test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unrepentant: Like Courvoisier in a Red Solo Cup

ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
Death saves versus us.

Dungeon Masters ask us how much more experience they need before they can level. That Beholder still sleeps with one eye open. We’re epic at level one.

The Deck of Many Things looked at us…and felt inadequate.

We are Unrepentant Gaming, a group of like-minded adults who enjoy a nice after-work beverage and a before-bed dungeon crawl. We’re laid back and open to all who consider the best edition of D&D the edition they’re playing right now with their friends. So if you’re tired of being berated in zone chat for roleplaying your lithe wood elf maiden wrong, or fed up with a PUG whose cod piece is three notches too tight, then look no further.

Unrepentant is a socially-driven, casual guild spanning multiple MMOs and games, with a focus on freedom. Freedom to play games the way you want to play, when you want to play them. You won’t find any play time quotas, extensive guild taxes, mandatory events, or drama-laden infighting here. However, we recognize this freedom comes with a responsibility: We are free so long as that freedom does not deny our fellow members the right to enjoy the game.

Central to Unrepentant is our sense of community. We believe the games you play aren’t as important as the people you play them with, and to that end we strive only to admit the kind of members you’d want to hang out and have a drink with. Our slogan is "once a member - always a member", and all Unrepentant are welcome in any game we play regardless of what branch you started in.

Freedom, friendship and fun times - this is what matters to The U. You don’t have to be a good player to be Unrepentant; but you do have to be a good person to join our ranks.

It’s dangerous to go alone. Take this: www.unrepentantgaming.com

attachment.php?attachmentid=8420&d=1369918163

Freedom, friendship and fun times - this is what matters to The U. You don’t have to be a good player to be Unrepentant; but you do have to be a good person to join our ranks.

www.unrepentantgaming.com

Special extra bonus section: The Ballad of Uey (our mascot)

Come take off your pants, friend, and grab a fresh beer!
(And fear not, you won’t see Chris Hansen appear.)
My job in this post is to try to sell you,
On the gaming community we call “The U”.

We’re casual, friendly, and like to have fun.
Your playtime is yours, and we won’t put a gun
To your head if you don’t play the way that we say.
(Now what else rhymes with –ay? Clay? Grey? Dossier?)

We’re 18 or older, for women and men.
Drop an app, come join us on Mumble and then,
If you’re cool, and we’re cool, then we’ll call it a deal.
(Like dating. No kissing; we might cop a feel.)

We’ve lots of cool folks from across many nations!
All ages, genders, and different vocations!
Businessmen, military, bakers of bread,
A doctor, IT geeks, and one Texas red(head).

“What’s in it for me? You ask, “what’s for the newbs?
Free epics, or candy, or pix of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
Well, Yes! I mean, No! I mean, well, we’re still nice…
(But that stuff can be had if you name the right price.)

Sold yet on The U? Will you come and get some?
We’re eager, and waiting, and quivering from,
The tops of our heads to the toes of our socks,
And the smalls of our backs to the tips of our… fingers.

Unrepentant is a gaming community.
Join us and you’ll have the opportunity
To roll with cool folks in all games that we play;
So click on the link and come join us today!
"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
i7TZDZK.gif?1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• heguoheguo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unrepentant says
    We will not wear pants, hippie
    Give us all your booze

I thought the perfect response to a poem that obviously had so much work put into it was to just phone in a haiku. Looking forward to meeting more cool people in yet another game!
  • huntgodpwhuntgodpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heguo wrote: »
    Unrepentant says
    We will not wear pants, hippie
    Give us all your booze

I thought the perfect response to a poem that obviously had so much work put into it was to just phone in a haiku. Looking forward to meeting more cool people in yet another game!

