Install Arc

Please fix healer threat

2»

Comments

• mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bump again.

Please do something...
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • taavisttaavist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dem healers are taking the tanks jobs. i heard that in the end game they mostly use 2 healers 2 trikster rouges and a cc wizard.
    edited May 2013
    I'm ending up first or second on damage taken almost in every dungeon run. There is absolutely NOTHING I can do to avoid being swarmed by all the room except one mob. Even the boss chasses me.

CRYPTIC PLEASE FIX THIS.

At least respond. Do something!!!!!!
  • tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did a T1 today for the first time. Besides dying repeatedly and having the end boss constantly on me, the GF gets mad saying he's out of pots and leaves, followed by most of the rest of the group. Among other things, I'm finding it difficult to impossible to dodge/move and cast. It's like I'm rooted. I don't have this issue with my rogue or CW. I also don't have many issues when I'm duoing with a friend who's a rogue.

I'd also add that I was using a heal stone instead of pots because the timer is a lifetime for us.

Further note - It may be an issue with how dungeons do aggro. I experimented with normal Cloak Tower. 60 DC walks into a room and immediately gets aggro. 24 CW gets aggro after about a minute in the room. 60 DC is ignored by all the orcs on the way to CT, same with CW. 60 DC should have a small aggro range in there, but it's the same or larger than the 24 CWs.
    edited May 2013
    PLASE FIX.

I'm TIRED of ranking #1 on damage taken and being insulted upon!!!
  • kirukiakirukia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh okay, I thought I was the only one.
    I noticed when I do dungeons I get mass mobbed even over the DPS and Tanks.
    It's insane. I've also been getting aggro-reducing feats as they come.

I originally had a tank companion but now I'm leveling a DPS one so I can hopefully kill the enemies before they kill me. Tank companion did nothing, they all flock to me anyway.

ETA: It appears they are aware of it and aiming to fix it soon thankfully.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631
    edited May 2013
    kirukia wrote: »
    Oh okay, I thought I was the only one.
    I noticed when I do dungeons I get mass mobbed even over the DPS and Tanks.
    It's insane. I've also been getting aggro-reducing feats as they come.

I originally had a tank companion but now I'm leveling a DPS one so I can hopefully kill the enemies before they kill me. Tank companion did nothing, they all flock to me anyway.

ETA: It appears they are aware of it and aiming to fix it soon thankfully.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

The issue has been reported way back, since Alpha Test, and it hasn't been resolved in over half a year. I don't know if they honestly care...

It's insulting. Even more so with the actual players insulting you for not healing and getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic please fix healer / tank threat.

At least acknowledge the problem, or inform us if there's a workaround.
    edited May 2013
    I hate you Cryptic. I've never been so frustrated.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found you can reduce your risk of everyone chasing your cleric by not putting astral seal on the main guy in mob, that and wait until other people have built up some the threat and then heal. I don't even use sooth because it doesn't seem worth it. So, target some of the the weaker mob guys with seal and start shooting him. Give it about 10 seconds and then start healing and tossing astral seal. You'll still draw agro, but just not the massive mobs that are difficult to deal with. When new ads spawn, do the same thing. This has been working pretty well for me so far.
  • highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    Yes, the problem is you have to pay money to reset your powers.
    im my country I can earn free ZEN if I fill out surveys, I dont even use real details and if they require activation by email you just create alternate email to activate.

I tested it out on a short one that gave 5 zen and it worked. you just go to the top of the page where it says charge zen then click on earn zen. If you are in a an eastern europe country try use proxy if you dont get many surveys showing.

There must be some reason there not fixing this, its perfect world we talking about here....maybe thats just some conspiracy talk.

