test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats with all the BOTS?

smackjabber1smackjabber1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title states... do you really expect us to put money into this game and its chaulk filled with BOTS and exploits? This is one of THE worst bots abused games I have seen and its still in "beta"!?!?!
Post edited by smackjabber1 on

Comments

• Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adronson wrote: »
    I suspect your right, these are likely actual bots.

I may have misunderstood you, but there is nothing lazy about multi-boxing. Running a five-man team on five different computers through a high-level instance in WOW was about the highest stress, heaviest adrenaline rush I've ever experienced outside of actually being shot at.

Owch... You were shot at... reminds me of when I got whacked with a metal pipe. My right hand still has that bulge from when it was broken and.....

So who's found themselves in "An Epic Bot Battle"? :D
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    adronsonadronson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lonnehart wrote: »
    Owch... You were shot at... :D

Yeah, got caught up in a coup in West Africa -- don't think anybody was actually trying to kill me though. I much prefer digital warfare.
  • Options
    shroommageshroommage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adronson wrote: »
    I suspect you're right, these are likely actual bots.

I may have misunderstood you, but there is nothing lazy about multi-boxing. Running a five-man team on five different computers through a high-level instance in WOW was about the highest stress, heaviest adrenaline rush I've ever experienced outside of actually being shot at.

I can relate to that (minus the shot at part). I once played a 4v4 match in Warcraft III where my entire team left at the start of the match. I was left to control 4 entire armies and combat 4 real players alone. It was the very last game of Warcraft III I ever played because I knew I could never top that victory.

What's happening here, multi-boxing or not, is different from playing an RTS match or running a dungeon when in control of every player. The multi-boxer in this case isn't actually playing at all. He's just using alt accounts to generate rewards while giving no effort. If he actually played the match with 5 accounts (without using scripts), then I could only really congratulate him.

The worst part of all this is that there is no way (that I know of) to report other players outside of creating a support ticket. The first time I encountered an AFK team I took screenshots of the scoreboard, but I didn't even know what to do with them.
  • Options
    smackjabber1smackjabber1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not as of yet but theirs a script going around for them to run to the center node (2) then attack players around it and if you go out of that area they follow but to a certain extent if you go into that radius they chase leave juuuuust outside of it they run back you can do this all day just messing with them. And another for Praying, another for crafting through the gateway, another for AH... its just insane. And the foundry one I was told about just takes the cake! several bots farming foundry items selling the rares that may happen and selling the reward gear 24/7.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As the title states... do you really expect us to put money into this game and its chaulk filled with BOTS and exploits? This is one of THE worst bots abused games I have seen and its still in "beta"!?!?!

Worse than say GW2 ?

now that game was a bot fest lol
  • Options
    zerj12zerj12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iceyhawter wrote: »
    luckily it's still in beta so problems like this can be fixed before the actual release, but i do agree that this should dealt with quickly because it's pretty annoying, either you can't compete or your bored the whole game, although i love the free valor :D it still shouldn't be that way.

As an aside, I'm not sure I consider this a "Beta". Using that as an excuse doesn't seem particularly valid. Just because the PW team calls this a "Beta" doesn't really mean it is one. For what I would consider a true beta you would have to be ensured that 1) all player accounts will be fully wiped when the game goes live. 2) Not be taking customer money for things other than pre-orders. Perhaps with Zen handed out daily the same way that World of Tanks handed out gold daily in their beta.

Now perhaps my definition of a Beta is stricter than many, but a game that is already selling in game purchases doesn't seem much like a beta.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You've never played Ragnarok Online have you?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xacius wrote: »
    yeah...it's still BETA...when is this excuse and the naive thinking of this games community going to cease to exist? No wipe, cash shop active and excepting money BETA...yup...

The game is still in a beta yes. accepting money is normal for companies to continue developing a game. It is optional. The other things you have issue with is a non issue. Although I can only think of one other game that did this. That game was fun.
  • Options
    healzbothealzbot Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    accepting money is normal for companies to continue developing a game

Accepting money pre-launch is normal..... for preorders. Running a cash shop without wipes means that the game has been launched. Using ambiguous language to try and confuse that does not change the truth of it.