Where's the wimmenz...
  • majailamajaila Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There once was a man from Nantucket
    Who joined this great guild for the luck it
    Would bring to his pants
    And other enhanced
    Portions of his ... anatomy.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Original post updated with a little more guild info. And I also wanted to clarify, you can definitely reply to this thread in prose...poetry is not mandatory :)
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • huntgodpwhuntgodpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you say little man,
    unless of course you're a fan,
    of badly formed prose,
    and wearing long hose...
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least you got the long hose part right...
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • lahteedah1lahteedah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not even going to attempt poetry. It's 6:30 in the morning here and I am waiting on the coffee. What I will say is Unrepentant = good. Sitting in Protectors enclave looking for a guild = bad. Just do it. Fill out an application. Let us harass you. Good times for all.
    edited May 2013
    Woulda, shoulda, coulda, was their battle cry...
    though in fact they were rather shy...
    so they took off their paints...
    did a silly dance...
    and made the Little Lord Robert flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
  • nukevetnukevet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You might be an Adventurer of low self-esteem
    Who worries about the adequacy of their e-Peen
    Come join the U
    Where such matter are moot
    And soon your confidence you'll redeem

Seriously. Put in an app to the best gaming community on the internet, or we'll continue to subject you to horrible limericks.
    edited May 2013
    At the very least, you need to check out some of the new application threads, and see all the fun YOU'RE missing out on.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • heguoheguo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, obviously we're more into gaming than poetry. But some of us are into poetry. Or cooking, or beer brewing (quite a few of us do this actually) but mostly gaming. We play almost every major game out there so give us a look. The application process can actually be a lot of fun if you decide to make it that way.
    edited June 2013
    What he said is most accurate
    come join us for a bit of whackonit
    we'll kill electronic things
    and scorn user of bing
    just for the fun of it...
    edited June 2013
    We've just started formally organizing end-game and Castle Never runs. If you're tired of getting a 24 hour chat ban for asking for groups in /zone, or you're tired of spending 30 minutes in a queue, only to get kicked because you're not a cleric or a wizard, you've come to the right place.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited June 2013
    I was going to try and rhyme again
    but didn't have the time to begin
    so instead with chagrin
    I gave up ...
    edited June 2013
    Easily cleared the first two bosses of CN last night, and had a lot of fun doing it. If you're looking for people to run dungeons with who won't yell and scream at you like a angry 13 year old who lost his Justin Beiber album, this is the place.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • th3fabianth3fabian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Registered on the website logged in, and proceeded to spend the next 2 hours writing my app. then when i pressed Submit it said i had to login again therefor erasing everything i had written.. >.<

Edit: writing again.
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, if you don't check the box to keep yourself logged in, the timer is really short. I've had quite a few posts eaten that way and now if I'm typing something lengthy I always copy/paste.
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for applying though! Good to see your app up, and we promised not to bite...hard.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited June 2013
    The stay logged in button is critical
    nay required to not be inimical
    leave it unchecked to your detriment
    as you hard written text goes poof again...
  • pikullpikull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't believe the patch notes that were just posted today. Plus Gauntlgrym soon? Oh yeah, running with the U in that place is going to be so much pantsless fun.
    edited June 2013
    Yay...wait they nerfed my rogue...but but but...sigh.
    edited June 2013
    Waiting on patchy goodness now...
  • nordstrummnordstrumm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yarp. My GWF might not be collecting dust for very much longer!
    edited June 2013
    I found the bleed mechanic confusing enough, now they have changed how and when it stacks...sigh.
    edited June 2013
    PSA: Gauntlgrym requires you to be part of a guild...now if you only could find a link to the coolest, most pantless and sexy timest guild in NW...

(hint: www.unrepentantgaming.com)
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • nordstrummnordstrumm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dunno, I heard that Elves Gone Wild guild is pretty rad.
    edited June 2013
    They have guilds?

Slowly making my way to 60, really should have started playing this when everyone else did...**** you Trion and Defiance, you killed a month that I could have been playing this!!!
    edited June 2013
    Only 8 more levels, hope I finish it up before Gaunt launches...
    edited June 2013
    Tons of updates on the patch notes, and lots of reasons to get excited about the endgame. We're currently working to get as many members as we can ready to jump into Gauntlgrym when it goes live next week...if you've been looking at the endgame and feeling left out (or worse, tired of getting yelled at by pugs 'cause you don't know all the exploits), then come run with a guild that's cool, easy-going and does content as intended.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited June 2013
    Last 4 levels...then epic dungeon goodness.