test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ioun stone of radiance creating animosity

partydownpartydown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Because this is only offered to some of pwes customers its clear that not all players are created equal. I was told by cs that i didnt qualify for the offer because it was only for new customers. Based on the the large number of long time zen buyers in my guild who did receive the offer i dont see how this can be true. When a company starts treating 'new' customers better then regular customers its time to become someone elses new customer.
Post edited by partydown on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah they really messed up with this offer , the PM had the right idea but it was implemented in a really bad way , in future they should just use the forum the launcher and the arc home page to advertise offers like these and open them up to everybody who then transfers zen into the game during the required times whether they are old customers or new customers , that would result in no bad feeling and no confusion .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As stated in the last thread, per CS 'If you didnt get the email, you are not eligible.' And per the moderator who closed the thread in the thread closing post, 'if you want to know if you are eligible you need to contact CS for a clear explanation of qualification requirements'.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Although I qualified for (and took advantage of) this offer it does make me uncomfortable a bit. However, as they said that anyone who had ever spent ZEN previously qualified it isn't too bad, so long as this includes people who bought 'packs' but didn't spend ZEN afterwards.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Although I qualified for (and took advantage of) this offer it does make me uncomfortable a bit.

Yep same here , I transfered 1000 zen as soon as I saw the email but it makes me worried that such good deals in future will only be open to select players , hopefully this experience has given the PM good ideas on how to run future events , I never realized they closed the original thread though so there can't be much else to discuss about it.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am not usually one to complain about the business practices of MMO developers and publishers, but in this instance I feel that some level of disquiet is appropriate. And I received the email, and will be getting my Stone. More transparency is needed in situations like this. No matter what the promotion may be, some people will not qualify for specific rewards either by lack of interest, lack of resources or lack of time to meet the requirements. However, people should be aware of what those requirements are well before the promotion conclude in order to meet the requirements that they might not have otherwise met.

I do not mind promotions that have difficult to meet requirements, IMO it adds a little "spice" to the game and can help to make some companions a status symbol (much like the book imp and the icosahedron stone), just make sure that ALL of the requirements are well documented and available to all at the beginning of the promotion. Anything less is unfair to your playerbase.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ultimately -

The active bonus is not amazing
    It's a green companion and requires upgrading
    It's not best augment for any character and class
    So why get so upset about something that you'd replace anyway? I don't understand...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah they really messed up with this offer , the PM had the right idea but it was implemented in a really bad way , in future they should just use the forum the launcher and the arc home page to advertise offers like these and open them up to everybody who then transfers zen into the game during the required times whether they are old customers or new customers , that would result in no bad feeling and no confusion .

That is what they actually used to do with the charge promotions. I don't see why they changed it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Ultimately -

So why get so upset about something that you'd replace anyway? I don't understand...
    It's the principle that makes people upset: a secret bonus only available to a select group.
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    And your all assuming it will never be available in Zen store for others to get.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Ultimately -

It's a fantastic companion if you are someone like me who has many characters, but doesn't play the bulk of them enough to warrant purchasing a higher level augment. I can now have an augment pet for all of my characters and only need to buy a higher level one for the select few I spend most of my time on.
  • Options
    xabersedgexabersedge Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    New player incentives are everywhere in all games. Same for new customers in the real world. The only animosity I see is from people that think they are being somehow dis-valued, which means you found some profound way to take it personally. Seriously people. It's not worth the whining and fuss, especially for a weak green companion. If you are that hurt about it, then make a new account and get it, that's all this is, is a drive to get more registered accounts. Numbers mean good things to investors which help keep this game running. . .as if my more than hundreds of dollars have't ;p Point is, life isn't fair so deal with it or work around it. Personally I think these "I want a cookie too" threads are useless and getting old.
    sunElf_Rogue.png
  • Options
    partydownpartydown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xabersedge wrote: »
    New player incentives are everywhere in all games. Same for new customers in the real world. The only animosity I see is from people that think they are being somehow dis-valued, which means you found some profound way to take it personally. Seriously people. It's not worth the whining and fuss, especially for a weak green companion. If you are that hurt about it, then make a new account and get it, that's all this is, is a drive to get more registered accounts. Numbers mean good things to investors which help keep this game running. . .as if my more than hundreds of dollars have't ;p Point is, life isn't fair so deal with it or work around it. Personally I think these "I want a cookie too" threads are useless and getting old.

