What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at Cryptic loading screen

Comments

• Options
    feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reinstall didn't help. Will you -please- pull your thumbs out, do your job and fix your broken game?
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • Options
    rozzetlolrozzetlol Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still not working :mad:
  • Options
    xdinosaurdanielxdinosaurdaniel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not working for me either :(. Doing an update to all my drivers and everything just to see if that works.
  • Options
    michazzosmichazzos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    funny i fixed my problem with just restarting my comp.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all, would you kindly let us know if you're still seeing this issue? If so, have you ever been able to bring up the brightness calibration screen, or does it freeze before them?

Please also post your system specs so that we can investigate. Thank you!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    dmaniacdmaniac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still happens to me and i havent been able to bring the brightness calibration screen up. Im on a laptop: Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40, 16GB Ram AMD Radeon HD 7870M
  • Options
    shadoboi1shadoboi1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am still having the same problem. I have not gotten to a screen where I can change the brightness, only the first Cryptic loading screen.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    6144MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
  • Options
    rapidcrapidc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuck in loading screen before the brightness calibration!
    system(Laptop):intel i7 @1,9ghz 2,4ghz
    4gb ram
    64 bit windows 8
    Intel HD graphics 4000
  • Options
    rt2385rt2385 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At one point I was stuck at the Cryptic Screen Load. It crashed out a few times. I re-installed NW and cut off the Firewall/Anti-Virus and restarted system fresh. Installed NW and let it load up and patch. Once I hit Play, it passes Cryptic screen, but crashes out after a moment in the NW Logo with Loading in white on the bottom. It passed the screen brightness set too. Kinda pops up fast but afterward it goes right to the NW Logo and Loading part, and that is where it does the crash out.

That is my current brick wall...heh.

Will keep watch on this thread in hopes for a solution.

AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual Core Mobile RM-75 2.20 GHz
    4.00 GB (RAM)
    32-bit OS Win7 Ultimate
  • Options
    dmaniacdmaniac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Found a temporary solution for the problem. In the client use the Safe Mode in the options and (for me) doesnt get stuck anymore. After that i change the resolution settings and play the game normally. Its not perfect but it helps for the ones that cant play
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No luck for me
  • Options
    ronjwronjw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here...

I'm running:
    - Windows 7 Pro x64
    - Intel 3770K
    - 16 GB RAM
    - AsRock Z77 Extereme6
    - AMD 6990
    - Corsair Performance Pro SSD (TRIM enabled)

I've tried:
    1) Reinstalling
    2) Loading in Safe Mode
    3) Forcing reverification
    4) Using administrator options
    5) Disabling x64 detection in advanced options
    6) Disabling all firewalls and network control utilities

Still no dice... any help or other suggestions would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    impetusventiimpetusventi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried all the solutions above, not working. Cryptic screen loads to about 40%, then game stops responding.. Reinstalled a few times, even tried to copy the whole installation from my laptop where it still works. Not working, it still gives me the same error.

Running Win7 Home Premium 64bit.

Specs:
    Sandisk 240GB SSD
    AsRock Z77 Extreme4
    Intel i5-3570k
    8GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Should be noted that this never happened until the latest patch, upon which my game crashed when I searched for a foundry quest, proceeding into blue screen and resulting in me having to reformat and reinstall my whole PC.
  • Options
    gjingjin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem for me now. Was working fine over the weekend and last night. Tried to log in today, got to the Cryptic page, and crashed about 30 seconds later.
  • Options
    radio1000radio1000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found this thread through a google search and am having this very same problem with Star Trek Online. I have tried EVERYTHING on this forum and then some for the last week to get STO working. I really don't feel like sitting through a 10gig-one-day download again. Please Cryptic fix this problem pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeee.
  • Options
    impetusventiimpetusventi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to get in after adding it to trusted applications, but now after I restart my PC it goes into the same problem again even after fresh install.

I really want to play this game. I really like it. But if the devs are too lazy to fix these kinds of things, I give up..

Here's an error ticket ID: 14593375
  • Options
    eth642eth642 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Surely they'e seen the 5 pages of people complaining by now. They really need to get on this :(
  • Options
    rt2385rt2385 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah they do.

Figured I would wait awhile and still nothing resolved it seems.

