test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moving in slow motion?

monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Just logged in had to restart the game because my toon was moving in slow motion....restarted, logged in, still moving like im in some time nexus....anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by monarrch on

Comments

• malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you Injured? Broken Legs make you move slower.
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No I am not injured. No symbol, nothing Oh and when I logged in it took ALL of my celestial coins too.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Hopefully you just somehow managed to inadvertently enable walk mode. Try typing /walk 0 (/walk 1 to enable) to disable walk mode.

Here you can set hotkeys for this:
    /bind X +walk = walk while X is held down.
    /bind X ++walk = walk as a toggle when X is tapped.

. . . . . If this does not fix it, then please reply back after submitting a Bug Report and include your Ticket Number and I'll move this to the Bug Report forum.

. . . . .Celestial Coins will reset to 0 if you do not keep praying and lapse in praying for 30 hours (shows as 1 day 5 hours, 29:59:59) since your last prayer. Ardent Coins do not go away unless spent. Hover over your C-Coin total and the tool-tip will show you how much time you have left until the C-Coins will disappear.
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Had to restart game 5 times before it corrected itself. I dont know what that was about. Thx for the help though guys.
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you have a gamepad or joystick attached to your system? Neverwinter has code that supports those devices, but that code is currently disabled. However it is not disabled immediately. I find that if one of my thumbsticks are drifting while the game is starting, it will cause my character to slowly walk or turn once I load in, and I have to restart to correct it.
  • keatookeatoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soo now I have the same thing, moving 3 times slower... starts at the character screen from what i can tell.
  • whiteravin308whiteravin308 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am having the same issue now. tried toggling the walk and it dindn't solve the problem.
  • djohnson110djohnson110 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having same problem. Have submitted 2 tickets and nothing happened . Been 2 weeks now. Heard of any cures?
    edited May 2013
    Have tried everything and nothing has worked. Submitted 2 tickets on this matter #1,684,760 and #1,691,196. I beginning to think this bug will never be fixed.
    edited May 2013
    Have tried everything and nothing has worked. Submitted 2 tickets on this matter #1,684,760 and #1,691,196. I beginning to think this bug will never be fixed.
  • juzzan83juzzan83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here. Logged in and moving very very slow. Everything ingame seems to be much slower.
  • dirigiblefiredirigiblefire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Support? Hello? This is a real thing, not make believe....I have the same issue can you chime in here and help solve this please? The game is unplayable moving at half speed. We're not walking and not injured. How about doing your job?
  • xxxalphabladexxxxxxalphabladexxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my 2 characters walk in slow motion.
    There is no way I can play.

I restarted a dozen times : no change.
    I re mapped the keys in options : no change
    I put an old keyboard : no change.

I couldn't find help online so far
  • xxxalphabladexxxxxxalphabladexxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I deleted some files in PIGGS directory.
    The launcher updated the files.
    I walk and run like before now.
    I don't know if the deletion and update helped for sure.
  • fubar8fubar8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I deleted some files in PIGGS directory.
    The launcher updated the files.
    I walk and run like before now.
    I don't know if the deletion and update helped for sure.

Hi i have same problem can you plz tell us what you deleted in your PIGGS directory so we can try same thing thx
  • fubar8fubar8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    here is my ticket number #1,739 803 i have same problem everything in slow motion
  • morgawsealtmorgawsealt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ugh... logged on this morning and for the 1st time I also have been stricken with the slow motion bug. Totally unplayable. Gonna try a reinstall and see if that fixes it because nothing else I tried is working.
  • evilwriterevilwriter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is now happening to me. Did anyone ever manage to fix this problem? There's a special event going on that I rather wanted to participate in, which is impossible as the game is unplayable.
  • koper89koper89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have the same issue now even after reinstalling whole game i got slow motion.
    Someone fixed it?
  • dominusxdominusx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    THNX! disconnecting my xbox 360 controller before starting it up worked for me. I guess I need to get me a new controller or widen my dead zone.
  • scatterblakscatterblak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same problem. Gone for a couple of months, logged back in, patched 1.7G, now everything is like I'm running through molasses. Just to save time from suggestions that clearly aren't part of the problem:

1. Lvl 60 ctrl wizard. Game runs *completely* different on the exact same machine - no other updates, changes, installations, etc.
    2. Not injured, not cursed.
    3. Framerate over 60 fps everywhere except in PE, where it plummets to 50 or so (problem is NOT the gfx card).

I can see people running wayyyy faster than me, leaving me behind - this is clearly an unintended 'slow motion', not a consequence of some magical effect or game play mechanic. Other people have this bug as well, and there are no fixes (that I can find) posted anywhere. Has anyone else had any success fixing this thing yet?

Note that carefully read the thread - none of the suggested solutions apply (and probably frustrated the OP to no end with the 'are you injured?' stuff).

Edit: Ticket submitted: #140113-001581
  • treslokreshatreslokresha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    * Uninstalled the steam version, reinstalled - still slow motion.
    * Installed Arc version - still slow motion.
    * Updated graphics driver to see if any change, no change.

FPS sitting stable at 60FPS. Newest patch (Challenge of the Gods) started the problem for me.
  • aycoomanaycooman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    me too Having same problem.
  • grabble1973grabble1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I get this problem every now and again - each time it's because my laptop has gone into standby because I've unplugged it to move around the house... only solution I've found for that is to shut the machine down and reboot...
  • darknessmasterdarknessmaster Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Any solution? A friend of mine is having that bug... re-installed the game, worked fine for a day, then had the same bug again. Tried unplugging inputs but won't solve it. :(