons and tons of groups forming with no tanks, just two clerics. Only really need two classes CW , DC ( few fights TR ) .

PVP - Double astral shield , just /quit if the clerics are good. Your team can not win.

If it stays as is it will kill the game as more and more people find out about this combo.

I agree... However it is the only way most of the PvE end game encounters CAN be done by most people (unless you are knocking NPCs off cliffs, etc) so if you nerf it without changing the rest you would make it so NO ONE would be able to do it that was not already over-geared for the content and was just farming.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • shod24shod24 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    OP? first, is the best skill ok a cleric, and second, it can be canceled. When the enemy cancel your skill, you and all your dudes, are dead, and more, the rogue use his bomb in the middle of blue circle, and cw, gf and gwf, can pull you away, so, how in the name of the god can be it op?

one more time, CW is the most OP class in the history of the mmos. I have never seen a wizard defeat all classes so easy like in this game.
    And i make me a question. Stamina works with strong. I dont believe the cw have 24 in stronge, so, how can they jump 3 times follow? they attack in range, have more stamina without spend points than other classes, more damage, more cc, more of all. Just CW, like i said, is the unique and the most OP class in this game, and the most op wizard of all games.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Please note the original poster is complaining about two, stacked, astral shields. Not one.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about getting all the powers/feats of all the classes working before pulling out the nerf bat, again?
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow you whiny baby, it's hard enough trying to beat these ridiculously high HP Bosses and stupidly high adds, you want to nerf a groups only life line, IDIOT.

Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you have 2 healers healing the group, they should be very tough to beat. They can only really heal and buff, as their damage is laughable and they don't have any CC worth using over other skills.

Clerics heal. They keep team members alive. 2 clerics do doubly as good. Good teams can use CC and knockback to focus down the clerics and dominate, i've seen it plenty of times. Just don't expect your team of 5 lolrogues to do so well flinging daggers at players in the circles. Use some strategy and teamwork.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    If you have 2 healers healing the group, they should be very tough to beat. They can only really heal and buff, as their damage is laughable and they don't have any CC worth using over other skills.

Clerics heal. They keep team members alive. 2 clerics do doubly as good. Good teams can use CC and knockback to focus down the clerics and dominate, i've seen it plenty of times. Just don't expect your team of 5 lolrogues to do so well flinging daggers at players in the circles. Use some strategy and teamwork.
    Well, with proper encounters clerics debuff resistances nicely as well.