test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So called bonus a FRAUD

zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So much for a bonus, local stores are selling the cards that just yesterday cost $20 for $25 today. So your not getting a bonus, you are just paying more. This is crappy of you Perfect World and Ultimate Game Cards.
Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
Friar Kalien of Torm
10.jpg
Post edited by zentucknor on

Comments

• Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay clarification, all the $20 face value cards where pulled and replaced with $25 face value cards. Interesting timing that... Looks like we are paying for our bonus...
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because PWE got their agents at your local stores, putting them guns to the heads and ordering charging 5$ more, when stores already bought cards and are free to sell them for whatever they decide to?

Welcome to the world bro, you might find more truths about the world when you finally get your first job at local store.
  • Options
    kulgerkulger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rather than wasting time going to the store, simply go to offgamers.com and purchase online Ultimate Game Card codes. They even had them selling at a 5% discount.

Of course, when I redeemed mine at PWE, I only received a 6% bonus, not 15%.

And I hate the fact that $50 is the highest UGC denomination PWE accepts for Neverwinter. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Not according to the Walmart floor manager. They were instructed to pull the $20 cards from the shelf yesterday and then told to put up the $25 this morning. This is also confirmed at local Walgreens as well.

BTW I have probably worked longer than you have been alive so do not be a jerk, son.
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kulger wrote: »
    Rather than wasting time going to the store, simply go to offgamers.com and purchase online Ultimate Game Card codes. They even had them selling at a 5% discount.

And I hate the fact that $50 is the highest UGC denomination PWE accepts for Neverwinter. :(

I love this game and Cryptic should be applauded for their efforts but I hate the financial model PW uses which is driving from this game slowly but steadily.
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they are selling the $25 cards and they give 2500 Zen, then how is it fraud? If they are selling the $20 for $25 and it gives 2000 Zen, then it is fraud.
  • Options
    bhsnbhsn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ow god... Totally agree with OP, it became a fraud when PW stated the bonus ( which was not given ) and demanded prices going up during a bonus promotion. That redundant, like paying 2 dollars for one card or 10 dollars for 5......
  • Options
    lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    If they are selling the $25 cards and they give 2500 Zen, then how is it fraud? If they are selling the $20 for $25 and it gives 2000 Zen, then it is fraud.

No, then it still wouldn't be fraud. They can ask whatever they want.
  • Options
    wtfsoindiewtfsoindie Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    You guys don't seem to understand what the op is saying.

If your prices are 1:100 you can't advertise a bonus if the price is still 1:100. It's like if you go to the store to get an energy drink or whatever for $3 and suddenly the cans are bigger and say "25% extra!" but they cost 25% more. That is not a bonus.
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The cards are 25$ and they give 2500 Zen, they then tack on 15% more Zen...

If you want to spend less money simply go to the charge Zen option at the top of the page, select the appropriate supplier (ultimate game card) and choose the amount you want to buy. You will also immediately see the bonus amount you get.

There is no fraud, people just need to actually learn to use their brains.
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And that is not the case. If you enter it properly you get 2500 + 15% more.
    wtfsoindie wrote: »

If your prices are 1:100 you can't advertise a bonus if the price is still 1:100. It's like if you go to the store to get an energy drink or whatever for $3 and suddenly the cans are bigger and say "25% extra!" but they cost 25% more. That is not a bonus.
  • Options
    lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    wtfsoindie wrote: »

And no one said that cans with "25% extra" have a bonus. "25% extra" is correct if the cans contain 25% extra. So. Yeah.

Try again with a better example.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trevien29 wrote: »
    , people just need to actually learn to use their brains.

good luck with that :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And no one said that cans with "25% extra" have a bonus. "25% extra" is correct if the cans contain 25% extra. So. Yeah.

Try again with a better example.

It's not extra, it's just a bigger can. If you can't grasp something as simple as that then there is no point in me continuing to post here.
    Trevien29 has already explained how the bonus occurs in the case of the zen purchasing so this topic is over anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Protip: don't be ambiguous. If you literally meant just a bigger can without more content, then yeah, obviously a scam. Not sure why you even bothered posting something that obvious, no one would argue against that. Derp.

I wasn't being ambiguous and that isn't what I meant. The 25% bigger can comes with 25% more drink inside and costs 25% more. This is a silly thing to argue about and I don't care to make you see any different point of view but your own, bye.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zentucknor wrote: »
    Not according to the Walmart floor manager. They were instructed to pull the $20 cards from the shelf yesterday and then told to put up the $25 this morning. This is also confirmed at local Walgreens as well.