Well its nice to finally get the official word from pwe, thanks. I wonder if this is a new player incentive why did some very long time players who have spent loads of money on zen get it too?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow. Really. How about the Panther and Arachnid mount for HotN customers, the Renegade Drow, the special mount if you bought a gaming magazine, the special Steam exclusive. Get a clue. Special limited exclusive offers have been in MMOs for years. Stop whining.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    stalesmoke wrote: »
    And your all assuming it will never be available in Zen store for others to get.

No we're all assuming that we are missing out on getting it for free, account wide.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    xabersedge wrote: »

Except, it wasn't explained as a new player promotion. If it was, great, and good for them, and I wouldn't have taken any issue. The way it was explained was that it was a promotion to anyone that had previously transferred Zen into NW in the past. So, those of us that feel we should qualify for the offer and did not receive notification are understandable expressing our desire to find out if we did indeed qualify for the offer so that we can take advantage before the deadline.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Wow. Really. How about the Panther and Arachnid mount for HotN customers, the Renegade Drow, the special mount if you bought a gaming magazine, the special Steam exclusive. Get a clue. Special limited exclusive offers have been in MMOs for years. Stop whining.
    All of which are publicly available, openly promoted by Cryptic, and with known requirements. How would you take it if bosses were added to the Foundry, but only for some authors and secretly so you only noticed when you saw one in a Foundry you were playing, instead of Cryptic publicly saying "we have added bosses to the Foundry".
  • Options
    namelesstwonamelesstwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you are that hurt about it, then make a new account and get it, that's all this is, is a drive to get more registered accounts

Only the way it was explained by Cryptic it was the exact opposite of a new customer promotion, it was a loyalty promotion for pre-existing accounts only. The way it was explained you had to have already transferred zen in the past into neverwinter to get the E-mail. Any new accounts made after the promotional period (which again according to previous communication was before any E-mail about the stone where sent) are ineligible. You are ironical demonstrating why people have animosity towards this no one is sure of the requirements.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All of which are publicly available, openly promoted by Cryptic, and with known requirements. .
    That no longer makes them exclusive. I recall several "pets" that Blizzard/WoW only made available if you physically went to one of their conferences.As long as something "equivalent" in the case of bonuses/stats is made available - I have no problem with exclusive decorations or fashion items, or completely non-bonus companions. But, yes - if an equivalent is not available, that's pretty lame.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    That no longer makes them exclusive. I recall several "pets" that Blizzard/WoW only made available if you physically went to one of their conferences.As long as something "equivalent" in the case of bonuses/stats is made available - I have no problem with exclusive decorations or fashion items, or completely non-bonus companions. But, yes - if an equivalent is not available, that's pretty lame.
    No, those things are still exclusive, you cant get them without a Founders Pack/Fury of the Feywild etc.

In your WoW case, those pets were available to anyone who chose to attend the conference. In this case you cant "choose to attend" because it was an unannounced "conference" with a guest list selected, but not randomly selected, by the host.

Also, there are no equivalent companions available, the purple stone is account wide augment, but getting one is open to anyone who gets the Foundry authoring achievements, which are publicly known.
  • Options
    starflingerstarflinger Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nope... the whole idea behind the "ioun stone of radiance" was to tempt uncommon Zen buyers back into buying Zen. Why should guys who buy Zen daily need any extra reward? You're going to spend your monthly paycheck regardless lol
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I received the promotion email, transferred 1000 Zen to Neverwinter 2 days ago and still have not received the Ioun Stone.
  • Options
    jaitillisjaitillis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    I received the promotion email, transferred 1000 Zen to Neverwinter 2 days ago and still have not received the Ioun Stone.

It won't arrive for 2-4 more days. The stone isn't delivered until after the promotion ends.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jaitillis wrote: »
    It won't arrive for 2-4 more days. The stone isn't delivered until after the promotion ends.

Cheers, missed the bit stating after offer expires:)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the previous ioun stone of radiance thread was closed as we can no longer offer any support here within the forums. people interested in this offer are to submit a support ticket to determine whether they are eligible. we will provide a temporary sticky in general with the information that was provided about the offer and the aforementioned procedure for determining eligibility.

PWE has indirectly acknowledged that there have been complaints about this offer as it was PWE staff that advised us, the community team, to redirect forum inquiries to customer service.

the link to submit a support ticket from the website is here:

https://support.arcgames.com/app/home

you may also send an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

again, PWE thanks the community for their feedback and apologizes for any inconvenience.

thank you.
This discussion has been closed.