test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legend Of Drizzt - Melee Magthere - The Grand Melee (the daily of dailies!)

ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Well I have been convinced by those wiser than me (I won't mention names since their heads are big enough already) to make at least one daily quest to help get subscribers. I think its a great idea, so I took a quick break before making my Nine Circles of Hell to finish my campaign to make the above daily. This daily will put you in the center of the Grand Melee. You fight the other combatants as they fight you and themselves until there is only 1 victor! (The chase leads to caves built under the main arena in true underdark fashion where other things besides the combatants can reside! Watch out and don't fall to your death into natural holes to the darkness below!) And then it takes a nice twist ending from that point with a nice boss fight. This aims to be 15-18 minutes and perfect for the daily. Here's a screen shot teaser!

Everything is custom made using the open cave c shape. 3 levels with no map transitions!

I hope you like it!

screenshot_2013_05_31_13_43_54.jpg
Halls_Sig.jpg
Post edited by ellindar1 on

Comments

• chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ellindar1 wrote: »
    Well I have been convinced by those wiser than me (I won't mention names since their heads are big enough already) to make at least one daily quest to help get subscribers.

You're welcome.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • leightleoneleightleone Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest changing the name and removing any names/places that would tie this to the book. Otherwise, I believe it won't be allowed to be a daily quest because of copyright issues. I think I remember reading that even though some stuff is DnD, you can only use your own artistic creations or Neverwinter lore. This is something to look into.
  • ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest changing the name and removing any names/places that would tie this to the book. Otherwise, I believe it won't be allowed to be a daily quest because of copyright issues. I think I remember reading that even though some stuff is DnD, you can only use your own artistic creations or Neverwinter lore. This is something to look into.

Will do. But from what I understood as long as it was forgotten realms and officially labeled d&d it was good. I could be wrong :)
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • s2798s2798 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow this looks awesome! Count me in! I am a huge fan of the grand melee since picking up the graphic novel Homeland!
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All quests can be a daily I'm pretty sure. However, if your title/quest has copyright material in it than it cannot be considered for feature.

Edit: Also screenshot looks great :P can't wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    All quests can be a daily I'm pretty sure. However, if your title/quest has copyright material in it than it cannot be considered for feature.

Edit: Also screenshot looks great :P can't wait.

Cool, well I can just take the drizzt name out of it. The Melee Magthere school and the Grand Melee were adopted into the drow lore so drizzt would be the only questionable thing. Any quest with 20 plays qualifies for the daily, but the difference is making one built just for dailies. This won't have much story, though it will have a bit. But thrusts you into the action and sends you to the caverns of the underdark, etc. Should be fast paced and short. And thanks a ton for the comments almost & 2798!
    Halls_Sig.jpg