test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Special pay server for founders and above

vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know that I do not have a lot of money invested in NMO. I have more then others and when my game gets ruined by some person yelling "they are a bot kick them" in an Arena and I am geared 10 times better then them and definitely not a bot and most likely that person has never invested one penny into this game just is not right. Bots being destroying most Arenas in the 5 mans. If you put up a special pay server for those who actually have money invested in NWO it would stop with the botters and a large portion of the griefers.

I think the reason I got booted before the match was because I was displaying my "founder" title. I did not say anything I just zoned in and the match had not begun so there was no reason to even proclaim that unless it was my founder title.

This is what happens and why we can not have nice things. A large portion of PVP now is botters. They completely destroyed most brackets. I am pretty certain that they are from a third world country and using either VPN's or VPS's to run the Bot's and fairly cheap IP banning will do no good as they will just scrap that IP and get a new one for 1.00 seriously no joke an IP only cost between 1.00 and 5.00 so the can afford to lose an IP. The only solution is these third world countries are doing this because they only have to invest money in the IP's and workers. You raise the bar and making it so that at least you must have purchased the founder pack and with the risk of banning it now becomes unprofitable to bot in these servers so can only bot in the totally free servers.

Yes I know there will still be botters in the paid founders and above servers but it will not be as bad as the rick plus investment will make it so that the bar is too high unless they start carding for the founders packs which is also a very big possibility.

Well there you have it. We paid for extra and I know it clearly stated what we will be getting but it would solve a lot of problems.
Post edited by vladious1977 on

Comments

• Options
    laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got booted because they wanted a fast lose or you had **** gear.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    laudon1 wrote: »

Perhaps maybe but my gear was best in slot for the level so doubt it would be my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear lol. I was better geared then the person who kicked me. It still all boils down to someone with nothing vested into the game interfering with someone else good time who did actually pay.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was better geared then the person who kicked me. It still all boils down to someone with nothing vested into the game interfering with someone else good time who did actually pay.

So if the player who kicked you had better gear it would be ok? Or if they had spent more money than you it would be ok?

Your argument makes no sense. Games you have to buy, have jerks. And even subscription based games have them too. Take WoW for example. Its rare to do a PvP Battleground there without hearing people whine and insults about the teams gear, noobs, bots, etc... You can bet that if the raid leader in that game had the power to kick, that would be an issue too.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    So if the player who kicked you had better gear it would be ok? Or if they had spent more money than you it would be ok?

Your argument makes no sense. Games you have to buy, have jerks. And even subscription based games have them too. Take WoW for example. Its rare to do a PvP Battleground there without hearing people whine and insults about the teams gear, noobs, bots, etc... You can bet that if the raid leader in that game had the power to kick, that would be an issue too.

My argument makes perfect sense if you ask me. Right now there is no financial risk for botters. Make it so that founders and above can have a special server it would be much cleaner because there would be more risk involved with botting. It is basic math and business. Yes there will be botters still but there would be less as it would put the third world botters who are just abusing the situation because there is hardly no cost involved out of business on the founders and above servers. Those are the majority of the botters.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My argument makes perfect sense if you ask me. Right now there is no financial risk for botters. Make it so that founders and above can have a special server it would be much cleaner because there would be more risk involved with botting. It is basic math and business. Yes there will be botters still but there would be less as it would put the third world botters who are just abusing the situation because there is hardly no cost involved out of business on the founders and above servers. Those are the majority of the botters.

Of course a special sever for founders would be cleaner because most have left already *Zing!*
    but anyway a new server for just "insert group here" is not needed.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Think about it like this. These third world botters margins are pretty small as it is. On a free server they can tear it up. 100 accounts pumping in about 5-10 a day with little to no investment other then the price of the laborer and the cost of the IP's. Now in order to do this on a VIP server it would cost them a minimum of 6k to even start that most likely will be banned before they have received a return on there investment.
  • Options
    iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know that I do not have a lot of money invested in NMO. I have more then others and when my game gets ruined by some person yelling "they are a bot kick them" in an Arena and I am geared 10 times better then them and definitely not a bot and most likely that person has never invested one penny into this game just is not right. Bots being destroying most Arenas in the 5 mans. If you put up a special pay server for those who actually have money invested in NWO it would stop with the botters and a large portion of the griefers.

I think the reason I got booted before the match was because I was displaying my "founder" title. I did not say anything I just zoned in and the match had not begun so there was no reason to even proclaim that unless it was my founder title.

