test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of Control Wizard armor sets (epic)

2»

Comments

• Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    multifix wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the shadow weaver set drops?

Cap - Spellplague Cavern

Gloves - Caverns of Karrundax

Slippers - The Frozen Heart

Tunic - Temple of the Spider

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    orekonorekon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm... Just a question, the 4-bonus of the Gladiator set don't work ?
    I tried with nd without and same cooldown each time. :/

Another question, what's the cap for crit & recovery ? (after 40% recovery cd don't move much)
  • Options
    delerpdelerp Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    orekon wrote: »
    Hmmm... Just a question, the 4-bonus of the Gladiator set don't work ?
    I tried with nd without and same cooldown each time. :/

Another question, what's the cap for crit & recovery ? (after 40% recovery cd don't move much)

4 bonus gladiator set doesn't work at all

no hard cap for crit,recovery but recovery gets bad at 3000+ and crit around ~2000

shadow weaver set 4 bonus is super bugged, sometimes it does nothing and you have to re-equip one item to get it back, other times it gives the buff up to 3 times per monster, resulting in crit severity buff of 66%+
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delerp wrote: »
    4 bonus gladiator set doesn't work at all

no hard cap for crit,recovery but recovery gets bad at 3000+ and crit around ~2000

shadow weaver set 4 bonus is super bugged, sometimes it does nothing and you have to re-equip one item to get it back, other times it gives the buff up to 3 times per monster, resulting in crit severity buff of 66%+

THANK YOU. Finally someone who mentions it somewhere. It's been driving me nuts. The 4 piece bonus DOES NOT WORK. It doesn't work PvE and it doesn't work PvP. It gives you the exact same cooldown.

Edit: People, please submit a ticket about the Gladiator set. Make them fix it in the next patch.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone confirm any of the active bonuses working? I've tried pvp...t1 and focul magi...none work.
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So it's not just the gladiator bonus that doesn't work?
  • Options
    violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THANK YOU. Finally someone who mentions it somewhere. It's been driving me nuts. The 4 piece bonus DOES NOT WORK. It doesn't work PvE and it doesn't work PvP. It gives you the exact same cooldown.

Edit: People, please submit a ticket about the Gladiator set. Make them fix it in the next patch.

LOL We've had lists of bugs on these forums since open beta started and many of them were listed and reported in closed betas before that. There hasn't been a single patch that has addressed or fixed any of them except the 4p set bonus that was causing CWs to crit for 2 million damage a couple weeks back. Almost every 4p bonus in this game was bugged at "release" and still is now.
  • Options
    serpentussserpentuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    For pvp what do you suggest to have ? 2 pieces T2 Shadow Weaver + 2 pieces focal magi, or full pvp set ? Or maybe full T2 Shadow Weaver?
  • Options
    wichertrzcinicawichertrzcinica Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I`m also very curious which combination of armor sets are best for PvP and PvE
  • Options
    mizredavni0mizredavni0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    High Vizier's of the drake is not a set. It's the drake seal version of the set which does not give a set bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    dirtnap gaming
    Assistant Community Director
    Miz Redavni aka oTRULYoADEPTo
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cap - Spellplague Cavern

Gloves - Caverns of Karrundax

Slippers - The Frozen Heart

Tunic - Temple of the Spider

Hope this helps :)

That was very helpful, thank you - I now have a guide for where I am going to eventually die multiple times ....
    So...to be "that" guy. I've all but the cap of the "Focal" set, any idea where that drops?
    The caps are still 100k on auction house, and I'm just too new to 60 and poor to spend that much!
  • Options
    fogalmamsincsfogalmamsincs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see only a few of us read ingame, and a lot of us just click. Go to list of dungeons, instead of clicking join just click on the name of the dungeon and read everything on the screen, you will see the answer.
  • Options
    dameion5dameion5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still looking for a good combination of sets 'cause most of 4 Set Powers dosen't trigger or work well. I'm a Renegade and i would to build up a Magelord Set with Control Ringsx2/Belt. Still don't know if this is the best as long getting Power/Crit is just a waste imho, cause if i would initiate a damage build i would just start a TR. This way i can pump up my Recovery mainly, for control better and Power and Critical too just to clear trash. ( As enhancement i was thinking about Lesser Plague+Soulforged). And of course Ioun Stone. This way i would get an insane Recovery, with ancient orb/talisman too. So i don't know if it's worth getting all this recovery because it's """capped""" at 3k.
  • Options
    trigun0trigun0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    right now im using 2x magelord (cap and tunic) and 2x high vizier (gloves/boots) to get the +450 power and +450 recovery bonus.
  • Options
    gallantflamegallantflame Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    waltz7976 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure I grasp what's going on here.