EDIT: do the free surveys DO NOT download any of the software or iphone <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and the surveys will reset every 24 hours. You may not get 100 zen in a day its a gradual thing, unless you have the patients of a lion =D
  • maoualtmaoualt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone,

I am a long time player of PWE games, I am also a cleric, about to hit 40.
    I have, like all these people here, found massive problems in the agro pull of the heals on the cleric. Please note that my agro reduction is MAXED.
    Why is it that I can be a beast in pvp, but in a dungeon or skirmish, I die so much that theres just no point in me being there.
    My Boyfriend also plays this game as a wizard. Not only is he a higher lvl then me, he also does over 3X the damage, and hits multiple times... yet I still somehow manage to pull every single mob off of him with a single heal. Same thing goes for any of the more tanky classes in the game. I am yet to find 1 person who can successfully hold agro.
    This is a MASSIVE problem. Its a huge flaw in the game, and will eventually lead to a lack of clerics. This is obviously a problem as this is the only heal based class.
    I believe if this could be fixed ASAP, it would most definitely be in PWE's best interests.

Many thanks

Clairais.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My cleric is only 26 as it's an alt and because of the pounding you take in group stuff I am not overly enthused at playing them. Not relishing the werewolf boss whose adds hit 2-3 times harder than he does.

Part of the problem I've found is that at that level people still seem to be in the mindset that it's a brainless dpsfest on the boss and are yet to work out that pretty much every single boss fight in the game follows the rule that at set %'s adds will turn up and because they've been hitting a mob with the healy debuff they've been piling on the threat to the healer.

Once I know a fight and the %'s I can stop doing anything before a wave comes but then you face the possibility of people going all emo when they stood in the aoe and refused to even consider chugging a potion.

I have however come across some good tanks and dps that know to keep an eye on their healer. Possibly frustrated clerics themselves I'm not sure.
    edited May 2013
    im my country I can earn free ZEN if I fill out surveys, I dont even use real details and if they require activation by email you just create alternate email to activate.

I tested it out on a short one that gave 5 zen and it worked. you just go to the top of the page where it says charge zen then click on earn zen. If you are in a an eastern europe country try use proxy if you dont get many surveys showing.

There must be some reason there not fixing this, its perfect world we talking about here....maybe thats just some conspiracy talk.

EDIT: do the free surveys DO NOT download any of the software or iphone <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and the surveys will reset every 24 hours. You may not get 100 zen in a day its a gradual thing, unless you have the patients of a lion =D

There are no surveys available in my country.

And yes, if your group is good they will keep an eye out for the healer and priorize the mobs attacking them, but I'm already too pissed to even care... I get insulted for dying, I'm topping both damage taken and healing given lists, it's really no freakin' fun to play like this.

And I can prove that newly spawned mobs in boss fights almost always go straight to the cleric, probably hitting me at the same time, dropping my HP from 100% to 15% in just one hit, forcing me to dodge and run to stay alive.

I've been chugging potions like there's no tomorrow, maxing threat reduction talents, and very afraid of respeccing because the change they might change it all and put my newly chosen powers to shame.

I am done with this. Cryptic, do you even CARE or READ?
  • seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I don't do dungeons with my cleric these days. Pfah. I was trying to do PVE, but I'm struggling with adds in Helm's Hold. I think the cleric is just going to have to sit around and pray for a while while I play my GWF. I can wait, but it's bad news, well, for people who run dungeons, as the clerics drop out.
  • getyoazzinmyvangetyoazzinmyvan Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. I play a cleric and its the easiest class in any game I've ever played. I pop Astral Shield and I can window out and see whats new on Reddit.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "Aggro is a more complex subject - I don't have a lot of info regarding that right now but I do know that that feedback regarding tanking/healing aggro is something the team is looking at. Right now there are no concrete plans regarding a specific change, but it is something that is being reviewed. Thanks for clarifying." -dezstravus (Community Team Manager)

Word from our Community Team Manager regarding Aggro in another thread yesterday. I'm guessing it is on their white-board of things to look at...eventually. :rolleyes:
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Discouraging news. I would at least like them to explain just why they made the decisions they did regarding "Righteousness" (abomination) and if it really was intended that seemingly every add in the boss fight insta-targets the clerics when they appear, even if he doesn't cast a single spell. (This may be an exaggeration, but not by much).

I'm to the point now where I may just skip any dungeons until I get Astral Shield. Or at least wait until I'm 3 levels higher than quest level to do them...
    edited May 2013
    pnellesen wrote: »
    Discouraging news. I would at least like them to explain just why they made the decisions they did regarding "Righteousness" (abomination) and if it really was intended that seemingly every add in the boss fight insta-targets the clerics when they appear, even if he doesn't cast a single spell. (This may be an exaggeration, but not by much).

