Install Arc

Trade Reviews -- Looking for input

2»

Comments

• labmouse42labmouse42 Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2013
    hflord1 wrote: »
    labmouse42, I'll go run yours now.

NW-DONEPB9CK is the one I want reviewed. It's a work in progress. Will let you know what I think of yours in a few.
    SPOILER WARNING

I type in notes as I run the quest. If it seems like I missed something, or that it was addressed later on, its because I am typing as I play the quest. I ran this quest on my lvl 25 rogue.
    Before I did the quest, I explored the village a bit. I do this all the time. I liked how you gave all the NPCs in the inn their own name. That was a nice touch.

Did you add all the fog around the back side of the village?

The gypsy camp is neat. I'm was surprised to see they did not have names -- but it did help me see that it was a gypsy camp. As a roleplayer I would have loved to had the chance to chat with a gypsy and haggle some food/drink from them.

Normally I'm not a big fan of fed-ex quests but the flower fetching was cool. I liked how the other spiders spawned after I picked up the flower.

How did you get your fireplace effect in Magnus Durfane's house? Are those debris burning?

I bartended for years. I find that the bartender has the drunk animation a bit annoying. Its a personal thing. I was rarely that drunk at work.

I liked how you have the wagon marks and the wagon stuck. That's a nice touch. I wish I could help Beatra trying to fix it. Why is Kaveak right next to her not caring or helping?

In the background there is this big *** square of rock behind the town. Can you make that bigger to it does not look like a square? Its cool, but would be neater if it appeared more natural.

Guard Tobias and Ash are nice, but they feel static. If you have extra NPCs that you put down, why not duplicate them and make them do something else between tasks. I know that I'm being very picky here, but it would be a nice small touch if the guard patrolled to the end of the street halfway between the quests. Its small, but a nice touch to make the town feel alive.

After i entered the cave, I spawned about 2 feet under the ground. I was stuck and had to jump to get out. I was able to get out after a few, but it worked.

Did you put the glowing bulbs in the statue's hands? If you did, thats a really nice subtle touch.

The status in the room with the crypts is stuck in the wall by about a foot or two. It looks off.

I was not fond of the final battle being on that ledge. It happened to be where the avatar patt'ed up to. It would have been more epic if he was in his own room. I just kept thinking that I would have easily killed him with my controller by blasting him off the ledge. If your going to want a ledge, make it more of an epic one.

I think that it was really well done. I liked it quite a bit and look forward to the sequel.
    Foundry Quests
    Author : @labmouse43
    Short Code : NW-DJHHV5CGY
    Name : The Frosty Protologist
    Duration : 15 minutes
  • labmouse42labmouse42 Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2013
    belberk wrote: »
    I will give your quest a go on Saturday afternoon. You'll prolly get 2 reviews as the wife will be running with me all day, If you get the chance, please review mine as well.
    I am typing this while I play the quest. If the reactions seem off, its because they are what i was thinking of while playing it. I find this is the best way to give the most in depth review. I ran this quest on my lvl 33 controller wizard.

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD
    Lots of running around in Protector's Enclave. I'm poor and don't have a horse yet.

I liked having the guards follow me. It helps me as a controller quite a bit.

The crypt room with the infected drow was neat but did not really strike me as memorable. If you want to make it more tricky, add traps maybe? Something to really just make it jump out. Maybe fog?

Again, I liked how you had the drow follow. That was cool.

I liked the fallen statue in the hallway.

I would like a whisper of why the drow and guards left. i know from a game-mechanic way, but it would be nice if I had an NPC say "sorry we can't stay any longer" or something similar.

The duregar were stuck on the stairs and stopped following me. It made the next batch of mobs very hard. This rapidly became a huge PITA. I'm having a hard time getting by these last mobs to kill Lazara the chosen.

Good use of skeletons and status as ambiance.

The last room was full of encounters and it was very easy to double/triple pull them. If your working with lvl 60 players that might be a critical problem. I don't know if the guard NPCs will be enough.

It was fun overall. I would like a bit more roleplaying, but I'm a big roleplayer and like to have many dialogue options.
    I was on the stupid airport wifi and it lagged as the review came up and I was unable to give you stars. Ill do that when I can.
    Foundry Quests
    Author : @labmouse43
    Short Code : NW-DJHHV5CGY
    Name : The Frosty Protologist
    Duration : 15 minutes
  • mirimeromirimero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    labmouse42 wrote: »
    the portable dance floor!

Oooh, looking forward to this. Had a lot of fun with the Iron Chef portion! I did the cowardly thing and just pulled all the monsters and sicced my cheering fans onto them. Ah, fans. Gotta love those guys. I missed Sir Loin, though.

Was there another romance, though? I think I only found one... :(