test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5 Party of BOTS in PvP

ddobsddobs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok i was at a PvP match with my level 40 rogue, and there were 5 guys with barely the same handle - All of them were afk so i started to send friend requests so the 5 guys get kicked, because friend requests use to mess up the macros.

What happened is that he reported me with all his BOTS and now I am silenced even tho I have a guild with 500 members.

If nothing gets done (BOT user banned, no silence for me) im done with this game.
This is unacceptable.
Even tho the guy is using 5 bots to get 60 level accounts sold, I get silenced by him, this is sad, please start to do SOMETHING cryptic and pwe, or just sell the game to a proper developer team.

Server Dragon (Leah@DDobs)
Post edited by ddobs on

Comments

• kiuytrdfghjkkiuytrdfghjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello english forum users :D

You love bots ? I have many screens for you :D

4 days i report this team and always here, always farm, always ruin the game..
    And my english is very bad :D

http://nw-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=19881
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    If you're the leader just kick them all and wait for the other team to 3 cap. If it's the other team farm them for tons of glory
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you see people selling accounts you can report them to the USPTO.

Many people think selling game related items like AD, gold, accounts, and other like things is only against the rules and policies of the game, it's not, it's actually a crime in real life that can result in hefty fines and imprisonment.

Reporting these people to PWE is the best way to go about getting them banned, reporting them for intellectual property violations can get them thrown into jail.
  • ddobsddobs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    If you see people selling accounts you can report them to the USPTO.

Many people think selling game related items like AD, gold, accounts, and other like things is only against the rules and policies of the game, it's not, it's actually a crime in real life that can result in hefty fines and imprisonment.

Reporting these people to PWE is the best way to go about getting them banned, reporting them for intellectual property violations can get them thrown into jail.
    it was the enemy team, with a party of 5 Bots, i try to mess with their macros but he reported me on his 5 bot accounts and i get silenced...

Sorry for my bad english
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ive run into the same five man team of bots since launch. Do you know how hard it is to report them when I've memorized the names of all five bots by now? The CS interface is horrid.
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't they just make so that you have to actually score points to not get kicked?
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
    edited June 2013
    I don't know, but at this moment im silenced with a 500 members guild... sux... and above that, i was reported by that bots... <No Names Please> ... Unbelievable
  • judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The real crime is that in-game silencing doesn't extend to the forums.
    edited June 2013
    The real crime is that in-game silencing doesn't extend to the forums.

Then, i would love to see you have 5 games in a row vs 5 bots :)
    After, try to mess with their programs and get reported by all 5 of them, maybe you enjoy yourself .

But now srsly, you must be one bot user right? One exploiter...
  • demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You're not supposed to namedrop on the forums. You may want to edit those out of your post before a mod edits them out for you.
    edited June 2013
    Yes because script bots is so nice that no one needs to know who they are
    edited June 2013
    I'm just reminding you of the Forum Rules that you agree to by posting here.
    I know that it's restricting. I get that it feels silly and you feel justified.
    But the rules are what they are.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ddobs wrote: »
    Yes because script bots is so nice that no one needs to know who they are

It's just the naming and shaming policy, you can disagree with it all you like but it still stops a lot of undeserved accusations, it's a necessary evil.

Edit out the names, get the discussion back on track and maybe try get it to be a little more constructive, kudos on the method of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> them up by friend inviting them though :P that will be useful.
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    kudos on the method of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> them up by friend inviting them though :P that will be useful.

I was thinking the same thing. Gonna put that one in the pocket for future 'mess with the bots' strategies.
    I'd never even thought about just simply staying in the group with them. If you get lead, maybe you could dungeon queue.
    Oh! Maybe Quest-Sharing would work?
    edited June 2013
    Trolls will be trolls i dont mind it anymore ive sent some ingame tickets, and its reported. Thanks dude i deleted their names they are on the ticket tho. Bots are ruining this game, and ignorant trolls are going that way too.
  • nauonenauone Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So today we learn that if you make enough free accounts you can chat ban anyone you want.
    edited June 2013
    Trolls will be trolls i dont mind it anymore ive sent some ingame tickets, and its reported. Thanks dude i deleted their names they are on the ticket tho. Bots are ruining this game, and ignorant trolls are going that way too.

