Options

So after you hit 60

2»

Comments

• Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    This is why I am taking my time getting to the end.

Same here buddy. thats exactly why Im taking my time leveling. Im enjoying the adventure.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    Uh yeah leveling in real MMOs is more a less learn the ropes and grind it out until you hit cap. When you hit level cap that is when the fun is supposed to begin... are you serious? End game content, epic raids, open world pvp something to keep lvl 60 players involved.

Eh, never really been into that part. More with the exploring/questing/leveling. Played WoW from vanilla to Cata, only stepped in a raid once. Never actually did all the leveling dungeons they put out (let alone the various "endgame" dungeons). Did manage to level every class up to at least the 80's, though. And lots of crafting. And fishing. And various "rep grind" things - like the Argent Tournament.

That's the one drawback with the more modern / f2p games - they don't tend to have as much leveling content, since they weren't made with the same level of budget. The lone, default leveling path is all there is. (as contrasted to vanilla WoW & similar games, where both factions had a different set of quests, and there were also multiple zones in many of the level ranges, so you could level through one of them on one character and through a different one on another.)
  • Options
    adronsonadronson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As soon as I saw how fast the leveling was, I realized there was trouble in paradise. No way the devs can keep ahead of this leveling speed. No way to roll it back either, without a wipe, which would make a lot of people mad. A rock on one side and a hard place on the other. Game Over.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I remember in closed beta they actually increased the leveling speed. I think the goal is that if you do all the story missions you'll be the proper level for wherever you go next and that's pretty much where it ended up. So it was by design and I'm sure they don't feel they are between a rock and a hard place.

No matter how slow you make leveling there will be those who get there in no time and complain that there's nothing to do.
  • Options
    darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    I agree with you completely. However I would rather not see them pump out new content when the current content is so out of whack.

1 thing you need to understand is people doing content and people fixing bugs are 2 different departement of a compagny so they cant stop adding new content even if some is still bug understand?Not how it work actualy the content team need to keep rolling no matter how much bug you find in the game..

You would know that if you had any type of knowledge in developpement....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why wait ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hank41 wrote: »
    It opens up on that date when an expansion is released you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!.

I meant why wait to be gone. Just go now. That doesn't mean you have to go to Rift. Or you could just pay for a month. Cheapskate.
  • Options
    kmartinternetkmartinternet Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Yup Rift goes F2P June 12th , DL a little every night cant wait I get to pick up where I left off .....35th level x2 characters. The game was not worth 15$ a month. They give more bank space than the pathetic 16 spaces here....then 6 bucks for more or save a buck and just buy a character slot. I'm gone June 12th.

The incoherency of this post is really sad.
    First, you want say Rift is so much better, but you cancelled your sub,because it wasn't worth 15 dollars a month. Then you say NW has bad bank space, and you will go to rift once it goes F2P. In a garbled mess of a post.
    Why play rift if it isn't worth 50 cents a day?
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    This is why I am taking my time getting to the end.

Even if you take your time you will hit 60. I have been taking my sweet <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> time and have 2 characters nearly at 50 sadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    its just like real life "game over man, game over"
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup Rift goes F2P June 12th , DL a little every night cant wait I get to pick up where I left off .....35th level x2 characters. The game was not worth 15$ a month. They give more bank space than the pathetic 16 spaces here....then 6 bucks for more or save a buck and just buy a character slot. I'm gone June 12th.
    i played rift i played the expansion i beat all the raids in rifts logged in 1 night a week to kill all the bosses in the storm legion raids then didnt log back in to next week... I have 4 lvl 60s no real reason to log in at night....
  • Options
    adronsonadronson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    From what I remember in closed beta they actually increased the leveling speed. I think the goal is that if you do all the story missions you'll be the proper level for wherever you go next and that's pretty much where it ended up. So it was by design and I'm sure they don't feel they are between a rock and a hard place.

No matter how slow you make leveling there will be those who get there in no time and complain that there's nothing to do.

Yes, I suppose you are right -- and there will be plenty of people who will complain no matter what. Perhaps the devs have a plan and a vision, and this game will flower into something more challenging.
  • Options
    simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I'm hoping they implement some version of AAs. AAs could be simple or complicated and they would basically give you a way to level a character forever..