And yes, games like Ragnarok Online were absolutely full of bots. Guild Wars 2 also was after launch. Ragnarok failed miserable, and GW2 cracked down heavily on automated play. NW has not done anything about it so far. Hopefully it will swiftly follow the later example, rather than the first.

But either way, no wipes means that there has already been a great deal of damage done to the community. Hopefully the Cryptic team will be able to put together a strong, comprehensive game. But there are already a lot of people who will not be willing to give NW a second chance at this point.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    healzbot wrote: »
    Accepting money pre-launch is normal..... for preorders. Running a cash shop without wipes means that the game has been launched. Using ambiguous language to try and confuse that does not change the truth of it.

And yes, games like Ragnarok Online were absolutely full of bots. Guild Wars 2 also was after launch. Ragnarok failed miserable, and GW2 cracked down heavily on automated play. NW has not done anything about it so far. Hopefully it will swiftly follow the later example, rather than the first.

But either way, no wipes means that there has already been a great deal of damage done to the community. Hopefully the Cryptic team will be able to put together a strong, comprehensive game. But there are already a lot of people who will not be willing to give NW a second change at this point.

Nothing confusing about it, It's a beta, cash shop is optional. Still does not change it from being a beta.

Ragnarok did not fail with it's 23million accounts made over it's course and still going

Also they could still do a wipe and give accounts which bought ZEN back the ZEN to rebuy stuff after the wipe. They do keep the record on those transactions.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you want to stop bots then just report them. There's nothing more that can be done.

Oh wait. Yes there is! Cryptic could stop rewarding the losers of a PVP match! The source of the AFK Botter plague is because we are still rewarded if we don't win! I know many of you will hate Cryptic if they only rewarded the winners of the match, but you can't have it all! Botters will always exploit the free rewards you get for losing!

The only other solution is to ban the botters, but unless you help Cryptic and report'em, they won't stop botting! So report! Report report and keep reporting until your fingers bleed! Cryptic can't and won't waste the time and ressources to hire people to monitor every single PVP match! No MMORPG companyy does that, so why would Cryptic be the first?
  • Options
    argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    If you want to stop bots then just report them. There's nothing more that can be done.

Oh wait. Yes there is! Cryptic could stop rewarding the losers of a PVP match! The source of the AFK Botter plague is because we are still rewarded if we don't win! I know many of you will hate Cryptic if they only rewarded the winners of the match, but you can't have it all! Botters will always exploit the free rewards you get for losing!

The only other solution is to ban the botters, but unless you help Cryptic and report'em, they won't stop botting! So report! Report report and keep reporting until your fingers bleed! Cryptic can't and won't waste the time and ressources to hire people to monitor every single PVP match! No MMORPG companyy does that, so why would Cryptic be the first?

Removing rewards for a loss won't likely remove a lot of bots. Even bots win sometimes (because the other team has more bots), and thus they get a reward. Running the bot costs the user nothing so it'll stay running as long as there's even a hint of a reward for it.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    The illustrious team afk

s0zyc3.jpg
  • Options
    khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    So.. still no official reply.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    khitch25 wrote: »
    So.. still no official reply.

They should stop giving points to teams that AFK entirely (0 score).
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do not discuss exploits/bots or any other form of cheating on our forums. This just promotes the problem, and adds nothing of value to the great majority of the community, who plays an honest game.

Cryptic has cracked down, and continues to patch exploits such as the bots mentioned here and has been very fortunate that so many in our community refuse to allow the behavior to continue by reporting whatever they experience thru the proper channels. This communication is one of the benefits of a live open beta.

Want to stop exploiters/bots? JUST REPORT THEM! Here's how you can report those who attempt to exploit and cheat the game and community: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?306422-Reporting-Exploits-The-Right-Way

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.