test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companions: Useful to... total HAMSTER.

2»

Comments

• Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    They reallllly need some basic commands for companions. Attack, Stay, Passive, Aggressive, Follow, Move here. Hopefully those come at or before the upgrade tomes.

Hopefully the upgrade tomes dont cost ungodly amounts of astral diamonds. I don't know how they expect people to make 980,000 astral diamonds grinding through dailies that only give like 15k a day. Everything I have seen has basically pointed to my wallet and it would be OK if these transactions were micro but holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 40 bucks for a virtual horse no thanks. Either drastically slash AD prices or make more ways to generate them!
  • Options
    dndjessdndjess Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I think that they make companions weak intentionally. They help you solo, but they're not meant to make it a cake-walk. And at higher levels, I believe they make them very weak to make it more important for people to find groups. Not saying I agree with them doing it this way, just saying that's probably their intent.
  • Options
    dadkkmallleksmmdadkkmallleksmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have yet to play a game that has good companion AI (exeption: Mass Effect, but you can give them commands if they're doing particularly dumb things), but the companions in NWO take the cake for being the dumbest I've ever seen.
  • Options
    lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Simple cleric companion makes potions unneeded in any Solo content for me, most foundries etc. I think thats powerful. Also in dungeons they take hits that you would have taken and insta revive after fight is over, powerful again. And Ive had epic bossfights in which I wondered why the whole party is dead but my cleric was still standing. Maybe it's because im dealing too much AE damage solo and partied, that my cleric doesnt die that fast, because mobs are onto me.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    1. since no tome, only rank 15 tops, you must buy Zen companion to go more than that (I believe this why the tome is still "coming soon").

2. 3 active slots at minimum, but 1 summon only, dont tell me I'm the only one to think this was useless at all.

edit:
    3. at some poin the companion is still buggy, there are time when you summon it and it just "stand by" all the time, even if it get pound by monsters
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else bothered by the wizard companion standing behind you laughing and pointing at you while you're fighting?
    Chuckle, <shoos you away>, points, belly laughs.
    Still haven't figured out what triggers him to attack...
  • Options
    baohsubaohsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    The Wererat Thief is extremely useful. Just slap some regen equip on him, he'll last long time and his 360 degree knockback is awesome. Should almost be a Controller pet.
    Foundry author of the "Red Rum Runners" Campaign. Part 1: "WANTED: Physical Labor Needed" and Part 2: "Worst Employer Ever!"