test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My stab at balancing the game

zuldarzuldar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Guardian Fighters: How to fix threat
Receives all aggro party members generate on marked targets.

Devoted Cleric: Again with threat
Sooth now reduces threat from healing by 34% + 33% per tier. Has no effect on threat from damage.

Great Weapon Fighters: Fixing damage
Does more damage when striking multiple enemies rather then less.

Three simple steps to fix the game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    No suggestions or criticism? Oh well, thought these were pretty good ideas.
  • Options
    desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All sound like productive ideas. Although some may be overkill.

My thoughts:

GF: New Class Feature that increases threat gained from Encounters and At-Wills by 300%. (makes tanks stay active to tank)
    DC: Fixed threat by fixing GF threat. DCs still cant open spam heals before tanks gain threat.
    GWF: At-Will damage increased by 100%. GWF AoE damage is fine, with the At-Will damage increase, they will still swing slow but will hit very hard. This is will allow them to keep up with TRs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dafuq you cryin' about? You first MMO??!
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You know things like this make waaaay too much sense to be actually implemented.
  • Options
    arntoyarntoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, would really love if they fix the threat right now.
    As a GWF, this is how I beat TR/CW!

[frnXxyM.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    desoro wrote: »
    All sound like productive ideas. Although some may be overkill.

Perhaps some might seem a bit excessive at first glance, but I feel they would be beneficial overall. The gf needs to be able to maintain aggro and this fix does that very well. As for the dc fix, they have a number of useful class features so it would a difficult decision to take the newly improved soothe.
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No self respecting Cleric even puts soothe on their bar, it's pointless and a waste, you are going to pull aggro anyway! Foresight and divine fortune or holy fervor.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    No self respecting Cleric even puts soothe on their bar, it's pointless and a waste, you are going to pull aggro anyway! Foresight and divine fortune or holy fervor.

You 're right, no cleric uses soothe because as it stands it doesn't do enough. Hence my suggestion that it reduce all healing aggro to 0 at rank 3. It would still be tough to take over something else, but it would at least be useful.