Simple version: Each time you get a full bar of AA XP (2-3x the 59-60 xp) they give you a point to stick in any of the stats (power/defense/recovery etc) then as you accumulate more points it takes more and more XP per AA level.

The complicated version involves leveling multiple times to buy a single point in a stat and the further you put into a stat the more points it takes.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    scavion wrote: »
    End Game content isnt meant to be pugged. No wonder you're gettin wrecked. Thats the whole point of guilds.

The first person to beat CN was a 3 man group, it can be duo'd by DC's if they were patient enough. It has absolutely nothing to do with who you bring and how many versus what classes they're playing. Any dungeon can be duo'd atm, a lot can be solo'd.
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know I'm too far down in the list of people that have already responded to the OP but I'll hand over my two cents as well.

Of course you're bored end game, the game is in open beta, the game has been available to the public for free download for a little over a month. Wow, I mean wow...really you're that upset over a game you rushed through to get to 60 and realized there was no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Give the game a few years. Hell I remember thinking the same thing when I first played WoW 8 years ago or when I played Warhammer or Rift or Aion. But guess what, now those games have more end game content, there is more substance to them. MMOs don't launch fully realized, that's impossible, they have to adapt and evolve with the player base.

Rest assured if you liked the first 60 levels, there will likely be more to come, including end game content that is more inclusive and enjoyeable for hard core players as well as casuals.

In the mean time, take a break, try some other games out and come back when there is something new in this game to do for you at end game.

It doesn't have to be black or white...you don't have to quit or stay. Just do something else for awhile, play another game, roll another toon, perfect the one you play, learn the gearing (correctly) try out PVP...why not, do some research and learn how to spec/gear for that.

All I'm saying is don't bash a game cause you rushed to 60 and heard crickets at the edge of the end of the world. check out for awhile and come back and see if the edge of the world hasn't expanded beyond what you last knew.

Just my two cents....Krahct

Added after original post:

Couple ideas for you to spice up the game.

1) Create mini games for yourself, for example I'm struggling with GWF I'm rolling another one to try and learn from my mistakes, fight the same fights in a different way until I can beat them without potting or clear a solo instanced quest without my companion, etc.

2) Find a way to make some money in game, analyze and identify hot commodities on the AH and try to capitalize on that

3) Spend some time in game helping a new player out, it's amazing how that makes you feel :)

4) Explore every nook and cranny of the maps, ignore the quests...just take in the beauty of a gorgeous game, admire the hard work of the developers...keeping in mind every model, every little building, rock, tree, shrine was placed there and modeled by a human being with a creative mind
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In this game I bet there are hundreds of players that can do that here......only problem is they did all that in 2 weeks how long did that take you in RIFT?

I have a choice which F2P that will give me the most FUN and NW is not it and Rift ...cough ....cough went F2P soon after this game opened to the public.

With the same start up 2 characters and 3 bags all content is free, only thing is there game is polished unlike this game and there cash shop is alot cheaper than here. So why play this FUBAR game when over there the only pissed off players are the ones that hate TRION for going F2P.

Two weeks...I thought I had no life when I got every class to 30 in three weeks...yes I'm sick of the early level quests...ha ha

MMO Developers can't just develop for the hard core gamer that is gonna burn down content in two weeks it would take such a sizeable development team you'd have to rename yourself Blizzard and there's already one too many of those.

I imagine this game is a bit fast, but for the casual gamer, the ones that I'm fairly sure Cryptic is catering too, the leveling rate is just fine.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Games were better pre-WoW era.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. Let's review the "good ol' days", shall we?

1. You log in and are promptly ganked by a mob of characters 10+ levels higher than you. It's open-world PvP here.
    2. Now that you're dead, they loot your corpse. Even the Sword of Somewhat-Uberness you got last night. All gone.
    3. From the graveyard, you need to run back to your corpse. Naked. To get what little the PvPers left. Corpse runs are MORE fun when you die in a dungeon and need to get past respawned mobs to get your corpse (and gear).
    4. Speaking of dungeons - share nice! *Everyone* can come in with you! None of this weak "instancing" stuff. Don't mind the people kill-stealing. It's part of intended gameplay.
    5. When you're ready to start getting T1 gear, you'll be placed at the back of the rotation. There are many guilds ahead of you, and the end-boss only spawns on a 16 hour cycle. If you and your guild don't have all 40 people ready to go at 4am next Wednesday, you'll forfeit your place in the rotation, and go to the back to the line.