I had recently uninstalled and did a direct download instead of using the torrent. Still have everything off for I noticed when I had the anti-virus and firewall up, it kept me at Cryptic screen and crashing out.

Removed that, kept it removed even during this new fresh install. Just got done patching today, hit the play and it passed Cryptic screen...but crashed on the Neverwinter Loading screen.

Will keep checking this thread and others now I am back around...unless I missed something?
  • Options
    ishmaaelishmaael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuck at "Cryptic" loading screen (5%), haven't seen the light calibration screen:

OS - Windows 8 64bit
    CPU- AMD Quad core A8-4500M
    GPU - AMD Radeaon HD 7640G
    Mem - 4GB DDR3

If I force close program (or after a long enough period of time) I get the following error message:

Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue:
    Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue: Bin/missiontags.Bin

HELP!!!
  • Options
    fanfarexfanfarex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This same problem plagues Star Trek, and it is a very simple fix, hope it helps all you guys/gals out!
    go to your cryptic folder

in windows 7 it is
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live

open the folder cache
    delete all contents

then open the folder .patch
    delete all contents

then open the folder prepatch
    then open the folder piggs
    delete all contents

restart you launcher and this will check and repatch, and SHOULD then allow your game to load all the way through.

Good Luck
  • Options
    astermalmastermalm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://i44.tinypic.com/ixfr61.jpg

same problem.

(edit) Think i fixed it.

Removed all files in patch and cashe folder and i could start the client again.
  • Options
    reychk1reychk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fanfarex wrote: »
    This same problem plagues Star Trek, and it is a very simple fix, hope it helps all you guys/gals out!
    go to your cryptic folder

in windows 7 it is
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live

open the folder cache
    delete all contents

then open the folder .patch
    delete all contents

then open the folder prepatch
    then open the folder piggs
    delete all contents

restart you launcher and this will check and repatch, and SHOULD then allow your game to load all the way through.

Good Luck

This fix worked for me, after a short repatch I was able to log into the game.
  • Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    Im having the same issues, tried all solutions mentioned in this thread but none work.
    Please fix this issue, I didnt spend cash in your zenshop just to stare at a loading screen all day, thanks.
  • Options
    seaofgalileeseaofgalilee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ishmaael wrote: »
    Stuck at "Cryptic" loading screen (5%), haven't seen the light calibration screen:

OS - Windows 8 64bit
    CPU- AMD Quad core A8-4500M
    GPU - AMD Radeaon HD 7640G
    Mem - 4GB DDR3

If I force close program (or after a long enough period of time) I get the following error message:

Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue:
    Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue: Bin/missiontags.Bin

HELP!!!

The recent .42 patch resolved this issue. Nice job NW team :)
  • Options
    kyouchoukyouchou Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I run Online Armor as my firewall and found that I also kept getting stuck at the Cryptic loading screen until I set the firewall to completely ignore everything in the Neverwinter install folder. If any of you are still having issues with this even after the more recent patches and clearing your patch files and repatching, try checking your firewall setup to make sure your firewall program isn't interfering. Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    peukiepeukie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solved!
    no problems since the recent .42 patch. For those who still encounter the issue even after patching, I got past the Cryptic loading screen by disconnecting all my USB devices. So I disconnected my external hdd, usb-stick, bluetooth receiver. Restarted the game and it loaded properly and that was before the .42 patch.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    still having issues.. I can't get into the game at all
  • Options
    barbotineqcbarbotineqc Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello,

everything worked fine until this morning, stuck on the cryptic screen. And my girlfriend too.
    So I tried several solutions you mentioned and nothing worked.

At the end I just pulled the plug off my router and restart it. Worked just fine, even for her and she didn't do all the uninstall, reboot etc I did...

hope it will help
  • Options
    salpicsalpic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I still cant fix this problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Level: 0
    Human: Warrior
    Guild: Heavenly
    Position: Leader
    Link: heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com
  • Options
    agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    2 years later and the problem persists. I sign in, it loads up, I get to the Neverwinter logo screen with dev's and sponsors on the bottom, then it goes to loading, then black screen and freezes my computer. That's IF I can even get that far. Usually it gives me one of two errors, one I can run a check for, the other just telling me there's a problem. This problem started about 3 days after I downloaded it from Steam.

Perfect world, Cryptic, whoever is in charge of maintenance, get your act together.