test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

And for something new...

ladybedlamladybedlam Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have to say I'm having a blast with the game. I see a lot of people whining about how they can't do this or do that...its a game its there to have fun. I'm enjoying it so much. I have been playing RPG games for the last 5-7 years. And for the last few years I have been DMing for a NWN2 PW. I've played few MMO games but with this one I'm having a ton of fun with the hubby. It seems to me there are a lot of others that are enjoying it as well and not. Whining about it. I hope I'm not alone in this. Lol. Just wanted to say thanks for making a MMO that is enjoyable and fun.
There is a fine line between genius and insanity....I have replaced that line with a trout!
Post edited by ladybedlam on

Comments

• Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're not alone, and when I see a thread like this I reply to wave and say hi. :)

Usually if I have spare time for entertainment, I'm in the game and not in the forums. A lot of the fans are probably doing the same.

Yes there is a LOT of negativity and whining, but I also see it like this. Whenever an MMO's General Discussion forum turns into this wretched a hive of scum and villainy, I know the studio has a hit on its hands. There are probably more people crying doom about this game than even played the last MMO I checked out. That's a good sign because when the halls finally do fall silent, it means the doomsayers have followed the crowd elsewhere. And these halls are far from silent.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh of course..which means when they leave we have a great community and little family of players. That's how it was on the last PW server I DMed on. One big family but we had our tiffs. Gotta love trolls though...they make me chuckle. When I was on admin for the PW I would laugh as they trolled and then they would whine when they got trolled back.
    There is a fine line between genius and insanity....I have replaced that line with a trout!
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Rocky ! Watch me pull a kobald out of my hat .
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You are not alone with that. :) There are many, many people who enjoy the game and who don't eat up the content in three days and then get bored without even trying the awesomeness that Foundry quests are! Neverwinter is one of the two games in recent years that really grabbed me and pulled me in, and for a jaded gamer like me this is quite the feat. I'm excited for all the new stuff that will be added down the road.

Forums, for all games, give a pretty skewed impression, especially in a F2P where there is so little accountability. The whining from the same people is pretty insignificant in the larger picture, it's just loud. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play with a friend out of state and a buddy in the military and we have a lot of fun. I'm on the game everyday for a random period of time and I always enjoy myself.. I look forward to the new companions, mounts, classes, levels they add in the future. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its really nice to see others enjoying the game and having fun. The hubby and I usually play in the evenings unless I have to work late. My log in is the same as my forum name...hope to see y'all in game...depending on what shard your on lol
  • Options
    raquel23raquel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having fun too,I'm not worried about exploiters,economy,pvp bots,last rollback..etc, you just need some friends and enjoy the game,I have been playing MMORPGS for years,UO,Everquest,DAOC..and there's too much whinning about this game,people need to relax a bit.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've DM'ded on a Neverwinter Nights server......must be the same crybabies that jump from server to server that landed here. :rolleyes:

Just ignore them maybe they'll leave.....I'm enjoying myself with this game!!!! :cool:
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've observed that the hardcore players mostly whine while the casual players mostly enjoy this game. I've never gotten into an MMO before but the cool thing about this game is you can actually play it solo if you want to and you're not missing anything. The solo experience is just as robust as the MMO stuff. That's probably why some of the hardcore players are frustrated; they're used to pure MMOs but this is a different kind of game. I like it.

I also like crafting many many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its nice to see a lot of other DMs lol.
  • Options
    healzbothealzbot Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ladybedlam wrote: »
    II have been playing RPG games for the last 5-7 years. And for the last few years I have been DMing for a NWN2 PW. I've played few MMO games but with this one I'm having a ton of fun with the hubby.

When I first tried Neverwinter, I gave up on it rather quickly. The game simply does not currently have the requirements for a successful MMO.

However, a friend of mine talked me into coming back and giving it a second look. And I found that if I treated it like a single-player RPG, rather than an actual MMO, it was quite a lot more enjoyable! It may not have any of the elements that make for a long running and thriving MMO, such as balanced PvP or meaningful end game content. But Neverwinter really is a fun and enjoyable game! You just have to focus on the areas where things shine.
  • Options
    kulsveinkulsvein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How DARE you create a thread foir people happy with the game!!!!!!!! This forum is for members of the 'I hate [insert something]'. Therefore negativw comments only please................._)
    The stupid questions are the ones you do not ask;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep for sure. I have played Guild Wars and HellGate...and then moved onto the NWN2 pws. And I had to get used to the "single" player sort of thing. I do enjoy it and look forward to getting into a larger party.
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of people, including me, are having an absolute blast with this game. Yes there are problems but every game has them, no matter what any troll might tell you. Also as already stated the majority of players do not even visit the forums, they just play the game.

1 thing I will say though is don't be too harsh on the 'naysayers and whiners'. Often they do bring up relevant complaints that need addressing, and which might not hit the devs radar otherwise.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh I totally agree...but for the most part they are just trolls trying to get a rise outta folks. And the sad thing is most people play into their hands.
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I enjoy the game myself until a CW or DC come by and one shot a group of mobs that I have to work at to kill while eating pots and realize how broken AC and damage migration is and how under powered my class is and why it is useless to bother to play that class.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    I've observed that the hardcore players mostly whine while the casual players mostly enjoy this game.

