test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

People Being Kicked During PVP

aaronfezdeathaaronfezdeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Multiple times during pvp, I have seen players kicked from a team, myself included at times, because a party leader kicks them for whatever reason. As a TR, I have been kicked many times while capping the other teams flag, while the party leader gets mad for whatever reason that I am not fighting in "mid". There are also times where the game is about to end, and I get kicked. Usually that happens when I am first place on our team, so I suppose the party leader is trying to steal MVP.

This needs to stop. It needs to me made so that people can not kick other players during combat. There should be a better system in place.

1. Have a vote system;

In this scenario, make it so that either the party leader or anyone in the party can request that a player be kicked. At that point, have a prompt appear on all team members screens where they can vote "Yes" or "No" on a player kick.

2. Disable Player In-Game Kicking;

Have it so that no one can kick or be kicked during the match. I can understand letting the party leader kick people before the match begins because a player might not have been able to join. However, once the match begins, disable kicking.

These are just a few of my opinions on the matter. If you have any other suggestions, please post them here.

Edit;
After reading some of the other posts on this matter, I can see its not only an issue for me. Another matter that was brought up was also players being kicked at the end of dungeons. I find this to be extremely annoying, and think there should be a vote system put into place.
Post edited by aaronfezdeath on

Comments

• roptertron930931roptertron930931 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bumping Thread.

PLEASE Fix this. I've been kicked at least 10 times this weekend for no reason whatsoever. Most of the time it's right at the end of the game, presumably so the leader can get a better reward....

This needs to be fixed. Kick only available before the gates open please.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get kicked once in awhile for calling the person that happens to be the leader a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I've fully expected it every time it happened so.

But yeah, it's quite easy to abuse.

Only change that would be okay would be a vote kick. Not like the WoW system where all a bot has to do is run in and die.
  • trashcat87trashcat87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is not rocket science, they know what's wrong and what needs to be done however they didn't have the resources to make it happen yet. So it will stay on their "to-do list" until the time is right.
  • jupenaujupenau Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voting system would be best but i feel even it would get abused. i think best fix to stupid **** like this is to just disable kicking completely and make it so theres no reason to afk/bot in pvp. way less glory for losers and even reduce the amount winners get atm. this would also bump up the prices of pvp gear so i dont have to farm 100k glory for 1 rank7 enchant
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree it is an issue, and think it is terrible if you get kicked unjustly, but-

Pvp would be totally unplayable if what the OP suggests is implemented in the current state of the game. The reward system that encourages multibox "afk" teams, bots, premade afk teams, and just general afkers needs to be reworked before tacking on a vote kick system to pvp.

Luckily I get leader nearly all the time, so that may make my view biased, but I only kick afkers/ bots etc; if someone calls me names I wouldn't care- better to have an active player who is a ******* than 4vs5.

Anyway, from the point of view of someone who pvps all the time and has leader nearly all the time, the ability to kick is indispensible. I have played so many games where I just say "I will kick if you afk", and got the potential afker to play; or when things are looking down and someone says "lets just afk at base" I can say "let's learn how to play against a good team" and we can keep playing. It doesn't save every game but enough to make it very worthwhile.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Multiple times during pvp, I have seen players kicked from a team, myself included at times, because a party leader kicks them for whatever reason. As a TR, I have been kicked many times while capping the other teams flag, while the party leader gets mad for whatever reason that I am not fighting in "mid". There are also times where the game is about to end, and I get kicked. Usually that happens when I am first place on our team, so I suppose the party leader is trying to steal MVP.

This needs to stop. It needs to me made so that people can not kick other players during combat. There should be a better system in place.

1. Have a vote system;

In this scenario, make it so that either the party leader or anyone in the party can request that a player be kicked. At that point, have a prompt appear on all team members screens where they can vote "Yes" or "No" on a player kick.

Have it so that no one can kick or be kicked during the match. I can understand letting the party leader kick people before the match begins because a player might not have been able to join. However, once the match begins, disable kicking.

Not sure about the "go for mid" thing, but I know if a party is not playing together and everyone is doing their own thing, it's **** ANNOYING. Maybe you're being too valiant in that TR attack-then-run-when-my-life-is-low kind of way too much? I like when I'm in a team that talks about what it's doing so everyone is clear, if not, you probably should be kicked. Otherwise, bad idea to kick a TR in most cases, they're good DPS in matches. Is there a way you can see if you're actually going to "beat" someone before the end roster of players is showed post-match? I didn't think there was a way to check ranking until the end. If you can track it during the match, yeah, maybe that's why they kicked you, if not you're just being paranoid. I'm too busy helping my team and killing to notice how many kills everyone else is doing.

