test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

meh, regretting investing in a game where nothing is being fixed

warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seems the only thing they want to do is respond to game breaking exploits and nothing else. Where are the enhancements/bug fixes/balances?

Are all the devs in hawaii spending their bonus from all the cash shop purchases or what?
Post edited by warflux on

Comments

• mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    <troll>

Take your dolly's and go home then
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea I know, responding to game breaking exploits. What kind of foolish company would do that?
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    <troll>

Dolly's what?
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea I know, responding to game breaking exploits. What kind of foolish company would do that?

Um, do you have any reading comprehension skill at all or just read what you want to fanboy it up?
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <troll>

You have amazing insight and I find your intellect deeply satisfying.
  • bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no class balance/many broken feats like cleric divine glow giving monsters damage and reducing party members damage / no que system fix / no report spammer fix / no fix to infinite client side dodge/teleport/block/ broken threat and so on...

Those are known issues for atleast 2 weeks now.

Yeah sure they respond to game breaking exploits.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    warflux wrote: »
    Um, do you have any reading comprehension skill at all or just read what you want to fanboy it up?

You need to just chill and enjoy the ride or you can sit here and cry about things not moving fast enough.

Then again the impatient folks are the ones tossing money left and right....kids these days.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    no fix to infinite client side dodge/teleport/block/

Pretty sure that was fixed, that was what broke Block.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Seems the only thing they want to do is respond to game breaking exploits and nothing else. Where are the enhancements/bug fixes/balances?

Are all the devs in hawaii spending their bonus from all the cash shop purchases or what?
    Do you expect there to be a million devs working on this 1 game? The has been a lot of stuff that has popped up, there more they have to focus on exploits and the economy the longer it will take for other stuff to come. So you rather they ignore the exploits just to get other stuff? Then you would instead whine how they weren't fixing the exploits. sheesh.
    edited May 2013
    aronwen wrote: »
    Do you expect there to be a million devs working on this 1 game? The has been a lot of stuff that has popped up, there more they have to focus on exploits and the economy the longer it will take for other stuff to come. So you rather they ignore the exploits just to get other stuff? Then you would instead whine how they weren't fixing the exploits. sheesh.

So, they are so inept they can't do anything except fix game breaking exploits? Glad you're ok with that. Cheers.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me explain the problem. You made an assumption that because they do one thing. It MUST mean they don't want to do the other. For no other reason then spite, id guess. Considering you know nothing of their staffing levels, on going projects, or even how these exploit fixes can effect their development schedule. They must be doing it because, and Ill quote.
    Seems the only thing they want to do

Yup, its a matter of want and they are doing it intentionally to screw you, just you, over personally.

A more reasonable thought, however, would be that they cant get around to doing the balance fixes because they keep getting side tracked by the aforementioned "game breaking bugs".
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are none so blind as those who will not see. Have you ever tried finding the cause of a bug, then implementing a fix in a test environment, then testing that fix in various scenarios to ensure it is not causing other bugs/issues?

Troubleshooting software is a very tedious and time consuming process. Game has only been publicly available for a month. If that is too long to fix issues, good thing you weren't at WoW launch, as the servers were down for the majority of the first 3 weeks, and that was before any exploits were found.
    edited May 2013
    I'm the one making assumptions? That's pretty **** funny. Not only are you making assumptions you are claiming to be able to read my mind. Borderline psychotic.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can you teach me how to have no standards at all? You seem to be really good at it.

Step 1. Stop popping off at the mouth.
    Step 2. Realize that this game did not happen over night.
    Step 3. Understand how to enjoy a game long term.
    Step 4. Learn how things are not instant and things are not handed to you.

Who am I kidding. You are too impatient to understand that this game is a hobby.
    One to be done during spare time and not replacing your life.
    You need maturity to realize this game is just starting and over the course of the next six months will grow into an awesome platform for us folks that actually enjoy the juxtaposition of the mechanics involved. I.E. Interactive combat.

I suppose you will never identify with someone who played chess over a BB that took weeks to finish.

Then again I will never identify with folks who had to walk to school, in the snow, up hill, both ways.
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    There are none so blind as those who will not see. Have you ever tried finding the cause of a bug, then implementing a fix in a test environment, then testing that mix in various scenarios to ensure it is not causing other bugs/issues?

Troubleshooting software is a very tedious and time consuming process. Game has only been publicly available for a month. If that is too long to fix issues, good thing you weren't at WoW launch, as the servers were down for the majority of the first 3 weeks, and that was before any exploits were found.

