test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Menzoberranzan

2»

Comments

• Options
    raist31raist31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I'd love to work on the ruins of Ched Nasad as well at some point. That could turn out to be some interesting gameplay I would think.
  • Options
    silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm hoping when the Drow race is available that Menzoberranzan is one of the starting areas for Drow players, so we can have Variety with two major cities in the game, Neverwinter and Menzoberranzan.
  • Options
    aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    dunnlang wrote: »
    Beholders in 4e were a pale shadow of what they were in previous editions. Most of the effects of their eye rays were not easily replicated in the new system.

There are saves in 4e, but not really by any specific type. Essentially at the end of a turn, you get a roll against each effect. Baring situational bonuses, you have a flat 55% chance to save against any given effect.

Since there is not really any such thing as magic in 4e, the Anti-Magic ray of the Beholders was the most difficult to adapt.

That and other "computer gamification" aspect of 4e, is what makes most of us in RP clubs to consider 4e an abomination. We have people which likes 2e over 3e , 3.5 over 3e, but I know of none which even think 4e is remotely good.
  • Options
    raist31raist31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Would any of you be interested in playing a PnP style chat game? We need more DMs and players. You can find more information on our website, which is listed below my sig. If you have questions you can ask there or on here, and we will try our best to answer them quickly.