As for the vote system, I'd have to agree with that one. However, this becomes a problem for my next point. Suggestion two is pointless, because of bots. If I couldn't kick bots, I'd be annoyed to no end. That's why I joined a guild where we primarily PvP together so we don't have to worry about it. Or pugs. So the vote system is also pointless until the bot issue is corrected.
  • kombinatorrkombinatorr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I usually kick botusers. I can't create new thread yet, but pvp need some anti bot protection
    my suggestions:
    1. gearscore check: these bot users have under lvl10 gear often not even equiped anything in some slots. I know, not everyone can have full rare or greater gear at lvl 30 or 40, but pls this very underleveled gear is enough to be weak even for skilled players.

2. vote system: if at least the 50% of the players vote "yes" then kick it, and if someone kicked 3 times consecutively then give a 24 hour ban from pvp (such thing cannot happen accidentally). Or maybe the simple more yes than no vote system for kicking.
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really need a voting system. No one should be able to kick people on a whim.
  • versat1leeversat1lee Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    Yep make it even easier for the botters!
  • khazimhirkhazimhir Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i just wanted to do my daily pvp matches with my cw "mule" ( i swiched to gf/tr because they are more fun) so im a 53 cw and i got kicket out of party 4 times in a row... i wasted like 2h straight playing the game for nothing because douchbags just like to kick their first placed? really this game needs a fast fix for this in pvp because its getting annoying as hell, like 1 of the 4 times i got kicked because i sayd in zone chat we are 3v5... why the hell kick me we have 0 points and enemy had 700 somthing, if we where a close match i culd understand but comeone -_-
    sorry if this sounds like pure rage but that is not the first time this happened to me, i get screwed allot when im first placed or in the top 3 in pvp, and no im not a "i only rush the towers for 300 points bull" i earn my points hard protecting my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and killing people.
    so yeah a vote system sounds accurate enough, tho when more than 2 people afk this method gets also screwed.
    like think of it, at the beginning u have 2 people afk and you cant kick neigher of them because they both afk and dont vote for the kick, on the otherhand they culd make a vote system like 3 people vote for kick, 2 against and he still gets kicked... wich culd be also abused, BUT be honest if people want to be dicks they gonna abuse anything they can find... especially on f2p games, so i think a vote is still better than the "im the leader i have the power, to do what ever i want" bull-poo
    I usually kick botusers. I can't create new thread yet, but pvp need some anti bot protection
    my suggestions:
    1. gearscore check: these bot users have under lvl10 gear often not even equiped anything in some slots. I know, not everyone can have full rare or greater gear at lvl 30 or 40, but pls this very underleveled gear is enough to be weak even for skilled players.

2. vote system: if at least the 50% of the players vote "yes" then kick it, and if someone kicked 3 times consecutively then give a 24 hour ban from pvp (such thing cannot happen accidentally). Or maybe the simple more yes than no vote system for kicking.

i like that idea good examples what they can change in pvp and those suggestions are even doable, not really sure how hard it is to realize 1. but 2 is a really great way to get those trolls out of pvp+ it wuld help the random kick out of party because im leader thingy
  • forgotten5ixforgotten5ix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bumping this thread because I too have experienced powercrazy little kids booting people/everyone from the pvp group because they can and that's it. My solution is that we all just start kicking our entire team as soon as we find out we're leader until we can get enough people complaining for them to fix this glaring issue.
  • demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I understand that Votekick is probably where they'll go with it, but for what it's worth, in my experience, Votekick wouldn't be a whole lot better.
    You see how fast people hit those buttons to assign loot rolls? They'll hit em just as fast to boot you from the party. No reason, no higher cognitive processing, no warning. Just
    "Loading...Please wait"
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013

1. Have a vote system;

These are just a few of my opinions on the matter. If you have any other suggestions, please post them here.

Edit;
    After reading some of the other posts on this matter, I can see its not only an issue for me. Another matter that was brought up was also players being kicked at the end of dungeons. I find this to be extremely annoying, and think there should be a vote system put into place.

