test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Better Nerf Irelia..

lokoman1989lokoman1989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Guardian fighters in pvp, at lvl 60. Are so OP. They Spam knock down and kill you. Theres no way to stop em once they knock you down and im a trickster rogue. I can out dps almost every class. But i don't want to sound like a negative nancy but please, for the my love of pvp, Nerf Guardian Fighters. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by lokoman1989 on

Comments

• nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wonder how many people are going to have no idea what this title means. Rofl.
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    a trickster rogue yelling for a nerf for the only class he cant steamroll.
    wow.. now i've seen it all.
  • lokoman1989lokoman1989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hahah @xanos900. Try level 60 pvp as a trickster rogue vs a guardian fighter and tell me how easy it is. Thanks ;)
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you already massacre all of the other classes. hell, for a CW you probably dont even have to go out of stealth.
    its called balance that some classes counter other classes in pvp, even if i have to admit named balance needs A LOT of love in this game. :/

what doesn't mean you have to make one class so op - or just simply nerf all the other ones until your own can slice threw them without effort.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So,
    "Dear Cryptic,

Please nerf Rock. Paper is fine.

Sincerely,
    Scissors"

Guardian Fighters have their own shortcomings, and can be difficult to get working right (i.e. to extend the metaphor of GFs being Rock, PvE seems to be full of Paper). Spamming knock/stun is a problem across the board right now, though (NPCs love it, and players feel the need to respond in kind), so some adjustment all around is probably needed.
  • lokoman1989lokoman1989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i get its an open beta, and voicing my opinion and in pvp Guardian fighters can spam moves to just 1 v 1 anyone. CW's i have no problem with same with clerics and the other classes.
  • tenshi1985tenshi1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i get its an open beta, and voicing my opinion and in pvp Guardian fighters can spam moves to just 1 v 1 anyone. CW's i have no problem with same with clerics and the other classes.

And here i was thinking Rogues are the only ones who can easily take down Guardian since you can just swap behind em, you dont fight a Tank with a Butterknife, and its supposed to be REALLY hard to take down a good Guardian, but since Domination isnt about killing, its nice, or else Guardian would be pretty useless in PVP.

I am not high level so i will just say so far Guardians are annoyances, but i havent seen one that i felt was op. I play CW and Guardian, and both are as hard to play as they are to Master, CW you dont dare to get hit, Guardian you want to get hit.

I almost always run to point number 3 and stay there just to watch 1-2 players frustrate about how long they need to take me out, 90% of the time i get hp potion before i die and thats when it gets really frustrating :D.

A tank can fight handle a Dragons DMG, but without a Rogue he will have no DMG and the other way around.

HF.

PS.: There is Gear too!
  • cavalierkillercavalierkiller Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardian fighters in pvp, at lvl 60. Are so OP. They Spam knock down and kill you. Theres no way to stop em once they knock you down and im a trickster rogue. I can out dps almost every class. But i don't want to sound like a negative nancy but please, for the my love of pvp, Nerf Guardian Fighters. Thanks in advance.

Your argument is you can kill everyone but GF, so nerf GF. That is amusing. If a GF is killing you with three encounters, only two of which knock down/stun, then they WAY out gear you. Anyway, you can always press your invulnerability button and just walk away.
  • rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the original poster is talking about is a bug(?) where the guardian fighter knocks you down and you can't get back up, until you eventually die. It's like being crowd controlled forever as he eventually whittles down your hp, and it sucks. Losing control of your character, whether it's a stun, a knockdown, or daze or whatever is the least amount of fun you can have in any game, and getting CC'd until you eventually die is just infuriating. I'm hoping they will add diminishing returns to all that stuff soon.

And to the poster above me, it's a magic dagger, it cuts through armor. Have you never read any Forgotten Realms books? :D
  • mistatosmistatos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xanos900 wrote: »
    you already massacre all of the other classes. hell, for a CW you probably dont even have to go out of stealth.
    its called balance that some classes counter other classes in pvp, even if i have to admit named balance needs A LOT of love in this game. :/

what doesn't mean you have to make one class so op - or just simply nerf all the other ones until your own can slice threw them without effort.

What does GWF counter.
  • destroxoxodestroxoxo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistatos wrote: »
    What does GWF counter.

Oh lordy, I am a super well geared GWF and this is so true.
  • mistatosmistatos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm more than okay geared, I really don't know what a GWF counters.

I figured it out, we counter peoples killing blow. I usually have to time my 3 encounters and Daily to do so.
  • cavalierkillercavalierkiller Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What does GWF counter.

Potions 10/char
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What does GWF counter.

GWF stomps CW and if you don't you're awful. My GWF alt is only in PvP gear and I'm always top kill / top score.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • krizzangel5krizzangel5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rekia3 wrote: »
    What the original poster is talking about is a bug(?) where the guardian fighter knocks you down and you can't get back up, until you eventually die. It's like being crowd controlled forever as he eventually whittles down your hp, and it sucks. Losing control of your character, whether it's a stun, a knockdown, or daze or whatever is the least amount of fun you can have in any game, and getting CC'd until you eventually die is just infuriating. I'm hoping they will add diminishing returns to all that stuff soon.

And to the poster above me, it's a magic dagger, it cuts through armor. Have you never read any Forgotten Realms books? :D

without that down GF would be useless in pvp. besides GF have this feats where it'll add 1second to down status so yeah you really can't complain on something that isn't broken. It's part of GF skill which is a plus for their lack of damage.
  • grudge13grudge13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well theoretically GWF can counter knockdown and stun from GF
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you stand in front of him waiting for getting knocked down, you kind of deserve be killed.

