test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am I the only one who actually loves PvP?

bananamannbananamann Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion

TL;DR - get better, stop whining, give things time to get worked out. CW's need stamina nerf, GWF's need a base DR increase and for aggro to be put on them over DC's. Rogues need to be slightly squishier.

Like, seriously. I play it on all of my characters; Rogue, CW and GWF, and I enjoy it on all 3. It's really, really fun. I get on with maybe one friend or even just solo and still have a blast. People say there's no strategy, but I've caught up from several games where we were behind 300+ points by sneak-capping and working as a team. You just have to communicate. I treat the PvP like League of Legends; you HAVE to have credibility or nobody will listen.

What do I mean by that? I mean you have to do good things for a little while; cap points, save people, etc. before anybody gives a single s**t about what you have to say. Once you gain that, start telling people what to do (albeit nicely) and get s**t done. It works, but it's all about communication. Sneak around that side and cap 3 while everybody fights at 2. Jump in that CW's face who's trying to kill your rogue since he blew all of his cooldowns. It's not that hard, folks, just stop being stupid.

And yes, if you go into the first tier of PvP (10-19) as a true level 10, YOU'RE GOING TO GET FACEROLLED BY TRUE LEVEL 19'S. THAT'S HOW IT WORKS. Level up to 14 or 15, go kick *** for a few levels, then PvE up to 24-25 and repeat. That's what I've been doing and I'm having a blast.

PS - Even if it is a real launch (which I believe it is), the game has still only been out for less than 6 months. BF3 had issues for nearly 8 months and it still turned out to be a great game. Suck it up and just play the parts you enjoy until they get the kinks worked out.

PPS - If you think GWF's are weak single-target fighters, well...you're right...they're an AoE class, dumbass. They could use a small base DR increase though.

PPPS - The only changes I agree on are: CW's stamina regen needs f***ing reduced, that s**t is a little annoying. Tank aggro needs to have a higher priority than healer aggro. And lastly, rogues need to be a tiny bit squishier, but don't nerf the damage; they ARE assassins.
Post edited by bananamann on

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am I the only one who actually loves PvP?
    Of course not! There are many more TRs and CWs who share your attitude!
  • Options
    bananamannbananamann Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Of course not! There are many more TRs and CWs who share your attitude!

I lol'd. But seriously, it's still ridiculously fun on GWF. People should stop trying to kill CW's as a GF or a solo rogue. It's GWF's job to go unstoppable and destroy a CW. Or for a GF to soak up the damage/cooldown's while a rogue stealths in and gets the kill. If people knew their role, they wouldn't be screaming OP or WEAK every **** second.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like it quite a bit.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    For a F2P game I really like it
  • Options
    werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    bananamann wrote: »
    I lol'd. But seriously, it's still ridiculously fun on GWF. People should stop trying to kill CW's as a GF or a solo rogue. It's GWF's job to go unstoppable and destroy a CW. Or for a GF to soak up the damage/cooldown's while a rogue stealths in and gets the kill. If people knew their role, they wouldn't be screaming OP or WEAK every **** second.

Or You can just roll a TR and smokebomb/dazing strike any class when you're at low health aside from GF every few seconds and kill them every time. definitely not OP.

Yes I play GWF, and I've tried using unstoppable on those occasions, you know what happens? Tr just dodges and runs a few seconds. and pops smokescreen again. I guess you know how you cant spam unstoppable.

And yeah I enjoy pvp, I'll enjoy it more once the balance changes come to effect. Theyre already talking about it on twitter.

I hope you still do by then.
    forumskill.gif
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm still stuck trying to figure out how aggro could possibly be conceived to even be related to PvP. It being a purely PvE game mechanic, and all.
    A little help please...
  • Options
    abe11abe11 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    lol glad you r having fun but this realy isnt pvp
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    CWs needs their range to be reduced, not only their stamina regen. At the moment, on the tiniest map, a CW's range is rouglhy 1/4 of the map... which is absolutely ridiculous and I'm still looking for what they need to have such a long range, even for PvE.

Rogues are probably the most balanced class, though they may be a little too tough yes, other classes totally need a buff, expecially fighters.

At the moment the PvP is not enjoyable for me, though playing a 60 GWF and highly frequently scoring good positives ratios, yes that's possible, even in random.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well hey, I personally think North Korea is pretty cool, wouldn't mind taking a vacation there, people should give them some slack.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    I like it a lot, and I actually like it a lot more on my GF than on my CW.