I'm a hardcore gamer and I enjoy the game! :) But I'm also an adult with responsibilities, and I have been around long enough to understand how MMOs work and that content is never available in abundance right at the start. It is added over time. I plan on playing this game for a long time (and why wouldn't I, there's no subscription fee!), and so I enjoy the ride without trying to do everything right in the first month.

Plus, games are not like religions, one can have more than one. I play the games I feel like playing at a time. That may well mean I don't log on every day, play something else for a bit, check out other MMOs, etc. In fact, I'm glad that a MMO like Neverwinter actually allows me to do that and doesn't punish me if I don't play 12 hours every day or spend whole evenings wiping in end game dungeons just to keep up. Six or seven years ago in WoW I felt like "having" to play, and it was like a second job that left me with no time for any other games.

So, I would say that Neverwinter is for people who want to play a game. It may appeal less to folks who want to work a game, and misuse games to prove something (whatever that may be) instead of playing them for enjoyment and recreation.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also having a blast playing this. Yes, there are a lot of issues, but let's see what the first real content patch brings to the table before we gather up the pitchforks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I am an altoholic and am having a blast. Even with the GWF. It has an extremely fun play style.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have a cleric and a rogue. I'm having more fun on the rogue than any of them lol
  • Options
    stylernakustylernaku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm enjoying it with the full realisation of the fun may not last, and if the game fails my PC will not explode burnign my pretty face off my skull and killing my cat in the shock wave of devistation.

I log in and play, sometimes with the Mrs. It's good. I would like to see new stuff, and would like some bugs to be fixed. I'm keen to see if it happens.

Good stuff!

Cleric and a GF so far. Considering a Rogue ;)
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what`s your point, just as well put it in off topic without any clear topic related stuf in the first post.
    you just wanted to say you like it ? ;p that would be a general topic, but the whine part without about what they whine or something is just off topic ;p
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Having fun here myself even if I do play GWF I don't see the fuss there are always things that need to be tweaked some games appeal to one type of person and then not another. My husband doesn't have as much fun on this so he plays something else. nothing wrong with that. but he also doesn't bash the game either.

I like NW and enjoying building the guild I recently helped someone start and the foundry will keep me around for a long while I think. There are of course other games I am looking into that aren't released yet that I might try and even leave for but really only if my husband is into the game as well because I do miss playing with him. but even that might be a long shot because I am loving this game even PVP which I normally hate.

Thanks for a great game keep doing what you are doing to improve it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People only complain because the game is too good
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What??? a positive thread?

Diddo on what's being said here. Enjoying the game and story, I wish there was a bit more history as to what preceded this storyline. I have not read the novels. I don't normally enjoy reading novels written in a game genre but it looks like I'll have to break down and read them.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hank41 wrote: »
    Fanboi's pop up on every MMO out there just be glad your the minority on every single one of them. If the game was full of just you all it would sink faster than the titanic.

You're claiming that whiners are what keep the games alive and people who actually enjoy the game and play it cause it to fail? This defies common sense and logic. However, for the sake of this good game, I certainly hope the whiners are stupid enough to continue to give Cryptic their money and whine while the rest of us play for free...

and continue to craft many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    pestilence149pestilence149 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was having a blast, I was playing nearly 10-12 hours a day with my real life cousin and his cousin via Teamspeak3 with our guild or just on skype with the three of us gaming till wee hours of the night. Unfortunately I got a unjustified banishment and am unable to even get in contact with Customer Support, it seems they are so over loaded they cannot even get to tickets that have been posted for more then 4 days ( 92 Hours ) and other report of having their tickets just closed after two weeks to re-open another and have it closed on them again. I enjoyed the game like HELL, I probably will still play if I get unbanned, but as of right now I just feel like the customer service of this game is horribly lacking, I spent 100$ maybe upwards and have absolutely no email or notification of my ban and still have heard nothing from any PWE/Cryptic Employee not even on forums that I have been actively expressing my displeasure for about 3 full days. Sorry for the negativity, I love the game I had such a blast as a control wizard and even bought character slots because I had a 33 Cleric and 16 Rogue, I was in love ! But now I am just totally regretting wasting all that time when It could of been put to much better use if I end up losing everything. Sorry for the rant, all in all up until level 60 and dungeons with my guild I was having a ton of fun, but since Monday I have just been really upset to see how a paying customer is treated within their company.
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    Gladiators of Dhara (Easy) & (Hard)
    ELIGIBLE FOR THE DAILY FOUNDRY REWARDS!
    Search by Best : Name/Summary/Short-Code ; Gladiators
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome please enjoy!
  • Options
    heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    I've observed that the hardcore players mostly whine while the casual players mostly enjoy this game. I've never gotten into an MMO before but the cool thing about this game is you can actually play it solo if you want to and you're not missing anything. The solo experience is just as robust as the MMO stuff. That's probably why some of the hardcore players are frustrated; they're used to pure MMOs but this is a different kind of game. I like it.

I also like crafting many many pairs of pants.

Casual players will be whining too when they realize they can't kill the end bosses in anything except tier 1 epic content. Casuals will be whining when they see the epic boss encounters are all the same -- spawn hundreds of adds to swarm you while you slowly wear down a boss who practically just stands there attacking the air in front of him.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    People are people...anyone will whine about anything. I like to stay positive when I can and just enjoy life. If that means playing a game now and then...so be it but I'm not gonna whine about some boss that kills me..its part of the game.

And I'm a casual player. I don't play 10 or more hours..I have a family and a full time job and my hobby which takes up a lot of my time.