I'm to the point now where I may just skip any dungeons until I get Astral Shield. Or at least wait until I'm 3 levels higher than quest level to do them...

Totally discouraging... and lame. I wonder if Cryptic can tell us how Clerics are supposed to work.

I had no problems leveling... but doing dungeons? It was fine up until level 40, that's when things started to get nasty. Now I'm lvl 60, and in each and every dungeon I run, I end up banged upon all ads, mobs, and sometimes even the boss.

"Learn to dodge, idiot" is what other players tell me. My stamina is not eternal, so I can't dodge very much. Eventually my Divine Power will run out, and I won't be able to cast healing versions of Forgemaster's Flame and Astral Shield.

This is an INSULT. And they don't even care... because fixing aggro won't give they money...
  • tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're right about it being the dungeons. I made a post about it. Aggro is clearly not figured at all the way it is elsewhere.
  • cinnickcinnick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm lvl 60 DC, done most of the Tier1s. I kind of like that the cleric gets aggro - it makes sense from a role playing perspective. The first thing you do when you attack a group is take down the healers (e.g. erinyes). It's also way more interesting than my current approach to foundry quest fights, which is nearly every single time, stand in one spot in an astral shield and cycle daunting light and sunburst while reading news on my second monitor. Yes, it's frustrating when you get a bad PUG. But epic dungeons should be hard and should require strategy and team work. Although those massed fire imps in Mad Dragon sure do kill you quick...
  • hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    I'm requesting this one too, I get threat reducing passive class skill plus 5/5 feat for the same thing, total of 45%+ reduced threat, yet I heal all go for me.

the reduced threat feat is broke not only for dc but also for cw that train this feat. plus gf can't keep aggro to tank either.
  • coerivcoeriv Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even cleric companions grab more aggro then other classes
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    Leave the side note aside, this is not the place.

Indeed... 45% reduced threat, and the only thing that doesn't attack me is the tank's main target.

Cryptic, at least ACKNOWLEDGE this.

Didn't Closed Beta served some purpose? Please...

You're assuming that the beta testers in closed beta actually tested to make the game better, instead of playing so they can play before others.

But, the aggro is nuts. We can't even take a normal group, i.e. tank, cleric, three dps, into t2's without wiping again and again on the last boss. Three days in a row on DD's, and nothing to show. Sad.

When we beat t1's, constant blues for some, from the DD and from the bosses.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • getyoazzinmyvangetyoazzinmyvan Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    You're assuming that the beta testers in closed beta actually tested to make the game better, instead of playing so they can play before others.

But, the aggro is nuts. We can't even take a normal group, i.e. tank, cleric, three dps, into t2's without wiping again and again on the last boss. Three days in a row on DD's, and nothing to show. Sad.

When we beat t1's, constant blues for some, from the DD and from the bosses.

I run with a Rogue and a GF. So we normally get 2 random DPS. I have yet to fail or (wipe over n over) in a t2 ever. I really have no idea what all these people crying about cleric aggro are crying about. Like I said before I can drop shield and window out and be fine.
  • brutikusivbrutikusiv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gah, I just rolled a healer!, two of them matter of fact! rofl. one for guild/friends party, one to solo / pug with /cry. Hope this does get fixed... sounds mostly like GF needs a lot more agro skills ;/
  • balerathonbalerathon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump for great justice.

Healing is fast and furious here. And tanks are moderately to severely useless in the current aggro form. While I usually play a tank in games, I've found that it's far easier to kite-tank as a DC than rightly tank as a GF.

Hopefully Cryptic will fix this thing.

I'd really like to see an interview where someone asks about aggro. Get some clear strait answers from the Dev's mouth.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once you get Astral Seal (big ring that reduces damage and heals you) you'll be the new party tank. My biggest worry is getting knocked out of the ring. If you can last until level 50, that power will be a game changer. I don't even worry about agro anymore. This is why they will nerf it in the future.