Except, it's completely unplayable right now from levels 10-59 because of bots.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rogues need DR nerf? Wut.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i love pvp its fun as, some people need to not be so serious, and others just need to learn how it works, its nothing like traditional pvp and has very little to do with actually killing other players, which is a bit of a weird way to do pvp but i still love it.
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PPS - If you think GWF's are weak single-target fighters, well...you're right...they're an AoE class, dumbass. They could use a small base DR increase though.

False- My GWF can 1-combo any class except GF, in which case i just tag on my daily (crescendo) to finish them off.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013

TL;DR - get better, stop whining, give things time to get worked out. CW's need stamina nerf, GWF's need a base DR increase and for aggro to be put on them over DC's. Rogues need to be slightly squishier.

Like, seriously. I play it on all of my characters; Rogue, CW and GWF, and I enjoy it on all 3. It's really, really fun. I get on with maybe one friend or even just solo and still have a blast. People say there's no strategy, but I've caught up from several games where we were behind 300+ points by sneak-capping and working as a team. You just have to communicate. I treat the PvP like League of Legends; you HAVE to have credibility or nobody will listen.

What do I mean by that? I mean you have to do good things for a little while; cap points, save people, etc. before anybody gives a single s**t about what you have to say. Once you gain that, start telling people what to do (albeit nicely) and get s**t done. It works, but it's all about communication. Sneak around that side and cap 3 while everybody fights at 2. Jump in that CW's face who's trying to kill your rogue since he blew all of his cooldowns. It's not that hard, folks, just stop being stupid.

And yes, if you go into the first tier of PvP (10-19) as a true level 10, YOU'RE GOING TO GET FACEROLLED BY TRUE LEVEL 19'S. THAT'S HOW IT WORKS. Level up to 14 or 15, go kick *** for a few levels, then PvE up to 24-25 and repeat. That's what I've been doing and I'm having a blast.

PS - Even if it is a real launch (which I believe it is), the game has still only been out for less than 6 months. BF3 had issues for nearly 8 months and it still turned out to be a great game. Suck it up and just play the parts you enjoy until they get the kinks worked out.

PPPS - The only changes I agree on are: CW's stamina regen needs f***ing reduced, that s**t is a little annoying. Tank aggro needs to have a higher priority than healer aggro. And lastly, rogues need to be a tiny bit squishier, but don't nerf the damage; they ARE assassins.

TL;DR

This game is not pay to win. You are only playing for stuff that makes you better than people that do not pay. This is not really a big deal because money is easy to get and if you do not have it you are probably bad at life as well.

Please stop making threads bashing this game as this game is good and the company is good and they have good money systems.

The only real loser here is anyone that does not support this game and company.
  • Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    Am I the only one who actually loves PvP ?.

No, my bots love it too.

/signed
  • Options
    phigmnentphigmnent Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013

What is there to listen to? Someone on zone 1, takes 10secs to get there. Someone on zone 3, takes 15secs to get there from zone 1. Do you see the problems with this game....

On your PPPS....What does "tank" aggro have to do with pvp?

My PPPS for you: your logic for entering the PVP zones is backwards....When you enter in the middle levels you are DEBUFFED because of a bug in the coding system. Go into the pvp zones first few levels, then the last level if you want to win gear and just roll people. Easily 50% dmg reduction in the middle levels on all your skills
  • Options
    hardc0reyhardc0rey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Love pvp, just wish there was at least a hidden ELO ranking to evenly match players instead of randomly filling games. At the very least putting premades vs premades so we don't have to pub stomp all day.
    Hardcorey
    Dorks with Tranquilizers
  • Options
    budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't love PvP.
    ...I love shiny easily obtained gear.
    "Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
    Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."
  • Options
    agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    I like the PvP in this game. Pretty engaging, I just wish my teammates weren't so **** bad. You only need one person to cap the point closest to you, doesn't stop 3 people from rushing it at the start even after I say "I will cap our point and then head to their point". A single rogue/gwf flanked us and is capping our point? It doesn't require the entire team to stop him/her, send two people at most. Giving up the center-most point because everyone is so **** kill happy is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If you barely have an advantage then try to maintain that advantage. This isn't league where smearing the slightest bit of advantage on your opponents face leads to a snowballing victory of insurmountable force. Get an advantage here? Hold it and kill flankers.

