test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Races to campfires (and other dungeons "shortcuts")

diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
<Removed from View>
Post edited by diogene0 on

Comments

• noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No one likes a tattle-tale.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »

But maybe without running through they might actually NEED a GWF in their group .
  • judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    But maybe without running through they might actually NEED a GWF in their group .

Nope, just grab another CW, more aoe damage + CC + more ST damage + range = why bother with a GWF?
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    The thing is all those trash mobs are so tedious to kill ... you have to literally spend an hour killing hundreds and hundreds trash mobs without much reward. Maybe if those trash mobs have a small chance to drop epics then people would spend more time killing them. Also i wish there's less greens junk dropping and more outright gold dropping instead then I would gladly go kill trash mobs.

Edit: Nobody likes to spend thousands of AD just identifying junk just to convert them into gold.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »

Actually, it's only exploiters who care.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    GWF's are like scooters - fun to ride, but no one in a group likes to be caught with one...
  • dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited June 2013
    easy fix... new campfire activates when you are not in combat.

plus the invisible walls to prevent skipping rooms.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    dorkchops wrote: »
    easy fix... new campfire activates when you are not in combat.

plus the invisible walls to prevent skipping rooms.

The thing this fix will just force people to clear the trash mob which is no fun and will only cause undue frustration and tedium to the game. People will then give up and just quit the game. The solution have to be making the game more fun and rewarding vs effort rather than more frustrating.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The thing this fix will just force people to clear the trash mob which is no fun and will only cause undue frustration and tedium to the game. People will then give up and just quit the game. The solution have to be making the game more fun and rewarding vs effort rather than more frustrating.

That's a lot of assumptions. People won't leave the game if the combat mechanics are fun. Currently, they are but we can't use them in endgame content because our teams (even public groups) tend to find and use shortcuts to get the only thing they want: the chest.

If you want lvl 62-65 NPCs to drop greater scrolls, that's fine and i agree but it has nothing to do with shortcuts and people not willing to play the game the way it's been designed.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Get a life.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Temple of the Spider has a few spots you can fall through the map, and if you wait a couple of seconds then use /stuck it teleports you to the next campfire without even running through the dungeon. So it's a confirmed cheese dungeon now too.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
    edited June 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    Temple of the Spider has a few spots you can fall through the map, and if you wait a couple of seconds then use /stuck it teleports you to the next campfire without even running through the dungeon. So it's a confirmed cheese dungeon now too.

Now that is an exploit @_@;
  • raggnaxraggnax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Are you new to these types of games or are people just not patient at all anymore?
    edited June 2013
    If those people quit, the game will be a better place for the rest of us. Don't you think so, too?
    Clearing mobs is a part of the dungeons. Anything else is considered an exploit, i would assume.
    Peace.

That would mean less people to play with and longer queue times. It's more of a grey line... there's also incredible risk when you are running from one camp site to the next.

Well until the dev have specifically say it's an exploit people not gonna stop doing it ..even then.
  • salnasalna Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I posted this to alternative thread:
    At current state its not worth fight trash it's why most groups just skip trash run to next fire die start climb in unusual places to skip trash mob grps.
    Or just reduce trash mob amount by adding harder ones as killing trash for 10-25 mins to get to next boss is bad idea its let some ppl search how to abuse and skip trash mobs at all.
    So in sum:
    1. Add very valuable loot drops from hard mobs what can be soloed by 1-3 person to avoid farming by exploiters.
    2. Reduce trash mob count by adding a bit harder to kill mobs again they need be not so hard to again not let ppl think about how to skip them.
    3. Add more gold potion elixir drops from mobs again, only from harder to kill mobs.
    4. if reduce trash mob count add something like some boss buf depending on how much trash mobs is alive in zone to boss.Like ~10 trash mobs alive boss gets 10% damage boss, ~20 alive 20% buf .....
    so if you don't kill trash before boss, boss becomes overpowered and hits you for OVER 9000.
    Anyway need reduce useless trash count before get to boss.
    Ps sry for my bad english.
    Hear silence.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I put this in the same irritating category as traps...I refuse to pug because these morons run right through them and damage be damned...then they scream at the cleric because they are dead without pots.

Honestly Traps need to be random and deadly with a greater reduced chance of any non thief disarming them regardless if kit.

it would solve the whole zerg through dungeons issue
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »

I know many players will hate me for trying to kill their "speedruns" but i think it's not working as intended, and it makes the game looking way too easy with these shortcuts.

