Install Arc
Options

GuardianFighter, Block button problems

13»

Comments

• Options
    budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not having any issues on my side, but I'll look out for any problems.
    Also, I read about the issue. Exploiters, they're the reason we just can't haven nice things...
    "Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
    Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Bump! Fix this! Hire some people that actually know how to program.
  • Options
    chillaholic040chillaholic040 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is really annoying, bump for justice!
  • Options
    ifros7ifros7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's becoming a very tiresome problem in pve but most in PvP.

If I activate/deactivate block rapidly my GF just stands there doing some animation without blocking - if I move backwards my GF starts to moonwalk without blocking.. wth
  • Options
    domisamaadomisamaa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too noticed the problem yesterday, however if you are aware you can easily avoid it.
    Not sure if this is a good design decision (assuming that it is a design decision and not a bug) but we'll see.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It worked fine before they switched it to server side instead of client side. I could block to my hearst content assuming I had guard, and I could rely on it. Now I cant. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    ligoejligoej Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Switch it back to client side, but implement server side record keeping to double check the client.
    Or start the "internal cooldown" on shield activation instead of on shield release.
    Or remove internal cooldown from blocking.
    Or check to see if the client is sending packets to the server in 'bursts' instead of in realtime (sorry I don't know the techinical terms for this sort of data management where the machine holds onto data and sends it in a mass message instead of many smaller ones)
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Was thinking it was a bit better today, but that may just be me. It is still bugged, that is for sure. Died on a boss today because of it.
  • Options
    lilo34lilo34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    I just started having this problem today.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, issues here to. Would love a fix.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How long can it take to fix this? Are they listening to their community at all?
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    meitran wrote: »
    How long can it take to fix this? Are they listening to their community at all?

Last post from them said they didn't change anything but they'll look into it. Chuckle worthy for sure.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Last post from them said they didn't change anything but they'll look into it. Chuckle worthy for sure.

Have to find some other MMO then i guess, cba playing something thats not working. Atleast not when the issue are being ignored.