BTW I have probably worked longer than you have been alive so do not be a jerk, son.

I can confirm this as well. These were pulled out of rotation due to a "pricing error".
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, that's like the most pathetic thing you could have said. Congrats, gramps.

How is that pathetic? I bet he has a job, and your still sucking on your mom *** for freebies. Much props to the person who actually has lived. You better be happy your hiding behind a computer, because in person I can promise you would have been slapped for the little POS you are.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kulger wrote: »

Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into these reports and see if anything is amiss!
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay clarification, all the $20 face value cards where pulled and replaced with $25 face value cards. Interesting timing that... Looks like we are paying for our bonus...

Walmart is still selling them for $20, no changes have been made. Do your homework before running to the forums screaming that the sky is falling.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ultimate-Game-Card-20-Email-Delivery/21310090

In fact many of the online stores listed are selling cards in many different values, $10, $20, $25, $30, etc.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/buyonline.html
  • Options
    ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought a $20 card this morning because of this promotion - unfortunately the 15% did not get applied... and I cannot seem to access PW's billing site to submit a ticket. But I should be used to those shady tactics having played CO for a couple of years - I've yet to find satisfaction from any customer "service" contact I've had with them.
  • Options
    computeredcomputered Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought two Ultimate game cards today, one for me and one for the wife. We both entered our card numbers and it said we would get 2300 points ($20) cards. However when it was done all we got was 2000. Our bonus never appeared.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I noticed that if i selected the Ultimate Game Card option I was getting the +15% bonus. If i selected the PlaySpan (which is where the UGC does the billing) I wouldnt get a bonus.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How is that pathetic? I bet he has a job, and your still sucking on your mom *** for freebies. Much props to the person who actually has lived. You better be happy your hiding behind a computer, because in person I can promise you would have been slapped for the little POS you are.

Many times I read a thread, lilmonkey222 says things like this. Or, great story bro, or something dumb like that. For the most part, there isn't any real contribution to the thread. He just likes to make himself feel better by insulting. If he'd have read what the op was responding to (poster basically calling the op naive and a kid), then he might not respond that way. Calling someone pathetic when that person is responding to an unprovoked insult is really childish.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Wow, have issues much?

Who is hiding behind his computer, insulting people, threatening violence?

Makes me wonder what could have happen to you to make you such a sad, angry person.
  • Options
    ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    computered wrote: »
    I bought two Ultimate game cards today, one for me and one for the wife. We both entered our card numbers and it said we would get 2300 points ($20) cards. However when it was done all we got was 2000. Our bonus never appeared.

same for me - hoping they fix it & fill in the missing 15%, I still cant get into their billing site.
  • Options
    xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Fraud would be defined as as an intentional act of deception involving financial transactions for purpose of personal gain. I'll leave you to your imagination as to whether there was fraud involved. I'll answer any questions or mistakes later.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Told by whom, cause I very much doubt that anyone in the store spoke to PWE and got the order from them.

I find it more likely that someone higher up the chain than the floor managers decided to switch from the $20 cards to the $25 cards than a big scheme by PWE.
  • Options
    n0fxer#8270 n0fxer Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well for what its worth, I did buy 2 cards today (30 and 20 denominations, should have went with 50 but with the way my day went, I will admit, I wasn't thinking clearly) and when I went to apply said cards, it did show prior to the addition the bonuses that should have been put in place with the point-to-zen purchase (Ultimate Game cards), but did not actually apply anything further. Just more or less bumping as it seems to be getting some attention.
  • Options
    jeahannejeahanne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eistander wrote: »
    Well for what its worth, I did buy 2 cards today (30 and 20 denominations, should have went with 50 but with the way my day went, I will admit, I wasn't thinking clearly) and when I went to apply said cards, it did show prior to the addition the bonuses that should have been put in place with the point-to-zen purchase (Ultimate Game cards), but did not actually apply anything further. Just more or less bumping as it seems to be getting some attention.

It could just be a simple bug in their system where it isn't allocating bonus zen like it should be. That's quite a bug though, considering how many people have/will be buying zen and being angry over not getting the bonus they were promised.
  • Options
    nibbnibbnibbnibb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Soooo... has anyone gotten the bonus to apply correctly? I had considered picking up a $20 (or $25 depending on what was for sale), but it would be solely for the 15% bonus that no one appears to be getting.