TO CLERICS: I don't know what that orange circle is BUT y'all exist in PvP to do one thing; TO CAST ASTRAL SHIELD AND NOT DIE. That's the blue circle. Don't know wtf that orange circle is but it sure as hell ain't helping anyone. To my fellow rogues. CW are not OP, you just don't have impossible to catch in your bar and are still running around trying to hit people with dazing strike. That is the problem. To GWFs, **** you. **** GFs too. Only class I have to pop Lurker's & Stealth enhanced impossible to catch or kite like a *****.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    agbadehan wrote: »
    I like the PvP in this game. Pretty engaging, I just wish my teammates weren't so **** bad. You only need one person to cap the point closest to you, doesn't stop 3 people from rushing it at the start even after I say "I will cap our point and then head to their point". A single rogue/gwf flanked us and is capping our point? It doesn't require the entire team to stop him/her, send two people at most. Giving up the center-most point because everyone is so **** kill happy is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If you barely have an advantage then try to maintain that advantage. This isn't league where smearing the slightest bit of advantage on your opponents face leads to a snowballing victory of insurmountable force. Get an advantage here? Hold it and kill flankers.

TO CLERICS: I don't know what that orange circle is BUT y'all exist in PvP to do one thing; TO CAST ASTRAL SHIELD AND NOT DIE. That's the blue circle. Don't know wtf that orange circle is but it sure as hell ain't helping anyone. To my fellow rogues. CW are not OP, you just don't have impossible to catch in your bar and are still running around trying to hit people with dazing strike. That is the problem. To GWFs, **** you. **** GFs too. Only class I have to pop Lurker's & Stealth enhanced impossible to catch or kite like a *****.

Sounds like a typical TR player....maybe you should try to figure out what "those" other circles that the cleric can cast are, but I digress, as you have played this game on easy mode for so many levels, why ask you to actually understand what other classes can do, or have any skill besides 1-shotting a person (which is what NW PVP is about)
  • Options
    boomer0901boomer0901 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I liked it until I did my first pvp match today in the 50-59 range and got 2 shot by a Rogue and 3 shot by a CW, no point in playing anymore can't kill anything unless it's 3 on 1, so now I just run around and grab nodes when I can to get points. I have 18.5k hps and get 2 shot by a leather wearing rogue, yeah seems about right.
  • Options
    boomer0901boomer0901 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    while I think combat should be fast and not drawn out, pvp encounters shouldn't last more than 20 seconds 1on1 if that is the case you have way to much healing or way to much damage mitigation to make it fun, but it shouldn't be 2-3 hits and dead instantly either.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    phigmnent wrote: »
    Sounds like a typical TR player....maybe you should try to figure out what "those" other circles that the cleric can cast are, but I digress, as you have played this game on easy mode for so many levels, why ask you to actually understand what other classes can do, or have any skill besides 1-shotting a person (which is what NW PVP is about)

Are you daft? Why would a Cleric choose to cast any aura but Astral Shield? Are you aware how beneficial Astral Shield is? I'm suggesting they use Astral Shield over other moves in PvP because it is literally the strongest team wide buff they have, the same is the case in PvE. Do you strawman arguments regularly or is that just your weekend occupation?

It's not like I'm criticizing players for being kill happy or criticizing other rogues for not using their brain or anything. How is being a dumbass working out for you?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Are you daft? Why would a Cleric choose to cast any aura but Astral Shield? Are you aware how beneficial Astral Shield is? I'm suggesting they use Astral Shield over other moves in PvP because it is literally the strongest team wide buff they have, the same is the case in PvE. Do you strawman arguments regularly or is that just your weekend occupation?

It's not like I'm criticizing players for being kill happy or criticizing other rogues for not using their brain or anything. How is being a dumbass working out for you?

Your right...I am such a dumbass to never realize that astral shield once cast eliminated the ability for my cleric to cast all other abilities (you know the other 2 encounters, at-wills, go into divinity, and maybe just maybe cast his daily's)

Your such a tool I would not even tell you what the various circles on the ground actually do
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    phigmnent wrote: »
    Your right...I am such a dumbass to never realize that astral shield once cast eliminated the ability for my cleric to cast all other abilities (you know the other 2 encounters, at-wills, go into divinity, and maybe just maybe cast his daily's)

Your such a tool I would not even tell you what the various circles on the ground actually do

Yes, I'm a tool. Not the guy that opened by misconstruing my statement and claiming all rogues do at 60 is one-shot. Please, tell me more about how informed you are about my class. Pot, meet kettle.