Is there more then 1 set of tier 1 gear?

It would be nice if someone could clear this up, and if it drops from the dungeon that are listed at t1 in the game. Maybe list the gear in the tier that it belongs so people can get an idea of maybe, how to get it as far as progression goes.

I agree whole-heartedly....everything is a bit mysterious to me still...has anyone checked out if the youtube channel or facebook link from Neverwinter is a straightforward at least mostly reliable source of information. I don't like spending so much time trolling forums;)
    That said I am enjoying the mystery, a little. It is fun to find solutions to game dilemmas which I guess what Betas are all about;)
    Just pray that we get a free respec of Feats and Powers, since I made my choices based on information about CW builds that is now quite out of kilter with the latest update.
    Cheers all and happy gaming;)
  • Options
    rivetedriveted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree whole-heartedly....everything is a bit mysterious to me still...has anyone checked out if the youtube channel or facebook link from Neverwinter is a straightforward at least mostly reliable source of information. I don't like spending so much time trolling forums;)
    That said I am enjoying the mystery, a little. It is fun to find solutions to game dilemmas which I guess what Betas are all about;)
    Just pray that we get a free respec of Feats and Powers, since I made my choices based on information about CW builds that is now quite out of kilter with the latest update.
    Cheers all and happy gaming;)

The post you quoted is almost a month old. The wiki should be able to answer a lot of your questions now, and if it doesn't, message me so that I know what information to go looking for next.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Control_Wizard#Epic_Armor_Sets
  • Options
    goodfellasxgoodfellasx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is the High Vizier bugged right now? Coz they told me it gives 20% to mobs than the player.
  • Options
    rivetedriveted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is the High Vizier bugged right now? Coz they told me it gives 20% to mobs than the player.

Looking at the patch notes, it currently does the opposite of what it says (giving defense to the mobs instead of taking it). Supposed to be fixed in the Balance Patch:
    Control Wizard: High Vizier's Set no longer increases NPC defense and lowers the player's. The set bonus can now affect control-based Daily powers, too.
  • Options
    kyuaiikyuaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Champion Mage
    2 Piece Bonus: +450 Recovery
    4 Piece Bonus: Powers in your Spell Mastery slot have 30% shorter cooldowns and deal 5% more damage.

This is the set I use, Also have Shadow Weaver set but the crit is near worthless to us with Eye of the Storm.

I stacked Recovery > ARP > Power

Recovery to 3k anymore is worthless
    ARP stack to 1.2k anymore is good but with a groups mitigation its worthless anymore unless u pvp then its 2200
    Power is always good adds base damge to your weapon there is no cap.

In pvp I am a monster and pve I can take hits alot better from doing Sing Steel time and Conduct along with Ray. and 9/10 times I am on top of the charts for a run.

I would love to get others insight on this and maybe open my eyes up to other things.
    12.jpg
    18.jpg
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    kyuaii wrote: »
    ARP stack to 1.2k anymore is good but with a groups mitigation its worthless anymore unless u pvp then its 2200.
    W00t? ArP cap in PvE 2530. It applies before mitigation debuffs.
  • Options
    kyuaiikyuaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah but in a group it is pointless to even run that much ARP. ARP is good to stack if your doing PVP base
    12.jpg
    18.jpg
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Stop failing so much and just learn the math. Armor penetration reduces armor, player's debuffs reduces damage resistance. If you have ArP cap, your CoI will increase damage for you on this target by 15%, rogue's WR increase your damage by 50% and so on.