This is what happens and why we can not have nice things. A large portion of PVP now is botters. They completely destroyed most brackets. I am pretty certain that they are from a third world country and using either VPN's or VPS's to run the Bot's and fairly cheap IP banning will do no good as they will just scrap that IP and get a new one for 1.00 seriously no joke an IP only cost between 1.00 and 5.00 so the can afford to lose an IP. The only solution is these third world countries are doing this because they only have to invest money in the IP's and workers. You raise the bar and making it so that at least you must have purchased the founder pack and with the risk of banning it now becomes unprofitable to bot in these servers so can only bot in the totally free servers.

Yes I know there will still be botters in the paid founders and above servers but it will not be as bad as the rick plus investment will make it so that the bar is too high unless they start carding for the founders packs which is also a very big possibility.

Well there you have it. We paid for extra and I know it clearly stated what we will be getting but it would solve a lot of problems.

Are you high on something?
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My argument makes perfect sense if you ask me. Right now there is no financial risk for botters.

You'd really be ok with someone who spent more money than you being able to kick you: just because?

Wouldn't matter. The game I already mentioned has to be bought. And it has a monthly sub. And it has a ton of botters. If they can't manage to get rid of them even with the up front costs... I don't see your paid server idea working any better.

You are trying to segregate the paying players from the ones who pay little or nothing. That kills the whole draw of free to play. You'd eliminate the masses of people that make the game seem alive. Not to mention ruin the whole idea of the exchange (How would players sell Zen for AD if everyone on your server are selling and no one is buying?). Besides, its been said a bunch of times that they intend to only have one server anyway.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    goranthargoranthar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am pretty certain that they are from a third world country and using either VPN's or VPS's to run the Bot's and fairly cheap IP banning will do no good as they will just scrap that IP and get a new one for 1.00 seriously no joke an IP only cost between 1.00 and 5.00 so the can afford to lose an IP. The only solution is these third world countries are doing this because they only have to invest money in the IP's and workers.

Um, to get a new IP I reconnect to my provider. Ever heard of dynamic-IPs? Pretty standard all around the world for years now. IP-banning has been useless for nearly a decade now.

So if such a fundamentally basic concept is news to you, you might want to hold of on the rest if your uninformed drivel.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    goranthar wrote: »
    Um, to get a new IP I reconnect to my provider. Ever heard of dynamic-IPs? Pretty standard all around the world for years now. IP-banning has been useless for nearly a decade now.

So if such a fundamentally basic concept is news to you, you might want to hold of on the rest if your uninformed drivel.
    You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. When you rent a VPS it comes with an IP issued by the hosting company. It cost anywhere from 1-5 dollars for a new IP. Maybe perhaps you should have looked up some of the prices on some hosting companies and seen. Who gives a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about your home connection. These botters do not work from a home connection they have server farms. If you do not know what you are talking about why try to correct me?

Ever heard of Google? Next time use it before you look like the worlds dumbest person.
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    You'd really be ok with someone who spent more money than you being able to kick you: just because?

Wouldn't matter. The game I already mentioned has to be bought. And it has a monthly sub. And it has a ton of botters. If they can't manage to get rid of them even with the up front costs... I don't see your paid server idea working any better.

You are trying to segregate the paying players from the ones who pay little or nothing. That kills the whole draw of free to play. You'd eliminate the masses of people that make the game seem alive. Not to mention ruin the whole idea of the exchange (How would players sell Zen for AD if everyone on your server are selling and no one is buying?). Besides, its been said a bunch of times that they intend to only have one server anyway.

+1 Bottom Line Period
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. When you rent a VPS it comes with an IP issued by the hosting company. It cost anywhere from 1-5 dollars for a new IP. Maybe perhaps you should have looked up some of the prices on some hosting companies and seen. Who gives a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about your home connection. These botters do not work from a home connection they have server farms. If you do not know what you are talking about why try to correct me?

Ever heard of Google? Next time use it before you look like the worlds dumbest person.