Divinity enhanced Astral Shield* + Hallowed Ground/Hammer of faith* is generally what a cleric on a team needs to do (and not die). Running around doing piddly for damage is a waste of everyone's time. Dying, because you wanted to do "mad deepz" instead of living is a waste of time. Chasing people around the map with your pokes is a waste of time. Everyone else's role is protecting the cleric or maintaining their point advantage, no different from any other domination style pvp wherein "protecting the medic" wins games. How that implies you shouldn't use at-wills and other skills is beyond me. Clerics shouldn't prioritize casting an armor debuff on the enemy team over keeping their team healthy during engagements.
  • Options
    grometsgromets Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I'm a tool. Not the guy that opened by misconstruing my statement and claiming all rogues do at 60 is one-shot. Please, tell me more about how informed you are about my class. Pot, meet kettle.

Divinity enhanced Astral Blessing + Hallowed Ground is generally what a cleric on a team needs to do (and not die). Running around doing piddly for damage is a waste of everyone's time. Dying, because you wanted to do "mad deepz" instead of living is a waste of time. Chasing people around the map with your pokes is a waste of time. Everyone else's role is protecting the cleric or maintaining their point advantage, no different from any other domination style pvp wherein "protecting the medic" wins games. How that implies you shouldn't use at-wills and other skills is beyond me. Clerics shouldn't prioritize casting an armor debuff on the enemy team over keeping their team healthy during engagements.

Actually I think he started by saying: Typical TR as until 60 relied on doing nothing but rolling as a easy mode class that required no skill whatsoever just spam a lockout, and kill the target in the 5 secs he cannot defend, just run (so target is running away huh...oh yea you have a stronger at will range than any other class that will take 50% of someones health in mere secs).

Your first statement most certainly makes you an idiot in my book
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    gromets wrote: »
    Actually I think he started by saying: Typical TR as until 60 relied on doing nothing but rolling as a easy mode class that required no skill whatsoever just spam a lockout, and kill the target in the 5 secs he cannot defend, just run (so target is running away huh...oh yea you have a stronger at will range than any other class that will take 50% of someones health in mere secs).

Your first statement most certainly makes you an idiot in my book

I didn't PvP until 60. Additionally, maybe you can't read. I will outline the key points of my statement and then I expect you to explain how that makes me a "typical TR".

1. Everyone should stop rushing towards the closest point at the start of the match
    2. You don't need the whole team to stop a single individual from capturing a point.
    3. If you have an advantage maintain it instead of getting greedy and trying to constantly kill people
    4. Clerics should prioritize Astral Shield over other spells at the start of teamfights. What use is casting a debuff if some ******* TR/CW/GWF kills you because Divinity Enhanced Astral Shield was nowhere to be found.
    5. Other TRs should slot the skill "impossible to catch" and stop slotting the most telegraphed silence in the world, dazing strike, if CWs are giving them a hard time.
    6. GWFs & GFs are annoying.

OMAIGAWD, SO TYPICAL. You're an idiot.
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Loving the PvP. There are a ton of things that need to be changed, but it's still a fun dynamic.

Also, i'm guessing you're not 60 yet, since GF can take on most classes with ease due to their knockback/CC.

Tank build is not viable in PvP at all, most spec for conq dps.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Divinity enhanced Astral Shield* + Hallowed Ground/Hammer of faith* is generally what a cleric on a team needs to do (and not die). Running around doing piddly for damage is a waste of everyone's time. Dying, because you wanted to do "mad deepz" instead of living is a waste of time. Chasing people around the map with your pokes is a waste of time. Everyone else's role is protecting the cleric or maintaining their point advantage, no different from any other domination style pvp wherein "protecting the medic" wins games. How that implies you shouldn't use at-wills and other skills is beyond me. Clerics shouldn't prioritize casting an armor debuff on the enemy team over keeping their team healthy during engagements.

This.

As a GF, It pisses me off to see a cleric attacking an enemy instead of healing damaged friendlies. I've easily held off 4-5 people at mid with a single cleric that knew their role of keeping me alive, while I did my best to peel people off with my 3x CC/knockbacks.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    fozzyleofozzyleo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just love it *-*

opsv.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us