Problem is dd chest loot in t2 dungeons is mostly ridiculously worthless t1 stuff. Do you think devs will fix this too? I don't think they will.

Take from people advantage of doing speedruns and no one will do these dungeons ever. It won't be worth the time and effort committed because the damage to the economy through major exploits has already be done and only some stuff dropping in CN has any value yet. The game launched not long ago and most gear is already not worth the time spent to get it.

The only solution would be introducing new tier of gear while making these new dungeons unexploitable, or at least fixing these new exploits extremely fast. Then we could talk about the time and effort worth the reward.
    edited June 2013
    I put this in the same irritating category as traps...I refuse to pug because these morons run right through them and damage be damned...then they scream at the cleric because they are dead without pots.

Honestly Traps need to be random and deadly with a greater reduced chance of any non thief disarming them regardless if kit.

it would solve the whole zerg through dungeons issue

I remember in DDO. some traps at the end game dungeon can one shot you. TBH I am not looking forward to traps that can one shot people.
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is a reason why Spell Plague is the most fun dungeon for me.

-Bosses are balanced
    -Adds don't keep spawning when boss dies (such a stupid broken bug in Frozen Heart)
    -Can't skip much of it, because there are mini objectives to do before you are able to enter the plateu.
    -And decent length. With a good dps team, can be cleared in 35 minutes.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    There is a reason why Spell Plague is the most fun dungeon for me.

-Bosses are balanced
    -Adds don't keep spawning when boss dies (such a stupid broken bug in Frozen Heart)
    -Can't skip much of it, because there are mini objectives to do before you are able to enter the plateu.
    -And decent length. With a good dps team, can be cleared in 35 minutes.

Actually putting mini-objectives along the way for all dungeons would help solve some of the issues.
  • beta2459beta2459 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really dislike skipping any part of an instance, I mean fighting trash is half the fun of it. Rushing to the last boss just to speed run the place is silly and against the spirit of the game.

Here is an idea. place a few mini bosses in the place, make it so that you cannot progress to the next section of the instance before downing the mini boss - that puts an end to campfire running to the end.
  • visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    GWF's are like scooters - fun to ride, but no one in a group likes to be caught with one...

Bazinga!!!! ye olde fat girl joke redone for GWF's, i like it!
  • mchaywiremchaywire Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Actually putting mini-objectives along the way for all dungeons would help solve some of the issues.

I was just thinking the same thing. Also, if you had to collect keys or parts of a rune to open the final chest then folk would have to play the dungeon as intended.
    edited June 2013
    I remember in DDO. some traps at the end game dungeon can one shot you. TBH I am not looking forward to traps that can one shot people.

Yep if you never know where they are, you don't auto detect "just cause" And they can send you to the happy hunting ground then that's D&D.
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    mchaywire wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing. Also, if you had to collect keys or parts of a rune to open the final chest then folk would have to play the dungeon as intended.

They did this with the first dungeon you get - there are 2 special chests that require 3 items each to open. Too bad h8rs grief it by taking one or two of the items and leave the dungeon.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    labbb wrote: »

Yeah, that doesnt really change the flaws in designing a class that can do decent damage against groups and **** damage one on one.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep if you never know where they are, you don't auto detect "just cause" And they can send you to the happy hunting ground then that's D&D.

Thuis is one of the biggest issues I have with NWO rogue. Rogues are trap disarmers, lockpickers, and masters of 5 billion skills. Not 1337 dps.

But all theyre good for in NWO is dps.
    edited June 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Thuis is one of the biggest issues I have with NWO rogue. Rogues are trap disarmers, lockpickers, and masters of 5 billion skills. Not 1337 dps.

But all theyre good for in NWO is dps.

I know I want

"You entered the Ruins of Carnage without a Rogue?"

To frigging mean something again, and my main is a TR.
    edited June 2013
    I remember Rogue used to be a scout, not frontline combatant.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Thread temporarily locked and OP removed until I can get an official response on whether or not this behavior is counted as a true exploit.

I would fancy to guess that some of the issues such as player shortcuts will be fixed in Module 1.
    Running past the mobs most certainly is not intended however the sensitivity and severity of the violation in Cryptic's eye is unknown to me presently.
This discussion has been closed.