There is still no ED entry for Neverwinter, so if anyone IS trolling, by god it's unimpressive and terribly bad trolling. I'm of the belief that what you are seeing is random attempts at being internet tough guys mixed with white knighting of sorts towards Neverwinter, not the actual full brunt of a group of people with a mission to show up every flaw with the game and milk the games forum for lulz.
    edited June 2013
    Whoever spends money on a service awaits a good service right? I am here to report my ingame issues. And BOTS are agamebreaking issue. Correct me if i am wrong
    edited June 2013
    Now if you are here just to troll the people who have ingame problems, that means something. Im not going to someone else posts troll them an accusing them of being a fraud, who does that, is a sad person with no life on their own.
  • judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now if you are here just to troll the people who have ingame problems, that means something. Im not going to someone else posts troll them an accusing them of being a fraud, who does that, is a sad person with no life on their own.

Nobody called you a fraud, though I did suggest you are a bore. Despite breaking forum rules about naming-and-shaming and posting yet another thread on a subject for which there are already dozens, your novel approach to the bot-problem is at best a cautionary tale considering how well it worked out for you. Finally, the forums aren't for reporting in-game issues. You do that in-game. If that doesn't work, you should probably reconsider where and how you spend your money.
    edited June 2013
    Nobody called you a fraud, though I did suggest you are a bore. Despite breaking forum rules about naming-and-shaming and posting yet another thread on a subject for which there are already dozens, your novel approach to the bot-problem is at best a cautionary tale considering how well it worked out for you. Finally, the forums aren't for reporting in-game issues. You do that in-game. If that doesn't work, you should probably reconsider where and how you spend your money.
    Yes you are right about that. I am frustrated because i was punished trying to mess with a guy with 5 bot account. Thats the reason i am raging, i havent done anything wrong, i was trying to stop those 5 bots from ruining the pvp matches for dozens of players. Anyway ive seen that this forums are just full of troll personalitys, so I will not post anything more here because its useless. I found a way toscrew some bot scripts just by add as a friend, the friendship request will popup an may wreck his scripts. Anyone who want to try just take care cause you might get chatbanned.
  • wastingsanitywastingsanity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have played a lot of pvp matches and last night I was kicking about 8 bots on average before the match started. Typically this ruined the match since the game doesn't understand that we are still people short so it jumps to 7 seconds. The match should not start until we have 5 members.

Also I have reported bot that were not these. But I still see the other bots around. I probably will until I reach 60 on my alt. So basically accounts will be sold and other people will make some money. Add the fact some other factors like... it is easier/faster to get a blue from PVP then it is from PVE. Since no blue seems to drop for me in basic content only queued instances.
    edited June 2013
    I have played a lot of pvp matches and last night I was kicking about 8 bots on average before the match started. Typically this ruined the match since the game doesn't understand that we are still people short so it jumps to 7 seconds. The match should not start until we have 5 members.

Also I have reported bot that were not these. But I still see the other bots around. I probably will until I reach 60 on my alt. So basically accounts will be sold and other people will make some money. Add the fact some other factors like... it is easier/faster to get a blue from PVP then it is from PVE. Since no blue seems to drop for me in basic content only queued instances.
    It is really a gamebreaking issue, they need to do something about this soon
    edited June 2013
    It is really a gamebreaking issue, they need to do something about this soon

It's absolutely not game breaking. You're never going to stop people from cheating especially in a F2P game with very low barrier for entry. The best thing you can do as an adult is to kick them and move on. Your thread isn't telling them anything they don't already know.
    edited June 2013
    klipsta wrote: »
    It's absolutely not game breaking. You're never going to stop people from cheating especially in a F2P game with very low barrier for entry. The best thing you can do as an adult is to kick them and move on. Your thread isn't telling them anything they don't already know.

Is this your first MMO? Bots are a gamebreaking issue, period. In other MMO's they were a game breaking issue aswell, and got fixed. How you supposed to kick an entire enemy team of Bots? Tell me the way to do it brotha.