What google you usin atm? IP changers are easy to get these days, not to mention dynamic ip's.. so your main idea is ruined at start :/
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Paid server would be nice, so the game will be less p2w and more a normal f2p. Obviously i will never go into the paid server :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jigles wrote: »
    What google you usin atm? IP changers are easy to get these days, not to mention dynamic ip's.. so your main idea is ruined at start :/

What google are you using? try this go to hostgator get on support and ask them how much a new IP is. I say hostgator because it is the most known hosting company but they usually use cheaper server farms then hostgator. Holy smokes never met a bunch of clueless people in my life.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You think just because you were stupid enough to pay $200 for a free game it entitles you to special treatment. It doesn't. There's no need for an elitist section in this game. You didn't pay for extra privilege you only paid for a few in game trinkets. Whatever reason they kicked you from the team is only up to the one person that did so, maybe he was just a jerk.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    zenatsuzenatsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need to pay for Static ip's not for dynamic..most isp's today provide dynamic ip's and ppl who actually need a static ip for something like a server pay extra...so ip ban is useless. And as long as f2p stays the game will be full of bots/spammers/gold sellers.

Any change they'll do to prevent this will only hurt normal players so nothing will ever happen.

so Deal with it...
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    laudon1 wrote: »

That GS signature of yours is rather pathetic don't you think ?
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Separating paying users and F2P users defies the whole purpose of a F2P MMORPG!

There is not enough paying NW members to populate an entire server. I don't even know the numbers and I don't even have to know this either because the proof is right there in front of our own eyes! Subscription-based MMOs are dying and lacking population (except for WoW) and either shut down or go F2P to bring back people so the paying members stop quitting cause they are lonely!

You should be greatful that this game is F2P! If it wasn't, and you were forced to buy it, or pay a monthly fee, it would of suffered the same faith as every single MMORPG out there on the market that forces players to pay!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What google are you using? try this go to hostgator get on support and ask them how much a new IP is. I say hostgator because it is the most known hosting company but they usually use cheaper server farms then hostgator. Holy smokes never met a bunch of clueless people in my life.

Holy smokes never met someone that think that knows everything better than others. Im GM on another game.. and believe me.. ip ban dont solve anything. ATM you can get a new ip by asking to your ISP, or u can download a software that changes ip constantly. Get it now?
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    Eventually a paid-only server would die down due to lack of activity. A good idea, but in the long run not feasible I think. People tend to switch games and as a game gets older, not many people will buy Founder packs.

Another downside is that you can play only that account on that server. You can't have an alternate account unless you pay for that one as well!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jigles wrote: »
    Holy smokes never met someone that think that knows everything better than others. Im GM on another game.. and believe me.. ip ban dont solve anything. ATM you can get a new ip by asking to your ISP, or u can download a software that changes ip constantly. Get it now?

No you do not get it. Who cares if you are a GM on another game. A public proxy which is what you are referring to would be too slow to run then allotted amount of clients they would need to run to make it profitable. Once again learn what a bot farm is. I do not care what you think you know. I know what you are referring to and for one person yes that is great but it would not work on a bot farm. Do you get it now?

Get a new one by asking your ISP? Once again junior let the adults talk. You are not going to call up your hosting providers ISP to get them to give you a NEW IP cause it is not your ISP account. It belongs to the hosting provider.

The only statement you got right was that IP ban solves nothing as a new IP only cost from any hosting company a max of 5.00

If you do not even know that how are you a GM of anything?
  • Options
    popeonarope101popeonarope101 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Know what happens when botters and gold sellers can't get access to a game? They start hacking/stealing accounts to accomplish their goals. I prefer the current system in place over the alternative. Instead of complaints about griefing on the forums, it would be a million threads about 'I got hacked!'
  • Options
    xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No you do not get it. Who cares if you are a GM on another game. A public proxy which is what you are referring to would be too slow to run then allotted amount of clients they would need to run to make it profitable. Once again learn what a bot farm is. I do not care what you think you know. I know what you are referring to and for one person yes that is great but it would not work on a bot farm. Do you get it now?

Get a new one by asking your ISP? Once again junior let the adults talk. You are not going to call up your hosting providers ISP to get them to give you a NEW IP cause it is not your ISP account. It belongs to the hosting provider.

The only statement you got right was that IP ban solves nothing as a new IP only cost from any hosting company a max of 5.00

If you do not even know that how are you a GM of anything?

Maybe I'm wrong with this (if so just let me know). But I've got a dynamic IP and if i restart my modem, my IP changes. Around a year ago i got IP banned in another game (yes i broke some rules) and all i had to do was just restart and bam, I'm back to playing the game. No need to pay anything or ask the ISP to change my IP :/
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • Options
    tovrintovrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post was kind of funny, but I LOLed when I got to ...
    I am pretty certain that they are from a third world country ...