TL;DR

It is obvious that if you were kicked from a team that you were either A) hacking or B) racist.

Working as intended to remove racist hackers from pvp that is good and pro.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

It is obvious that if you were kicked from a team that you were either A) hacking or B) racist.

Working as intended to remove racist hackers from pvp that is good and pro.

Hey now, you don't need to be racist to sling a few good insults.
  • kahlushakahlusha Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just reported some **** for kicking my whole party ... Since we all know tickets are not super reliable and I'd like to add my voice to this matter, here is what I've submitted:
    So, I loaded up for PVP during the event and this guy was our party leader. He kicked my entire group (my friend was the last one to be booted so I know he kicked the whole group).

I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY FOR THE KINDERGARTEN LEVEL ---- THAT FOLLOWS:

I did a "tell" to let him know that kicking people makes people's PVP break (neither me nor my friend could get back into PVP even after restarting the client, i believe this is a known issue).

Anyway, he said he didn't know that it did that but that it's "hilarious". I also called him an exploiter, to which he replied "Exploiter? lol" and I told him "it is when you kick the entire party ... which i'm guessing is so you can AFK and do as many PVPs as you can during the event" and he said: "No, that's not an exploit. That's 'doing a thing you can do.'" -- and finally: "Kicking people from a party when you're the leader is not and never will be an exploit."

In my opinion this is against ToS. And his arrogance about it is even worse as I'm sure he'll find any reprimand hilarious, but this particular guy just got under my skin and really ruined my whole Neverwinter experience this evening.

I know. I'm whining. I'm sorry.

TL;DR : Another reason to add voting is to stop these AFKers from ruining PVP.

ps. if a GM is interested in knowing this characters @handle, I would be more than happy to provide it, if you do not have the ticket.
  • dnaidarkfirednaidarkfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump. This needs fixing badly. Quite frankly they need to shut down the game and put it back into closed beta before they lose all of the paying player base to bots/exploiters and total dbags like the one kahlusha was accosted by
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Considering how long this game has been in development, coupled with the fact that they have ONE single arena, now in what they call "open beta" (read: soft launch, but only half a game with 5 classes, of wich 3 are viable endgame, and all broken/bugged in different ways), are taking our IRL money... there really isn't an excuse in existence to cover the embarassing mess they've made of pvp kicks/bots/griefing, as well as the rampant ninja mass Needing in Dungeons - when it's so easy to fix to, say, you can only Need on your own class specific items, or non-class items, and Greed the rest.

There is no excuse. Yet they take money for simple (otherwise always craftable) bags? And they charge for RESPECS during a self-proclaimed BETA, made to test out the game? Come on...
    Fanbois defending them are getting on my nerves...
  • phigmnentphigmnent Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    I kick bots and afk'ers...if I do not know they are botter/afk before the match (typically atleast 3-4 before a player shows up), I will then kick them during the last 100 points of the match (wasted time, and no xp for them) so they do not get XP
  • czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bumping this thread because I too have experienced powercrazy little kids booting people/everyone from the pvp group because they can and that's it. My solution is that we all just start kicking our entire team as soon as we find out we're leader until we can get enough people complaining for them to fix this glaring issue.

Because two wrongs make a right? Who really is the little kid around here?
  • xperfxperf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want the people that abuse party kicking to get better rewards to be hit by the ban hammer. It has only happened to me 2x. I have reported the person when it happens I want justice for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that can't get mvp on there own. That being said everyone should report bots so that they also get a ban. Funny thing is some bots actually kill people lol. We need GM's in game that can do this sort of stuff on the spot.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They are fixing this. Next patch. So we are just talking about how it sucks till then. The main reason I get kicked is because I am in the lead for kills and points. The TR behind me wants his blue item so he kicks me at 900pts. So he can get the loot. Its a way to ninja loot. This is the main reason. There has been discussion how this up coming change will be difficult since u can't kick botters. With the new Assist pts system and afkers cant get pts unless doing dmg I think all looks like great changes. Should be droped june 20th :)
  • lordarchlordarch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    quite big part of every mmo community are jerks.... this thread is a living proof of that ;) complaing about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and idiots in mmo games is pointless... you need experienced mmo developer to fix the problem since beginning and create proper system because idiots always will play in mmo no matter what ... ;)
This discussion has been closed.