test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Complete Daily Skirmish Quests, Devs Please Read!

holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Besides the quest being occasionally broken where it won't allow me to complete it (I'm still waiting for the AD from these quests Cryptic), I'm unable to complete it if I out-level it! So I may do 2/3, then I level up, and it's a waste of the Daily Quest! I haven't even done half the Skirmishes that have become available to me throughout the course of leveling, because they are only available for 2 or 3 levels. That's rediculous! Why not just scale it like PVP and allow us to queue for all 5 or 6 skirmishes in that level bracket? This would allow people not to waste their dailies away. And allow us to play with friends.

If i'm a level ahead of a guildmate, forget about getting together for a skirmish! What's the point? Friends and Guildmates cannot put together a premade for Skirmishes unless they stay at the exact same level. And with the way you gain XP and level in this game, it's IMPOSSIBLE. So Skirmishes are PUGs only until level 60, and everyone knows that PUGs suck.

So yes, something should be done about the Skirmishes so they are more available on a broad aspect. It turns me off to here I don't even want to bother queueing for them.

And how about allowing us to enter Skirmishes from the map like we can with Dungeons? That's one way to solve the problem. This way, 5 man Guild groups can run it if they are all a few levels off from each other.

And why don't higher level skirmishes drop a blue item off bosses? What's up with that? Skirmishes need some work guys, they can be so much more!

We believe in you! We know you can do it! This is good constructive critisizm. Use it!
Post edited by holt3 on

Comments

• flamesword47flamesword47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting disconnected from the server. I cant even start a thread about it.
  • artanzartanz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    signed something needs to be done about these outleveling them is pretty common even when trying to do the daily.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the skirmish I can currently queue for says (Skirmish Level 54), Defend the Village. So that means I cannot run it after 54 right?

I would love to get this done in an hour or so, but sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes to get a queue...
  • siepmetalsiepmetal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i did 3/3 of the skirmish, its even on my questlog i did 3/3, but i can't claim my diamonds.
    Plz Help.
  • siepmetalsiepmetal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i did 3/3 of the skirmish, its even on my questlog i did 3/3, but i can't claim my diamonds.
    Plz Help.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    holt3 wrote: »
    So the skirmish I can currently queue for says (Skirmish Level 54), Defend the Village. So that means I cannot run it after 54 right?

I would love to get this done in an hour or so, but sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes to get a queue...
    Pretty sure skirmishes have a level range, just like dungeons. Not sure if Defend the village goes up to 60, but you can do it for some time. (unless 54 is the highest level, of course. Sorry, haven't done it in ages and don't know for sure.)

There is a simple reason for this: We don't want a high-level character ruining the fun for everyone in a low-level skirmish (or dungeon, for that matter.) You can easily do a skirmish three times in a row without worrying about level up, and definitely without leveling up too much. I really don't see the problem here. The only thing I can possibly think of is not being able to do a skirmish with a friend, but I'm sure they are working on a solution for that, if there's enough demand for it.

Not to mention that if you do outlevel the daily skirmish, just cancel it and retake it to update it. This won't always work for some reason (the countdown still ticks), but in that case, just wait one day. You only get about 1.000ADs for it anyway. That's really not much, and certainly not at higher levels. To put it in context, I got a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ring in a dungeon and sold it for 50k ADs in the AH. Sell one ring or do a skirmish 150 times? (50 daily skirmishes, do each skirmish three times) Easy choice.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . This is why they are rolling out the scheduled Call to Arms skirmishes, which are on the in-Game Calendar. We've had a few already and one is coming up in a few days. As well, next month's is already on the Calendar.
  • niteingaleniteingale Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ladymythos wrote: »

There is a simple reason for this: We don't want a high-level character ruining the fun for everyone in a low-level skirmish (or dungeon, for that matter.) You can easily do a skirmish three times in a row without worrying about level up, and definitely without leveling up too much. I really don't see the problem here. The only thing I can possibly think of is not being able to do a skirmish with a friend, but I'm sure they are working on a solution for that, if there's enough demand for it.

Not to mention that if you do outlevel the daily skirmish, just cancel it and retake it to update it. This won't always work for some reason (the countdown still ticks), but in that case, just wait one day. You only get about 1.000ADs for it anyway. That's really not much, and certainly not at higher levels. To put it in context, I got a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ring in a dungeon and sold it for 50k ADs in the AH. Sell one ring or do a skirmish 150 times? (50 daily skirmishes, do each skirmish three times) Easy choice.

If it's ruining the fun for low lvl characters then what's the point of CTAs? In the end they do work and are fun for all (at least for me regardless whether I'm in a PUG with low lvls or equal or better 60s).
    IMHO epic versions of all skirmishes would be a great idea just like the dungeons are (except for CN/MC/VT and their relevant skirmishes which would also be available as an end-game content only). As to the rewards for such skirmishes..personally i don't really care about 1000RAD, but themed equipment skins, refining gems and/or occasional 'cherry' like an artifact (which supposedly is available already as a reward) or refining marks of potency would really be a great incentive to go for them. I'm just lvling a new toon and all of the skirmishes are a great change of pace, it would really be great if in the end game we had access to all of them, especially those early ones which some of us might not even recall.
    CTAs, on the other hand would still be a great opportunity to join with friends no matter what lvl they are and to earn the new currency that's being introduced this week.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    niteingale wrote: »
    If it's ruining the fun for low lvl characters then what's the point of CTAs?
    I've asked myself that exact thing since the first one.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One question would be ... whats the point of leveling if we are all the same in the end? A level 6 doing the same damage as a level 60?
    At first it was the CTA that were "skull-leveled".
    Then there came the Skull leveled dungeon for the artifacts.

Some people are already shouting for skull-leveled Dungeon instanced.
    I wonder where this is going ...
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why are you guys all answering a question that is in a thread that died 8 months ago? and whats with all the ....... who keep reopening threads that contain completely out of date and useless information.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Why are you guys all answering a question that is in a thread that died 8 months ago? and whats with all the ....... who keep reopening threads that contain completely out of date and useless information.
    The bugs are still there.
    you still can not complete some of the daily skirmish quests from Ryx.
    You still can not exit some skirmishes except to "Leave the party".

After 8 months.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please be aware that RoC stipulates that all threads over 30 days are considered "dead" and posting in such threads is not allowed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.