Comedy gold!
  • Options
    gongstargongstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xiolin wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong with this (if so just let me know). But I've got a dynamic IP and if i restart my modem, my IP changes. Around a year ago i got IP banned in another game (yes i broke some rules) and all i had to do was just restart and bam, I'm back to playing the game. No need to pay anything or ask the ISP to change my IP :/

You are correct.
    Most people do not have static IP's and can easily change it.
    No money involved.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    Separating paying users and F2P users defies the whole purpose of a F2P MMORPG!

There is not enough paying NW members to populate an entire server. I don't even know the numbers and I don't even have to know this either because the proof is right there in front of our own eyes! Subscription-based MMOs are dying and lacking population (except for WoW) and either shut down or go F2P to bring back people so the paying members stop quitting cause they are lonely!

You should be greatful that this game is F2P! If it wasn't, and you were forced to buy it, or pay a monthly fee, it would of suffered the same faith as every single MMORPG out there on the market that forces players to pay!

On the charts right now, the 6 most populated MMOs are still sub based. The constant claim that sub based games are dying is a myth. They have outlasted the many feeble attempts at f2p games. The reason for F2P games is to unhinge the money from the expectation of anything in game. You buy zen, you get zen, that's it. What you expected is what you got. Everything else after that is a 0 cash value transaction of make believe money that only works in their stores.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xiolin wrote: »

Once again you are talking about your HOME connection. There is a very very big difference between your home and a data center. Yes both are climate controlled I am sure. I am still certain you would rather sleep in your bed then a floor in a data center though. Bot farms ran by companies are not ran on peoples home computers. Why are people answering talking about there home connection?

They manage hundreds of accounts can you do that in your house on your connection on your computer? If you live in the USA most ISP's have you capped on how much bandwith you can use in a month and running 100 NWO's from your home at the same time you might exceed cap in just a few days.

Maybe it is obvious as I work in the tech industry and expect everyone to know about this sort of thing as it seems pretty basic to me..
  • Options
    xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once again you are talking about your HOME connection. there is a very very big difference between your home and a data center. Bot farms ran by companies are not ran on peoples home computers. Why are people answering talking about there home connection?

Ok if it's bot farms run by companies, then what you say can be true. But that doesnt mean the bots can be run from home as well. Heck, it's possible to run atleast 7 clients in my pc not to mention my friend has access to 4 pc's and 2 laptops in his house (hes a tech geek and loves his computer stuff). If he wanted to, he could run the bots from his house and change the IP once it's blocked. Ofcourse the impact or the size of it wont be as big as these companies you talk about.

EDIT: And no, I'm not from USA. I'm from one of those "third world" countries that you speak of. We got packages here with no limit (some are kind of slow but quite cheap while others cost somewhat high but is more than enough to play games like this).
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    IP Bans aren't used here or elsewhere as they are a completely ineffective way to ban users.

There are two types of IP Addresses: Static and Dynamic.

Chances are if you don't know which type of IP Address you have then you have a Dynamic IP Address.
    A Dynamic IP Address means that it changes periodically, typically after resetting your internet modem, therefore any IP Ban would be temporary at best. The more troublesome aspect, though, is that if company's IP Banned players theoretically I could get assigned a new IP Address which happened to belong to a previously banned user.

IP Bans/Restrictions just do not work and hence are not used by any large audience company. IP Bans are something small websites use since the userbase they attract are equally small and the chances of accidental bans are virtually non-existent. IP Bans/Restrictions are not used by any MMO despite this common misconception by the player base.

All of that is a bit off the beaten road of your suggestion but it has come up so I figured it should be touched upon.

The MMO Industry as a whole has had an ongoing battle against bots for years now. Hundreds of millions of dollars are invested into bot detection and prevention throughout the industry annually because there is no way to stop bots from accessing any game.
    Even games which have start up fees such as box prices have an equally daunting tasks to deal with bots and there is no simple solution. The fact of the matter is that bots make money and are willing to spend money in order to make money.

Bots are a top priority issue but separate paid for servers are unlikely to come around because it is simply a completely ineffective way to prevent bots from accessing the game. If there is enough reason for bots to pay for any incentives to access the servers they will with less hesitation than any normal player.

There will be improvements dealing with bots in the game. That I can promise you. The nature of these improvements are likely to be kept behind closed doors more often than not so bots don't work around them but bots will be dealt with on a constant basis.
    In time you should see an overall improvement with the number of bots in the game with or without a news post referring to any improvements to the way farm bots are being detected and removed from the game. :)
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @OP: No. Bad idea.