test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF Tier 3 Armor set

pioneer18pioneer18 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So, there are a number of tier 2 armor sets available to buy or farm
has anyone got tier 3 set yet? or atleast some specs from somewhere?

Another question, whats the best tier 2 armor set/jewelery set/weapon shield sets?
timeless hero prices are so high, i would rather go for a cheaper alternatives
Post edited by pioneer18 on

Comments

• Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now if you want best you either go with Stalwart Bulwark T1 or Timeless Hero T2

My personal opinion is that the Timeless outshines the Stalwart for dps tanking, but if you want more of a defensive setup while still dishing out the needed damage Stalwart is the way to go.

The stalwart bonus is just a lot harder to keep up in all situations as it's dependent on your enemies rather than fully on yourself.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which set would be considered T3... I didn't think there was a T3 set.
  • Options
    pioneer18pioneer18 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thx Snowballo, Timeless pieces are so expensive in AH, ima start saving to buy them for endgame build
    for now i have 10.4k AS with mixed armor
    As for T3, only 1 i found in AH so far is Ancient knight longsword/shield
    cheapest t3 sword starts at 2.5 mil AD!
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Weapon + Offhand are T3 or more like T2,5 but there is no actual armor set that comes witht those.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's T3 sets? tell me more
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    Right now if you want best you either go with Stalwart Bulwark T1 or Timeless Hero T2

My personal opinion is that the Timeless outshines the Stalwart for dps tanking, but if you want more of a defensive setup while still dishing out the needed damage Stalwart is the way to go.

The stalwart bonus is just a lot harder to keep up in all situations as it's dependent on your enemies rather than fully on yourself.
    Derp, i'm done. You generate aggro -> you get hit -> you do more damage -> you generate more aggro. Trust me, you have no problem keeping the set bonus up and it generates a dps increase.
  • Options
    mizredavni0mizredavni0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's T3 sets? tell me more

There currently is no tier 3 armor, let alone tier 3 set. Closest thing to it is the Ancient armor(which is Bind on pick up) in castle never. Though the Ancient weapon and offhand do provide a set bonus together. I know for me as a CW my Ancient Sphere and Talisman provide a set bonus of +450 recovery.

FYI the weapon, offhand, ring, and necklace are not Bind on Pick up. Though the head, chest, arms and legs are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    dirtnap gaming
    Assistant Community Director
    Miz Redavni aka oTRULYoADEPTo
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    snowballo wrote: »

Personally I like the Knight Captain's set better, though I'm probably in a minority. But I prefer the recovery (and higher base power) to deflection and movement. As well as preferring the 400 Armor Pen over the 400 defense. Not only that, but I prefer the fact that the Knight set buffs my entire parties power by a good amount (not sure if bug or bad tooltip), and the bonus is quite easy to keep active all the time.

My biggest reason though for liking it so much is buffing my party instead of myself. I feel like the Guardian should be more about aiding the team rather then shooting for #1 on the DPS chart (even though I still score that spot quite often, and always at least in top 2-3 / thanks to enforced threat[aoe] / into the fray giving me 2-4 Villians Menace[aoe] per trash fight in my spec). I am Conq spec, though not very close to Envy's specific spec..

Still if I had a Timeless set, I would drop the Knight in a second. :D
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the ancient wep and shield are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for a GF atm. brutal scimitar and timeless shield are your best bet really, it's really disapointing to do the endgame dungeon and not look forward to the loot. i'm just stocking up on other bits of gear hoping they will make the GF a tank and not just a dps class that not many people want. i've had my tier 1 set for over a week now and am pretty bored with loot.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    the ancient wep and shield are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for a GF atm. brutal scimitar and timeless shield are your best bet really, it's really disapointing to do the endgame dungeon and not look forward to the loot. i'm just stocking up on other bits of gear hoping they will make the GF a tank and not just a dps class that not many people want. i've had my tier 1 set for over a week now and am pretty bored with loot.

The ancient sword isn't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The weapon damage alone makes it do more damage than the scimitar despite it having fewer dps stats. So basically you'll end up doing a little more damage with the ancient sword plus have some defensive stats. I wouldn't buy it, but if you get it as a drop you should use it.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea there is no T3.

CN has no technical classification in game, other then being the highest GS req dungeon and sort of the end of the storyline. (though spoiler: It doesn't end it, so maybe a raid later on will).

It could be kinda considered T2.5 for the mainhand/offhand sets you can get, since they have slightly higher base.

Wouldn't be T3, cuz T1-2 = +1 AC, The ancient shield has same AC as the T2 shields. (+6).

T3 should be +7 gear.

And yea while the sword has garbage offensive stats, it does have the best base, so it should theoretically outdo the scimitar, but not by much. IMO the timeless hero sword is the highest dps one atm.

Plus the timeless hero shield is plain best, and looks coolest too. So if ud want CN set bonus, you'd get an inferior shield too (offensively anwanys).

So id recommend selling the CN sword/shield, and testing your might against epic dreadvault. It's ultra hard, but that sword is very nice.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)