At level 60 everything but cleric can easily kill any other class if they get to do what they do best. Both fighters stun/kd and kill, rogues just 2-shot you in 2 seconds, CW pushes, locks and then kills you.

This is clearly a case of L2P. If you can't kill a GF with TR, it is not because of class imbalance, but skill difference between you and him. GF's didn't play the levels through with easymode, so some of them could actually be good players... And this is from aGWF&TR player.
  • xippinxippin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rekia3 wrote: »

And how about a TR's silence that silences you (apparently you need to be able to talk to hold a shield up or swing a sword since silence stops block/at wills as well) and snares you for like 5 seconds. Or smoke cloud which completely silences an AoE radius they can hide in preventing all melee from doing anything to them?

I have 2 encounter abilities that crowd control, one is a 10 ft cylinder with small push +prone (rectangle in front of me) and the other is a single target charge with a knockback +prone. Both have a 10+ second cooldown at 3k recovery. Both can be dodged.

I have my 2 dailies one being single target which throws you up and then throws you down into the prone but you have to be right in front of me to use it. It can also be dodged if you time it right. The second is a 10 ft cylinder that starts close to GF and moves forward slowly knocking you up.

Every one of the animations on these except bull rush (charge with knockback +prone) has roughly the same animation time as your single target silence.

Furthermore, I know plenty of TR's that can simply burst me down in the span of one silence. It's a give or take, if I hit them first I can stun lock them to death, if they get me first odds are I will not survive.
  • teykosteykos Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    xippin wrote: »
    And how about a TR's silence that silences you (apparently you need to be able to talk to hold a shield up or swing a sword since silence stops block/at wills as well) and snares you for like 5 seconds. Or smoke cloud which completely silences an AoE radius they can hide in preventing all melee from doing anything to them?

I have 2 encounter abilities that crowd control, one is a 10 ft cylinder with small push +prone (rectangle in front of me) and the other is a single target charge with a knockback +prone. Both have a 10+ second cooldown at 3k recovery. Both can be dodged.

I have my 2 dailies one being single target which throws you up and then throws you down into the prone but you have to be right in front of me to use it. It can also be dodged if you time it right. The second is a 10 ft cylinder that starts close to GF and moves forward slowly knocking you up.

Every one of the animations on these except bull rush (charge with knockback +prone) has roughly the same animation time as your single target silence.

Furthermore, I know plenty of TR's that can simply burst me down in the span of one silence. It's a give or take, if I hit them first I can stun lock them to death, if they get me first odds are I will not survive.

There's no such thing as "silence" in this game.

There IS, however, a status effect called "daze" which stops you from doing anything other than move. And generally, if you're dazed, you WANT to move.
  • budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a Devout Cleric, all I have to say is...

hure2o.jpg
    "Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
    Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."
  • scarvengerrscarvengerr Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol nerf GF are u serious?u can become invunerable,u can hide in stealth ,u can throw this op knifes ,u can execute a single target with full hp with a single shot ,I have a stupid op large area disable skill,and more.....now the rogueandwinzardwinter....is roguewinter?hahaha funny@funny
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xippin wrote: »

TR's have a couple of dazes, that last a few seconds, if at that. The windup time for it is pretty long, and it's kinda hard to miss that TR with his whirling daggers jumping way up. If you stand still you get it, if you move you don't, it's that simple.

The dazing cloud is pretty powerful to get your opponents scrambling, but it only lasts a couple of seconds.

TR's should do a lot of damage when they get the drop on you, but I'll let you in on a little secret, the best thing you can do for a rogue is run away crying like a little girl. So don't.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lol nerf GF are u serious?u can become invunerable,u can hide in stealth ,u can throw this op knifes ,u can execute a single target with full hp with a single shot ,I have a stupid op large area disable skill,and more.....now the rogueandwinzardwinter....is roguewinter?hahaha funny@funny

GF is the most OP class in the game, at least pvp wise. I hope there are no nerfs though because that will be the next class I roll (unless an archer comes out).
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GFs are incredibly tough for CWs as well. They can stun you from one teleport range and just keep blocking otherwise. I've been hit with 3 stuns in a row as well. I don't have enough stamina to keep dodging and trying to wear that block off.
  • sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hows about not do any nerfs or buffs because of pvp instead, sound fair? i think it does.
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Simple tip.

Use Impossible to catch. Smoke bomb. Flurry him.

Job done.

Honestly just pop ITC and then when you see him try and flurry him until he realises. Then smoke bomb him to prolong your attack.

Finish off with a sprinkle of Lashing blade for additional flavour.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hahah @xanos900. Try level 60 pvp as a trickster rogue vs a guardian fighter and tell me how easy it is. Thanks ;)

Yep. Class needs changing because you found someone you can't beat playing it.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • oheseyeoheseye Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You play the class that takes the least skill and you're complaining about the only class that you can't headbutt your keyboard and win versus.
  • phigmnentphigmnent Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013

It was said best earlier....Unlike TR's, most GF's did not play easymode throughout the game.
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If people just had better gear they would stop complaining so much about certain classes owning them. But they don't want to work to enhance their character and in turn, enhance their pvp scope. They just have a few good games with semi-decent gear, think that they have reached the pvp skill cap for their class, and from then on they want all games to work exactly the same.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *