test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not Getting your 15% bonus Zen with Ultimate Game Card Promo?

empressofshadowsempressofshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just now redeemed my Ultimate Game Card - it was after 5 AM EDT on June 1, 2013, and it did not credit me the 15% extra Zen like the offer states. The initial choice values show the 15% additional zen, but when you complete the transaction it does not award it to the account. Just a heads up that Customer Support needs to fix this immediately before they are flooded with redemption problems. I placed an email ticket, but I doubt it will be gotten to in any timely fashion before others have encountered this same problem. Very disappointing that the site was apparently not fully ready for the promotion as well as they thought they were.
Post edited by empressofshadows on

Comments

• aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Empressofshadows. Thanks for reporting this. I'll also move it up the ranks, in case this is an issue for others as well. It's 3:50am west coast time so you'lll need to give them time for an official response!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • hydro818hydro818 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here $50 card and only 5300 zen not the 5750 promised...
  • empressofshadowsempressofshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Empressofshadows. Thanks for reporting this. I'll also move it up the ranks, in case this is an issue for others as well. It's 3:50am west coast time so you'lll need to give them time for an official response!

Thanks again :)

It's always good to know someone out there is listening. **Hugs**
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, for anyone having this problem, please take note:
    Ok I've fast forwarded this problem to the team. It's 3am on a Saturday morning on the west coast US at this time, so it will take a bit of time to get a response.

But I promise you, when they do get into work on Monday, this will be "sitting on their desk!"

(It is possible to get word before then, I'll try my best.)

* If anyone else is having this occur, please put in a ticket and say a word, nicely please, here in this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?315341-Neverwinter-and-Ultimate-Game-Cards-Get-Bonus-Zen!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • vexariavexaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem. No 15% bonus for a $50 Ultimate Game Card from PC Game supply. I tried to submit a ticket many times but the page won't load :( Can't report it if I can make a ticket.
  • n0fxer#8270 n0fxer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same issue as well, got the base points purchased but no bonuses applied on any of the card purchases.
  • dndman420dndman420 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello, I did not get my bonus zen. Thanks
  • geaden007geaden007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sent in a ticket earlier today, included screenshot of receipt from Ultimate Game Card of purchase. Just found this thread.
    Bump!
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I didnt get mine either and cant even open a ticket. gg
  • merkinmurlhermerkinmurlher Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same just redeemed mine.
  • esoteric1618esoteric1618 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i just brought the 50 dollar one and no bonus zen pretty pissed off... i really need to buy stuff with the money ive put in to this system i don't know if i should spend it or not what happens if start spending my zen will i be given my bonus zen or what? will you reset the zen i really would like to know if i can buy stuff or not or if i should just get my money back this is ridiculous offer a service that your not even ready to provide. i have posted a ticket with my transaction id i want this sorted. its Monday morning in my country so hopefully things start speeding up soon.
    edited June 2013
    major problem with my bonus zen and i read many more are going though this so i have filed for a refund i highly suggest and people paying in euro read this.

i would rather pay via pay pal $50 5000 zen + $20 2000 zen rather than this 15% card thing that dose not work so refund my money please i have been billed $69.45 NZD (€40.51) for what i thought was 6050 zen 5000 + 300 then the bonus 750 but i only got 5300

when i could get a better bonus by buying normal for the same money i thought we where suppose to be saving money

what bull ****.
  • bilbobragginsbilbobraggins Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I am not going to speak to the Euro Vat or whatever it is that is affecting them, but sadly I think most of the American problems derive from user error. So this is my how to just made a couple purchases with the bonus fully credited plus.

Step One: Drive to Walmart. While you are there I recommend you check out their delightful selection of baked goods or snack foods as you are going to need some food to consume while you are busy spending all your zen.

Step Two: Go to the computer section. Check out that sweet Razer Keyboard we almost bought to match our Naga. Then go to the little section will all the freaking game cards. This is where it begins to get tough.

Step Three: Buy the right ******* card. The card you want says Ultimate Game Card on the bottom. It makes no mention of Neverwinter. It comes in two denominations 20 and 25 bucks American dollars. God bless the USA. It will mention a bunch of games on the front. Many of them stupid including Star Trek, Tribes, Transformers Universe, World of Tanks etc etc and in this list it will also say Perfect World. Don't be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Buy the 25 dollar card x 2 or 4 or 6 or what have you but make it match 50 bucks.

Step Four: Buy the cards. These are what you want and they work. Also I don't know what the hell the websites in Europe are doing but Walmart charges no tax for this ****. I bought 100 bucks of cards along with several delectable food items including bacon and donuts and my tax was 27 cents. No Razer keyboard today alas.

Step Five: which I don't know to be completely necessary but is exactly as I performed said transactions. Log on to the neverwinter front end of the perfect world site. Its gonna be like nw.perfectworld.com or something search neverwinter on google and take the second result. So log in.

Step Six: This is where the going gets tough and the tough get going. Go to the purchase zen tab and move your mouse to the cash prepaid card or voucher choice(its the ******* middle tab) and pick redeem the ultimate gamers card. Now if you bought the 25 dollar card as instructed x 2 or 4 or whatever you are gold. Pick the 50 buck choice. So you get not only your 750 but your 300 zen bonus for being a big spender or whatever the ****. A little pop tab will open. You will enter your email address...not once but twice to verify. Then you scratch off the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> covering the pin on the back of the ******* card and enter that. You will perform this step twice since 25 plus 25 equals 50. You will get 6050 zen in your wallet which is indeed more than 15 percent extra...Bonus!!!!.

After that you move the zen to whatever perfect world game you like.

So if you Euros are getting the shaft I imagine you could get some American you know to buy the card for you if you paypal them some dough and they could scratch off the PIN and email you with it or call or something. I'd do it for you except that I am completely untrustworthy and would blow the paypal money on more baked goods.

It works its easy. Either the problem is fixed or always was user error.
  • empressofshadowsempressofshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I am not going to speak to the Euro Vat or whatever it is that is affecting them, but sadly I think most of the American problems derive from user error. So this is my how to just made a couple purchases with the bonus fully credited plus.

Step One: Drive to Walmart. While you are there I recommend you check out their delightful selection of baked goods or snack foods as you are going to need some food to consume while you are busy spending all your zen.

Step Two: Go to the computer section. Check out that sweet Razer Keyboard we almost bought to match our Naga. Then go to the little section will all the freaking game cards. This is where it begins to get tough.

Step Three: Buy the right ******* card. The card you want says Ultimate Game Card on the bottom. It makes no mention of Neverwinter. It comes in two denominations 20 and 25 bucks American dollars. God bless the USA. It will mention a bunch of games on the front. Many of them stupid including Star Trek, Tribes, Transformers Universe, World of Tanks etc etc and in this list it will also say Perfect World. Don't be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Buy the 25 dollar card x 2 or 4 or 6 or what have you but make it match 50 bucks.

Step Four: Buy the cards. These are what you want and they work. Also I don't know what the hell the websites in Europe are doing but Walmart charges no tax for this ****. I bought 100 bucks of cards along with several delectable food items including bacon and donuts and my tax was 27 cents. No Razer keyboard today alas.

Step Five: which I don't know to be completely necessary but is exactly as I performed said transactions. Log on to the neverwinter front end of the perfect world site. Its gonna be like nw.perfectworld.com or something search neverwinter on google and take the second result. So log in.

Step Six: This is where the going gets tough and the tough get going. Go to the purchase zen tab and move your mouse to the cash prepaid card or voucher choice(its the ******* middle tab) and pick redeem the ultimate gamers card. Now if you bought the 25 dollar card as instructed x 2 or 4 or whatever you are gold. Pick the 50 buck choice. So you get not only your 750 but your 300 zen bonus for being a big spender or whatever the ****. A little pop tab will open. You will enter your email address...not once but twice to verify. Then you scratch off the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> covering the pin on the back of the ******* card and enter that. You will perform this step twice since 25 plus 25 equals 50. You will get 6050 zen in your wallet which is indeed more than 15 percent extra...Bonus!!!!.

After that you move the zen to whatever perfect world game you like.

So if you Euros are getting the shaft I imagine you could get some American you know to buy the card for you if you paypal them some dough and they could scratch off the PIN and email you with it or call or something. I'd do it for you except that I am completely untrustworthy and would blow the paypal money on more baked goods.

It works its easy. Either the problem is fixed or always was user error.

This is EXACTLY how I entered my card on the site and did not receive the bonus zen at that time. It was NOT user error - they have obviously fixed this issue since it began affecting individuals when the promotion began. I am happy to hear that you got your bonus zen and will be glad to hear confirmation of this from PW soon. As for those of us who entered our info correctly and did not receive the bonus zen, we are still waiting on it to hit our accounts.

Please don't rant about it ALL being user error when obviously you did not redeem yours at the same time many of us did and did it the very same way that you inputted yours.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wow THats got to be a record 14mins to get a responce from a moderator or close to a dev. It goes to show what cryptic wants to keep track of and fix the fastest. Something wrong with the Zen store. "All hands on deck, stop the presses, red alert" Must not let store down, must grab cash ASAP. All dev's stop what your doing get this issue fixed ASAP. I bet this will also be a record time fix also.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was going to buy some. But while 15% sounds nice you have to subtract tax. So it's really only an 8% bonus for me. Not worth it to be honest. I'll sit on my $$ for now, thanks!
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey All,

Thanks for reporting this issue. The bug has been escalated and we are working towards fixing anyone who did not receive the appropriate credit. Fortunately this should not require anyone to contact CS - it should happen automatically. Please feel free to reach out if you do not see your bonus Zen in the next couple of days. Thanks for supporting Neverwinter! :)
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed just now that the problem has been resolved and the +15% zen bonus is being applied to Ultimate Game Card redemptions now. My husband just entered his Ultimate Game Card pin on a $20 card and got a total of 2300 zen. Unfortunately on my own account, my original $50 zen Ultimate Game Card purchase redemption has still not been credited with the bonus zen I was supposed to receive. I am still waiting on that extra zen and am pretty sad it hasn't been adjusted as of yet. I am afraid to transfer what I did receive into the Neverwinter server because it may mess up their accounting of what I did receive, so at the moment I am still keeping it in my zen wallet for my account. I hope Customer Service gets to my ticket soon *Fingers crossed* - I'd like to make up some more characters and try some new classes.
    edited June 2013
    As a follow up, I just received my email confirmation from Perfect World that they have credited my 15% bonus zen to my account and so I ended up with a total of 6,050 zen from the transaction: 5,000 zen + 300 normal bonus + 750 from the 15% bonus. To anyone who has not yet received their bonus zen, it should be coming to you very shortly if it's not already there. Nice work on this one, Customer Service! I'm very pleased with the speed of this fix given the circumstances and the weekend to deal with during the process.
  • ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    **ok so no email on this but I ended up getting it any how still took a week though :(..
    also on a side note, why does your web link to start a cs ticket generate a infinite loop on all 3 major browsers for most people?
  • cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bought 20 dollar PWE card on 6-1-13 redeemed it and didn't receive any bonus zen. I got the 2000zen and I Just checked my account and still no bonus zen.
    edited June 2013
    your customer support sucks i want my money back perfect world. ive filed 4 tickets now still no reply wtf.
  • mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No zen for me, it asked for a cell phone attached to my bank account. I don't attach my cell phone to my bank account therefore I cannot use my credit card to buy zen.
  • harawenharawen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about the $25.00 Ultimate Game Cards? I bought one expecting to grab some Zen and a little bonus and $25.00 isn't even offered as an option.
  • tulaigtulaig Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is there no 25.00 option either? I have two 25.00 cards here that are doing me no good because PWE can't get their act together.
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FYI its for PREPAID only. Any cards purchased digitally will not grant the bonus. You must buy the card from a store or have the PHYSICAL card shipped to you to input.

If I am mistaken please advise as I redeemed a $20 UGC purchased from PC game supply website and did not get the bonus.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I bought a $20 game card today (Australia).

Come home and logged in to get my zen with the card.

Put down $20 card and WHAM - wants $22.32 (card only has $20) - So I have to pay and extra $2.32.

So I break it up into 3 payments.

Transferred $10 worth - got bonus ZEN

then transferred $5 no bonus zen

then I had to pay the extra $2.32 to access my remaining $2.68 on the card - I reluctantly pay - Transferd the Bonus $5 and no bonus Zen

So I payed $22.32 for hopefully a bonus 300 zen and all I get is 150 bonus Zen - lol should not have paid the extra $2.32 because all I got out of it was 36 zen.

