test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Began lvl 60 pvp and what did I find but OP Control Wizards dominating

2»

Comments

• calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for clearing that up! I wish everyone could understand that PvP is TEAM. Aka team work. There is no better class.

Teamwork doesn't mean that the classes are balanced though. While Bright Wizards could be insane 1v1 class in WAR, bomb groups with 2 tanks, 2 wizards and 2 healers would melt warbands. We'll see what happens when they add Gauntlgrym 20 vs 20 PVP.
  • oif7greenmedicoif7greenmedic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to add. Playing a GWF at *all* levels pvp I look for CW's to pwn. It is the single thing GWF can do well. You can't CC us and once we close with sprint you are prone and dead. I don't know what 'guides' have said stay away from CW as a GWF but thats the total opposite of what you should do. Just hollar at Eyescream(dragon) if you want to pvp i'll go in premades with ya and show ya =p
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just want to add. Playing a GWF at *all* levels pvp I look for CW's to pwn. It is the single thing GWF can do well. You can't CC us and once we close with sprint you are prone and dead. I don't know what 'guides' have said stay away from CW as a GWF but thats the total opposite of what you should do. Just hollar at Eyescream(dragon) if you want to pvp i'll go in premades with ya and show ya =p

+1 for this guy
    21.jpg
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This game needs diminishing returns for crowd control abilities. Every pvp game has it.

No other game allows to block all CC abilities. Besides, CC in PvP already lasts a very brief period. Various abilities also provide complete immunity to any CC long enough to kill a CW three times.

The issue in PvP is the damage. Any class with comparable gear can almost two-shot any other class, if played well.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The issue in PvP is the damage. Any class with comparable gear can almost two-shot any other class, if played well.

You mean geared well.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game needs diminishing returns for crowd control abilities. Every pvp game has it.

I agree, but that doesn't work well on the forum here, and that's where the real problem is.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    You mean geared well.

Both. But I assume that most people will relatively quickly have a mix of PvP and T2 gear after hitting 60.

I actually find sub-60 PvP far more enjoyable, with all my characters, regardless of class. 60, even with a decently geared CW, isn't much fun to me. Yes, I can two-shot people, but they can also two-shot me. All that matters is who gets the jump. Getting killed is just way too fast 60.

Any kind of PvP balance changes would need to start with a damage reduction across the board, in my opinion.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Both. But I assume that most people will relatively quickly have a mix of PvP and T2 gear after hitting 60.

I actually find sub-60 PvP far more enjoyable, with all my characters, regardless of class. 60, even with a decently geared CW, isn't much fun to me. Yes, I can two-shot people, but they can also two-shot me. All that matters is who gets the jump. Getting killed is just way too fast 60.

Any kind of PvP balance changes would need to start with a damage reduction across the board, in my opinion.

Most game have a different type of pvp set and pvp items aimed for reduction damage from other players at the price of less offensive stats to make the gear needed for pvp and sub-par for pve compared the to the dungeons set. At this point, for some classes, pvp set is better than their T1 set for dungeons and can be earn in few hours, while the a T1 set could take weeks of T2 dungeons grinding. Just saying, how pvp is a joke and it's actually the quickest way to get geared for everything outside pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]