test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Delves is a bad idea

selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
How many dont run dungeons if DD arent up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    memorythoughtmemorythought Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's a great idea, they just don't come around often enough.
  • Options
    phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thing is, that end chest should be unlock on every god dam run... DD should award Xtra AD or something, like the Skirmishes.

DD doesnt happens often enough anyway.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thing is, that end chest should be unlock on every god dam run... DD should award Xtra AD or something, like the Skirmishes.

DD doesnt happens often enough anyway.

I honestly see where he is coming from in regards to PUGs and timing.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will say though that DD gives a lot of people incentive to run dungeons.

Win/Win for everyone.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even a small reward outside of dd will lower the numbers of players looking for teams during dd.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »

I still do for Daily basis, beside I'm not the type who can "always on"
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i like cuz when the event is on i can get a party faster
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    You get 5 items from chest (one for each player) + 1-2 items from boss during DD, 6-7 in total, chest item is also guarateed something you can wear. While you only get the 1-2 from the boss when its not up, and most of the time its not for your class
  • Options
    moonhammermoonhammer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I love DD I love how it makes me stay up waiting for it, I love how it when it is coming up I have to form a team and then try and get that end chest as many times as possible during 1 hour. I also love the rush of it all.

The above might sound sarcastic but I actually mean it no game has made me want to play it as much as this one in a long time and DD is part of the reason. Knowing I can get gear every 4-6hrs that my class can use is cool, knowing I can defaintly get something to put on AH when I am broken is also cool.
    I like the idea and as someone said above only thing missing is if it could happen more often but if that happened the market would be full of items and the whole idea behind DD's would break. So I say leave it as it is DD's was a great idea.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    They should just make a daily quest for each dungeon rewarding the same chest on completion. You can do it once a day for each dungeon. Or make it a repeatable quest something like 'Finish 4 Epic T2 dungeons' - you get a chest with a T2 item in it. Same for T1.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see what's wrong with running dungeons when the delve event isn't active. I do it regularly. I mean, it's not like there's a time restriction on dungeons - you can run them as often as you want.

This system is much better than simply restricting your ability to run such content to "once every X hours", as many other MMOs do.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I don't like how it works.

TBH the DD chest should be every run.

Mainly I just like the fact that you're guaranteed something and don't have to worry about roll bullsh**.

Really wish they would just make all loot individual and give delves a different bonus.

All dungeon delves mean is dungeons aren't worth doing when it's not up lol...
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol...

never thought I would see people complaining about extra rewards...
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Leveling alts meanwhile waiting for DD to pop up.

I agree, the chest should be awarded everytime instead of boss dropping the loot. In fact, they should be a chest on every boss fight so then everyone can have their class loot from them. Dungeon Delves could add extra loot or AD.
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Wow really out of everything, you guys cry about DD? Gear is easily obtainable in this game it's basically spoon fed to you, unless you work like 14 hours a day I don't see how you can't do atleast 1 DD event. Given that decent groups can clear 3 dungeons during DD including preclears. If chests appeared every run the market would be flooded with epics, the value of all gear would drop and nobody would buy **** from you except for enchants, you want the game to be a enchantment farming fest?

Edit: carebears <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i only want 10 or even 20 seals from DD chest, now you dont get enough seals for low lvl items

actually i like DD rush runs

PS about roll problems, was in PUG yesterday, rogue "need" sword for GF and win my GF sword, he said it was accident and give it to me(ofc for free)
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »

This thread is a bad idea.
  • Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The point is that Dungeons are boring and people are not playing them unless its Dungeon Delves.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I biggest problem with the DD is that often times you have out leveled the dungeon by the time it rolls around. This leaves you under lvled for the next dungeon when the DD does que up.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind it because I do dungeons when I feel like it. If the DD so happens to be coming up or is on at the moment when I wanted to do a dungeon, then it's a win win situation for me!

Besides, the DD times are not always that great. Just yesterday I started playing at 5:30PM eastern time, right after I got home from work and finished eating dinner, and there was no DD until 10PM! So I just did a dungeon, played a bit and logged off. I didn't wait for the DD. I wasn't in the mood to do a dungeon that late in the night.

All I lost was the chance at 1 epic. Boohoo. It's just 1 epic, who cares? I don't wanna re-arrange my gaming schedule just for 1 epic, and so far every chest I've opened contained things I didn't need that I just sold at the AH everytime for 2k to 5k AD.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The problem with running dungeons outside of DD time is that anyone who fought a lot of Bartholomew Blackdagger's knows that the drop rate for actual good/T2 items is completely awful. It's just not worth the time invested to go when it's not DD.

