test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adventurer's Friends Packs Available!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in News & Announcements
Adventurer's Friend Packs are available in the Neverwinter Zen Market for a limited time, and come with a free companion! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=899761
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This doesn't seem worth it at all. Oo
  • Options
    scooby609scooby609 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the only way to upgrade our companion now is to buy this pack? :mad:
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • Options
    dicemakerdicemaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I assume companion upgrade books are not going to be obtainable outside the zen market...
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long is a limited time and will the companion be transferable between characters? ;)
  • Options
    herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Until June 11, I think it said.

How much do they cost?
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1500 Zen...

Wait, what ?!?
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I asked in a thread i created, but no one answered, are those companions actually green level (up to rank 20 instead of 15) or is it just a display thing? With the "extra companion" offer, are both green or just one? Anyone know?
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ...bahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... jumping jesus crispy... you really do think you're player base is this vapid.

Cheers guys... if it were April I'd have thought this was a joke.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    g2JZkcp.png

There, made you a better advertisement graphic.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    deremuderemu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm happy to give developers money to help out and whatnot...but if you're just going to keep begging for money like this then **** that. I'm trying very hard to love this game because I'm a fan but you guys are trying too hard to make money other than making the game better and fixing the problems with it.
  • Options
    uristqwertyuristqwerty Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Looks more like they are trying to keep the entire development team working on the game, rather than having the content creating people just sit around idle, while they wait for the programmers to fix all of the bugs.

Or maybe they had already planned out a lot of zen shop additions, without quite anticipating the number and severity of the bugs and exploits that have occurred, and how some people would see it as a waste of time to make small zen shop additions.

Or the zen shop updates are targetted at the more casual players who are not affected by many of the bugs and exploits (because they rarely, if ever, PvP or use the auction house, and still haven't made it to 60, so any oddities in the supply and cost of level 60 gear is irrelevant), don't bother with the forum, and rarely play more than a few hours a day, on the days that they play at all.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are transferable. You can see some on the AH already.

There's no question that doing this without having the upgrade books looks like we're being railroaded. But looking at things logically, it's not a bad deal. The package contains a Greater Healthstone (1500 Zen), a green companion (1500 Zen), plus various odds and ends of various value (for example, 10 Greater Scrolls of Identification, theoretically worth 1250 Zen).

Personally, I don't see myself taking advantage of it.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    nam19772nam19772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    They are transferable. You can see some on the AH already.

There's no question that doing this without having the upgrade books looks like we're being railroaded. But looking at things logically, it's not a bad deal. The package contains a Greater Healthstone (1500 Zen), a green companion (1500 Zen), plus various odds and ends of various value (for example, 10 Greater Scrolls of Identification, theoretically worth 1250 Zen).

Personally, I don't see myself taking advantage of it.

Just because scrolls and healthstones are overpriced doesn't make this pack a good deal, though.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So for $15 I can get a random green version of one of the basic companions you give every player for free or that I can get for 2 gold in game, plus some other baubles?

Seriously? You want me to spend $15 on a random chance that I'll get the companion type that I want, just so I can now grind it up an extra few levels?

Thanks, but no thanks. I guess I'll just go back to buying Zen to spend in STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Thanks, but no thanks. I guess I'll just go back to buying Zen to spend in STO.

How the hell is that supposed to hurt them, or show them that this was a bad idea? You're still buying Zen... just in another game. It seems like they win no matter what you do.

Also, this is... so frelling stupid. I'm seeing now that they released a half finished game on purpose, so they could charge massive rates for things that would come later, and are probably already created (like the upgrade books). Furthermore, I'm fairly certain we'll see upgrade books around the same price as the training books for horses, so... it'll be close to a mill Astral Diamonds just to get a decent companion. This massive swell of greed just keeps driving me back into the arms of Gazillion... who have made most everything in the cash shop (heroes, costumes) for Marvel Heroes as random drops while doing regular content.

I'm really starting to see DCUO in this game. Can't wait for the patch where we have to pay real money to reset our daily allotted glory gain for PvP so we can actually by gear. Or reset instances so we can actually get loot and progress...
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the companion random or do you get to choose?
    The in-store description says "Also contains a pack with one of the following companions."
    thecain wrote: »
    How the hell is that supposed to hurt them, or show them that this was a bad idea? You're still buying Zen... just in another game. It seems like they win no matter what you do.
    It shows PW and Cryptic that players are spending money on their other games, but not Neverwinter.

Cryptic games get money from Perfect World dependant on which game Zen is transferred to. When you buy Zen Perfect World gets the money and then they allocate part of that money to a specific game when you transfer it from your wallet.

If I buy $100 worth of Zen and transfer all of it to Champions Online or Star Trek Online then Neverwinter doesn't see a penny of it.
  • Options
    derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The in-store description says "Also contains a pack with one of the following companions."

It shows PW and Cryptic that players are spending money on their other games, but not Neverwinter.

Cryptic games get money from Perfect World dependant on which game Zen is transferred to. When you buy Zen Perfect World gets the money and then they allocate part of that money to a specific game when you transfer it from your wallet.

If I buy $100 worth of Zen and transfer all of it to Champions Online or Star Trek Online then Neverwinter doesn't see a penny of it.
    If only that were true... :(

As a former Champions Online player, I have seen the amount of new content there shrink to a near standstill as their dev team got repurposed around to help finish other games.
    It happened with Star Trek Online's launch, and now once more with Neverwinter.

While it would be nice if one's love and investment in a game directly reflected in how much attention and funding it has, in reality things may be a bit less straightforward.
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • Options
    tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    Thanks devs, keep up the good work! :)
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dicemaker wrote: »
    I assume companion upgrade books are not going to be obtainable outside the zen market...
    Upgrade books are listed in the emporium store, just not active...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I would be willing to buy one of these, but only if the green healer companion is guaranteed to be in it.
  • Options
    xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will that extra 5 levels help at all at level 60?

I was really excited when I first got these companions.
    Then notice they are useless after level 30.

I have to pay $20 to be useful for level 40.
    What about level 50 or 60?
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    g2JZkcp.png

There, made you a better advertisement graphic.

Bump this one! lol
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013

Just google it, STO is also developed by Cryptic which oh btw Cryptic is a wholly owned Perfect World subsidiary. just a small interesting fact to throw in there.
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree with everyone's sentiment here. Instead of this new companion, which I may add you'll have to level up, the companion upgrade to tier 2 would have been better. Even better, provide both tier two and three upgrades in one pack and that would have made a better impression on the populace. Now if everyone wants any of these companions before level 16, then this pack would have looked good; that's for those who hate waiting.

Unfortunately, people will buy the packs, even after criticizing them.
  • Options
    ussekkinussekkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Adventurer's Friend Packs are available in the Neverwinter Zen Market for a limited time, and come with a free companion! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=899761

Uhh yeah...... How about you guys fix the overwhelmingly glaring issues in this game first , THEN try to sell us overpriced <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. You know , like go 3 days without a crash, reset, rollback , or exploit. Alternatively make the only healer in the game not be the defacto best tank, that would fix atleast 2 problems your game has. We can discuss your laughable pricing if this game still has a player base after "Open Beta".
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sweet update! So glad the devs are using their time wisely and effectively, making this game better.

:rolleyes:
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    reburrebur Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you want real world money instead of making the tomes available to upgrade companions for in game gold. Can't blame them. But still not buying.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    OS SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive & Crucial 256GB SSD x 2
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-biit)
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    now my question would be if you buy Hero of the North does it comes included?
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...