So missing 150 zen and out an extra $2.32 - I will never buy Ultimate game Card Again.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • brandonwernerbrandonwerner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @jpnole - Not sure what happened with your card that made it not work correctly for you, I see that that post was about a month ago, hopefully you got your bonus Zen finally, however I didn't purchase a physical card and I still got the bonus Zen. Perhaps it was a bug that has been fixed or something :)

How To Purchase Zen Using An Ultimate Game Card, Get Your Bonus 15% Zen, And Do It All From Your Computer In Just Ten Minutes:

I just now bought from OffGamers one of the $50 Ultimate Game Cards and had it digitally delivered to me. I used PayPal as the checkout method, which cost me an extra $1.65 for what they called online payment processing or something along those lines. Once I verified my e-mail, and the e-mail of my paypal account, I was able to go to the my account page on www.offgamers.com and view the pin number for the $50 game card I had purchased. I copied the pin, then went to https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge and selected the Ultimate Game Card option under the Cash, "Prepaid Cards and Vouchers" tab. I then selected the [$50.00 5,000 + 300 + 750] option, which totaled up to be 6,050 Total Zen, with the bonus 300 Zen ($3 worth of Zen) and the 750 bonus Zen ($7.50 worth of Zen) on top of that due to the 15% bonus for going through Ultimate Game Card to add Zen to my account. I then clicked checkout, pasted my pin number into the box, dashes and all, and clicked add card. I continued following the instructions on the Charge Zen page which eventually led me to https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet where under Select Game I chose Neverwinter, then under server I again chose Neverwinter. Apparently you don't need to select a specific server (I'm on Mindflayer but selecting Neverwinter under Server, since Neverwinter was the only option, worked fine for me). Then I selected the top option in the 3rd drop down box, which was to transfer all 6050 Zen from my Perfect World Wallet to my characters on Neverwinter and then clicked the Transfer Button.

I loaded up the Neverwinter Launcher and logged into my account, chose a character, and entered the game world. All 6,050 Zen I was supposed to receive appeared on my character.

I ended up getting both the 300 Zen bonus for buying $50 worth at once, and the 750 Zen bonus for buying the Ultimate Game Card and taking advantage before it was too late of the awesome 15% discount, just like Perfect World said. :) So instead of being 100 Zen per $1 USD like all the packages $30 and less are, it ended up being 121 Zen per $1 USD, a whopping 21% bonus Zen. So if you are gonna end up buying $50 worth of zen or more over the course of your Neverwinter career anyway, I highly recommend doing so all at once now, rather than doing $5 here, $10 there, etc. I ended up basically getting 1,050 Zen for free, just for buying a little more at once, and I ended up spending that 1050 Zen (plus just a tiny bit extra) on a 10 pack of Enchanted Keys, which I have been trading for enough gold to last me quite some time, as well as Astral Diamonds, and other rarities.

I read this whole forum thread and was nervous at first from all the reports from other players that perhaps I wasn't going to get the 15% bonus zen, which was the whole reason I was interested in buying a larger package of Zen now anyway, otherwise I would have just purchased the 2,000 Zen for $20. But after going through the process of purchasing an Ultimate Game Card through a 3rd party website, having the pin digitally delivered, using it to purchase some Zen, and then getting the bonus Zen that I as told I would get, I wanted to reply to this thread with instructions for the easiest and quickest way (from start to finish, the process took me maybe 10 minutes) I found to get your bonus Zen without having to leave your house to buy an Ultimate Game Card, and inform everyone that I did indeed get the 15% bonus automatically, without having to contact Perfect World customer support or open a ticket or anything. =D

If anyone has any problems using the reseller I listed above (OffGamers) or anything, let me know and I'll see if I can help by walking you through the process a little more in-depth, or there are also tons of other online vendors for the Ultimate Game Card that you can try out by visiting Ultimate Game Card's Where To Buy Online page.

So basically, you will get your bonus 15% Zen, and in my opinion it as a smooth and simple process that was well worth the time and money. Hope this helps, fellow adventurers!