test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for feedback on my 1st quest

2»

Comments

• kyeo138kyeo138 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you to everyone who reviewed, v1.6 is now up - made quite a few changes to parts 2&3 to add more story, less mindless mobs.
  • labmouse42labmouse42 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    I just ran your instance and it was fun. If you could run mine and leave comments I would appreciate it.
    Author : @labmouse43
    Short Code : NWS-DB76GRRHK
    Name : Save the Village
    Comment Thread : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?304062-Trade-Reviews-Looking-for-input/page2

I could not leave you a review because the **** box disappeared on me. I will run it again later to see what changes you make and leave you a comment then.

These comments I typed while playing. They are just what I was thinking. I hope it helps.

My thoughts
    I liked the dialoge options at the opening of the quest

I liked how you had to use the password to get in, and had to remember the right one.

Its common to put the rest area on the fire. You might try that in your inn-esque area.

I like how you took the inn entrance and made it a booth area.

The quest speak with the employees is kind of bugged. I don't see where to speak with them. Maybe you should change it to 'speak with bartender'

After all these drinks, you should put a light fog over what I'm viewing. For extra fun, change my dialogue options to be drunken responces.

I dug the people in the rooms upstairs. Good job with poses and stuff.

What costume did you put on Tarynn? Its cool.

When Tarynn turns into a daemon, why dont you say something like "Come on girls, lets get him!" It would help explain why suddenly 4 appear.

You could have replace the second prisoner with someone who did run down the hallway screaming. Just make the path go running.

The prisoner rooms feel naked to me. Why not add some blood or other torture implements. That would help bring it up a notch.

I like how Helrazor keeps interacting with you. Thats a nice touch.

Did syrens haircolor change partway through?

I liked the runes on the ground around Vronin.

One of the mobs that spawned did not aggro. It was out of range. I did like the one that pat'ed into me while fighting.

I really liked the 'look for useful items' part. Sometimes a little fex-ex questing can be a lot of fun.

You should make helrazor face the door hes blocking. Maybe add some blocking animations to help, or something.

When I zoned into syren's song ravaged, I was stuck in a wall. I had to /killme. Big fail. You need to move the spawn point.

I liked how you turned the waitstaff into daemons.

What mob did you use final Synn? That was a cool fight!

How to get up to 5 stars
    Fix the spawn point issue. That's a huge problem.

Bring the look for items a little closer. There was about 45 seconds of extra running that was not 'fun'.

Add more decor to the dungeons.

Add a fog to the look as you get more drunk. Add different dialoge when your smashed. (this can be done by changing npc spawns when you have reached dialogue points just duplicate your NPC and make a speach pattern for a drunk skunk)

Some of the zombie fights felt like just fighting for fighting sake. it was a little artifical to me.
    Foundry Quests
    Author : @labmouse43
    Short Code : NW-DJHHV5CGY
    Name : The Frosty Protologist
    Duration : 15 minutes
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback. I tested the spawn before and never had a problem, but i'll move it out some. better safe than sorry.
    I'll run through yours tonight and leave you feedback.

I didn't even know you could add fog, good suggestions. I tried having some NPCs follow paths, but it was way too buggy. They'd get caught on a door, table or something. So I just make them disappear instead.

I really wanted Helrazor to fight along side you for many of the encounters, but he'd get stuck on every single thing. Oh and yes, every fight with Syryn, her hair color changes (matches the torches in the rooms) & she loses a piece of clothing ;)

I have no idea on the Tarynn costume - it was built in to one of the female human models. The body piece is Control Wizard's Novice Armor-A - the rest is stock.

Oh and for the last fight I used (Fire - Melee - Hard Difficulty). It fit in perfectly!

Thanks again for the comments, I'll go back and add some detail and clean it up!
  • roberticvs1roberticvs1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good story! Good use of sexual tension. Amusing NPCs. Dungeon was (literally) linear though. Enemies could use more variety.

Check your use of "less painless" versus "less painful" ...unless that's a succubus joke.
    edited May 2013
    Good story! Good use of sexual tension. Amusing NPCs. Dungeon was (literally) linear though. Enemies could use more variety.

Check your use of "less painless" versus "less painful" ...unless that's a succubus joke.

Thanks robert, if you have a quest I'll check it out too. Yeah, the painless was supposed to be a joke, maybe i'll put it in quotes so people won't think it's a typo. ;)

I tried to add variety to the encounters, there's 10 different types of easy encounters, and each syryn encounter is a different type as well. I used 15 different costumes for the groups of easy encounters. I can't think of how much more I can add?

Unfortunately, right now there's really only 4 things you can do in foundry missions: Dialog, Encounters (fight), Moving (walking/riding), Interacting. I get kind of bored fighting too, but not sure how I can add more variety. Maybe some traps?