Yeah, I'll pass on that, thanks.
  • Options
    smackjabber1smackjabber1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after you hit 60, the next step is to realize how bad this game is, chargeback anything you spent money on, and find a game that isn't completely terrible.

ROFL... so true.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    Two weeks...I thought I had no life when I got every class to 30 in three weeks...yes I'm sick of the early level quests...ha ha

MMO Developers can't just develop for the hard core gamer that is gonna burn down content in two weeks it would take such a sizeable development team you'd have to rename yourself Blizzard and there's already one too many of those.

I imagine this game is a bit fast, but for the casual gamer, the ones that I'm fairly sure Cryptic is catering too, the leveling rate is just fine.

You sir...deserve recognition.

I proudly stand in that line of gamers that is being catered too...

WTF? You guys see that shiny thing over there?
  • Options
    touzsantouzsan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    The doom of every mmo since wow, bad end game. The forumla is not complicated why dont they get it?

1. level to max level
    2. do high level quest chains, gather/craft and run small dungeons to gear for hardmode dungeons and raids.
    3. raids which require teamwork and at least 10 people, and good gear, which lead to more crafting recp, gear etc..

and pvp
    1. world pvp cause its fun
    2. quick pvp such as capture the flag, etc..
    3. rated pvp solo, teams etc..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cdnbison wrote: »
    Thanks, I needed a good laugh. Let's review the "good ol' days", shall we?

1. You log in and are promptly ganked by a mob of characters 10+ levels higher than you. It's open-world PvP here.
    2. Now that you're dead, they loot your corpse. Even the Sword of Somewhat-Uberness you got last night. All gone.
    3. From the graveyard, you need to run back to your corpse. Naked. To get what little the PvPers left. Corpse runs are MORE fun when you die in a dungeon and need to get past respawned mobs to get your corpse (and gear).
    4. Speaking of dungeons - share nice! *Everyone* can come in with you! None of this weak "instancing" stuff. Don't mind the people kill-stealing. It's part of intended gameplay.
    5. When you're ready to start getting T1 gear, you'll be placed at the back of the rotation. There are many guilds ahead of you, and the end-boss only spawns on a 16 hour cycle. If you and your guild don't have all 40 people ready to go at 4am next Wednesday, you'll forfeit your place in the rotation, and go to the back to the line.

Yeah, I'll pass on that, thanks.

I HATE YOU!!!

Here I am ...happily chilling on my couch when I read this....and warp back to PRE (gasp) video games...MUDS...
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    I can't describe how much fun I have had leveling a character from 0-60, in fact I have done it twice. But it gets to a point where I am literally logging into the game to play a fraction of the time that I used to. Once you hit level 60, that's when the fun should begin..but with this game being so new there is virtually no end game content. The incredible difficulty of end dungeon bosses (less cloak/pirate/spellplague) makes running with pugs a virtual joke b/c a wipe is near certainty. All I'm saying is that unless a dungeon delve is going on (which only happens about twice a day in realistic terms, as I do have a life outside of this game) I have no desire to play anymore. I have already rolled two characters to max level, and one is up to a little over 9k GS so there is no need to re-roll as I would rather wait for the new class anyways. Don't even mention the word foundry as it sits in a state that I can only call a joke and a pure waste of time. Uh crafting can be done on the gateway and I'm not hardcore enough to log in solely to craft and pray. This isn't meant to be a flame or anything but I honestly haven't touched the game 1/20th of what I used to, and there's nothing to do unless there is a delves running currently...
    Thoughts?

So roll another alt. Also, nobody's stopping you from running dungeons when the delve event isn't active. *shrug*

And rant all you want about the Foundry, there are plenty of good quests to try there.
    With the same start up 2 characters and 3 bags all content is free, only thing is there game is polished unlike this game and there cash shop is alot cheaper than here. So why play this FUBAR game when over there the only pissed off players are the ones that hate TRION for going F2P.
    So why are you still here?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »

Quip

/QUOTE]

I quoted you to call out that sig...****....times...roles...and gamers have changed.

Soooo sad. :(