It's not like these dungeons are fun after the first 50 times.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Wow really out of everything, you guys cry about DD? Gear is easily obtainable in this game it's basically spoon fed to you, unless you work like 14 hours a day I don't see how you can't do atleast 1 DD event. Given that decent groups can clear 3 dungeons during DD including preclears. If chests appeared every run the market would be flooded with epics, the value of all gear would drop and nobody would buy **** from you except for enchants, you want the game to be a enchantment farming fest?

Edit: carebears <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off

It's not about gear, it's about ninja rolls. Noone wants to run CN for 2 hours and when their MHand drops a ninja rolls it. Fix loot roll -> DD becomes less significant.

Also, you don't know what a carebear is, leave.
  • Options
    drussivdrussiv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DD is pretty much the only time I run dungeons. What's the point of running if chances are low you get an item at all if you run outside DD event? I have a pretty flexible day, so I check when DD is on and just run then. Tbh 1 DD event a day is the most time I can spend anyway playing. Maybe 2 if I am lazy. Why would I run outside of those?

DD just punishes players who cannot be online at the times they are up. E.g. the 2 days a week that I work, mean at least 1 day I won't run a dungeon because the late DD even is too late for me. I am sure people who work 5 days will face that issue even more.
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IMHO the whole Event system needs a major overhaul. The rewards are pretty useless apart from the Dungeon Delve chest. I'd like to see more variation (similar to how the event system in STO works) and also some reward adjustments.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I run dungeons whenever I'm about to outlevel them. I haven't run a dungeon during an actual delve event in weeks. Keep in mind, I would...but this game's leveling system is so borked that if I don't do them immediately, I just level out of the ability to queue for them.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DD is consider a "fun" or "good" content.
    That is why the reward and XP are not very good.

Foundary don't take any development time.
    They give XP.
  • Options
    djoumsdjoums Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem is, boss loots are almost always <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and usually not for your class (~1/5 chance), so the chest is the only chance to get a decent piece of stuff. Because of that there's basically no point running dungeons outside of the events. And the already mentionned ninja issue adds up to the situation. So yeah, +1 for an overhaul of the system.

Edit : that's from a T1/2/3 farm perspective, not from a leveling char (which is fine I guess).
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They should have never released Dungeon Delves. It's addicting, keeps players coming back to the game, and allows casual players to be geared up in no time. So it's a good idea on Cryptic's part, but it's bad for the game in the long run. DD has made getting the best gear in Neverwinter too easy. Also, a large portion of the population have figured out many ways to exploit and farm the chest.

If Dungeon Delves was never in the game, good gear would be much tougher to obtain. Players would have to grind dungeons a lot more to get the gear they want. The AH wouldn't be flooded with so much gear. Thus, everyone would have to play the game more to get geared up, extending the life of the game. As of now, the hardcore players are already bored because of the lack of content and the fact that getting all the gear they want is too easy.

It's not even worth doing dungeon runs if there's no DD going. Most people log off as soon as DD ends. If they made it so that trash mobs have a very small chance to drop epics, each boss other than the last boss also has a small chance to drop the appropriate dungeon's loot table, and make the last boss have a guaranteed drop, then Dungeon Delves doesn't need to exist. That's not the case right now and people rush through dungeons using shortcuts because only opening the chest at the end matters.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I may be wrong, but last I checked the Delve chests only drop a certain set of items, different from boss drops? In other words, there's still gear only obtainable from bosses. Can someone confirm/refute this?
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but last I checked the Delve chests only drop a certain set of items, different from boss drops? In other words, there's still gear only obtainable from bosses. Can someone confirm/refute this?

The last boss drops the gear appropriate for that dungeon. They also drop unique gear not found in chests or on other bosses. However, those unique gear are always inferior to the Tier 2 gear they drop... other than Dracolich, of course.

The problem is, the last boss of all dungeons only has a CHANCE to drop ONE piece of tiered gear. It's not a guarantee that they will drop a Tier 1 or 2 item. On top of that, you will have to roll against 4 other people in your group IF they do drop a tiered piece of gear. Thus, dungeons are not worth running at all without Dungeon Delves. Only Castle Never is worth doing without Dungeon Delves.