And it's so cool to try to play a game with friends and you get afk bots in 7/8 games you do. Perfect isn't it?
    edited June 2013
    And by the way, klipsta many people doesn't know that add as friend request to those bots will most likely screw up their scripts.
    edited June 2013
    Is this your first MMO? Bots are a gamebreaking issue, period. In other MMO's they were a game breaking issue aswell, and got fixed. How you supposed to kick an entire enemy team of Bots? Tell me the way to do it brotha.

And it's so cool to try to play a game with friends and you get afk bots in 7/8 games you do. Perfect isn't it?

This is obviously not my first MMO. I've played several with bots in them and it's just par for the course. There isn't anything you can do as a user except kick and report them. Even when people are paying $15 a month they cheat, so it's obviously going to be more rampant in a F2P game. I understand it's frustrating but part of being an adult is understanding certain circumstances cannot be changed and you have to deal with it. This is a computer game, not your life. If you're finding it too frustrating to play then go play something else. Making these kinds of threads does nothing to solve your problem and is only a marginally effective method of dealing with your rage
    edited June 2013
    This is obviously not my first MMO. I've played several with bots in them and it's just par for the course. There isn't anything you can do as a user except kick and report them. Even when people are paying $15 a month they cheat, so it's obviously going to be more rampant in a F2P game. I understand it's frustrating but part of being an adult is understanding certain circumstances cannot be changed and you have to deal with it. This is a computer game, not your life. If you're finding it too frustrating to play then go play something else. Making these kinds of threads does nothing to solve your problem and is only a marginally effective method of dealing with your rage

Between that rage complains you have some helpful information, one way to screw with their scripts, macros, whatever you want to call it. It's not my life, but is frustrating to have to deal with gamebreaking exploiters, like in any other MMO. And if you don't complain, make people agree with you, that will, most likely, never be fixed. So there you have the reason why forums exist, so you can feedback your ingame experience. And whoever joins the game at the moment, will see a game full of exploiters and bugs, they need to rush to fix this or in one month, they will have a 50k playerbase where 45k are bots.
    edited June 2013

they interfere with the following aspects of the game, some of which are considered "core" at least in a subjective sense, you can refute them all you want, but you can't really disprove them in that sense

so they interfere with:
    PVP
    PVE
    The economy
    The players (muting folks by spamming ignores)

Is there really any aspect of the game that can't be argued they don't destroy?

And if this isn't your first MMO, then clearly you should know that arguing the faux mature response, in the manner you are, just comes across (although don't mistake this as a accusation) as bad but elaborate trolling, if your opinion of him differs on how to deal with this or it's level of importance, then always remember the difference between having an opinion and being opinionated. You're well in the later ranges now and seem to be constantly on the attack with thinly veiled insults.

All issues are subjective really, he's just doing what he thinks is best, which is warning us and giving us at least one way to interfere with their botting, serves them right in that case. Why so mad at him for this?
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    they interfere with the following aspects of the game, some of which are considered "core" at least in a subjective sense, you can refute them all you want, but you can't really disprove them in that sense

so they interfere with:
    PVP
    PVE
    The economy
    The players (muting folks by spamming ignores)

Is there really any aspect of the game that can't be argued they don't destroy?

And if this isn't your first MMO, then clearly you should know that arguing the faux mature response, in the manner you are, just comes across (although don't mistake this as a accusation) as bad but elaborate trolling, if your opinion of him differs on how to deal with this or it's level of importance, then always remember the difference between having an opinion and being opinionated. You're well in the later ranges now and seem to be constantly on the attack with thinly veiled insults.

All issues are subjective really, he's just doing what he thinks is best, which is warning us and giving us at least one way to interfere with their botting, serves them right in that case. Why so mad at him for this?

Thanks for understanding my frustration and my point of view... My problem is that I spent some time having fun playing this game, and my hopes and dreams are falling apart already. I just want to see some hotfixes, because I feel that if this keeps happening, many people will leave to other games. And a game with no population, is a dead game.