Finally, somewhat of a coherent post. Could do without the lame bumper sticker philosophy or the general forum troll attitude that you have to be right and are not open to much discussion. Anyway...

I do deal with massive software releases on a weekly basis. They're not even releasing anything at all or even talking to us about it from what I can tell. The only thing I've seen is some PR rep who gave me no good info. I don't feel I am wrong for feeling a lack of confidence in them at this point.
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It is beta. It would be hard to not know that from sign up. If you were unsure what beta meant it would have been wise to first look it up before making a purchase. If you thought that it wasn't beta due to a cash shop you were mistaken. If you read posts that said this game was not beta because of a cash shop you were duped.
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Step 1. Stop popping off at the mouth.
    Step 2. Realize that this game did not happen over night.
    Step 3. Understand how to enjoy a game long term.
    Step 4. Learn how things are not instant and things are not handed to you.

Who am I kidding. You are too impatient to understand that this game is a hobby.
    One to be done during spare time and not replacing your life.
    You need maturity to realize this game is just starting and over the course of the next six months will grow into an awesome platform for us folks that actually enjoy the juxtaposition of the mechanics involved. I.E. Interactive combat.

I suppose you will never identify with someone who played chess over a BB that took weeks to finish.

Then again I will never identify with folks who had to walk to school, in the snow, up hill, both ways.

Ok dude you are right about everything and everyone should just be just like you and not care about anything. You win, now go eat a cookie.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hyperbole is the refuge of those without a strong argument.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1141-Patch-Notes

Maybe the specific thing you want addressed is not being fixed, but "things" are.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally, somewhat of a coherent post. Could do without the lame bumper sticker philosophy or the general forum troll attitude that you have to be right and are not open to much discussion. Anyway...

I do deal with massive software releases on a weekly basis. They're not even releasing anything at all or even talking to us about it from what I can tell. The only thing I've seen is some PR rep who gave me no good info. I don't feel I am wrong for feeling a lack of confidence in them at this point.

I see plenty of patch notes addressing various issues. The bigger the issue, the longer the fix. I am no pro at coding, as my degree is in Networking, but I have done a little, and outside of VB, it was never easy to find or fix the broken code.
    edited May 2013
    Hyperbole is the refuge of those without a strong argument.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1141-Patch-Notes

Maybe the specific thing you want addressed is not being fixed, but "things" are.

You are happy with that? Wow. Yay, another db with a bumper sticker philosophy spouting his self importance on the forums!
  • kmartinternetkmartinternet Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    The OP is incredibly hostile. Abused as a child, perhaps? I'm also seeing sociopath signals all over his posts.

I'm sure he needs to see a doctor.

INB4 OP rages and yells at me. Let's go bro.
  • beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Um, big fixes take time and the community will not allow that. The last time they took down the server for a day to fix an exploit, there were hundreds of angry players threatening to leave, on this forum, on other forums and on twitter. And when they don't take down the servers to make significant changes, people like you complain. Man, it must be horrible to be a dev. BTW the idea that any of the 'on-the-ground' programmers earn enough to go on holiday or have any direct cash-link to the money made on the market demonstrates that you have no idea what you are talking about.

They are compiling a massive 'release fix' that will occur when the game moves out of beta. At that time, I am sure many of the balancing issues will be addressed.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is beta. It would be hard to not know that from sign up. If you were unsure what beta meant it would have been wise to first look it up before making a purchase. If you thought that it wasn't beta due to a cash shop you were mistaken. If you read posts that said this game was not beta because of a cash shop you were duped.

Once money changed hands, the beta tag became irrelevant, due to severe limitations they placed on themselves as far as actions that can be taken when stuff gets out of hand. The only people being duped are those who spent money on something with a beta label, and expected something other than 100% defense of any issue by white knights who will continue to regurgitate "its in beta" as an logic lacking excuse for any feedback provided about how they could improve their game.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP is incredibly hostile. Abused as a child, perhaps? I'm also seeing sociopath signals all over his posts.

No just another Bridge dweller with an alt account, report and ignore.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Such talent, able to medically diagnose personality disorders based on being disagreed with on the internet.
  • aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    So, they are so inept they can't do anything except fix game breaking exploits? Glad you're ok with that. Cheers.

Why don't you create your own game, and run it yourself then maybe you'll understand. They are limited and can't do everything at once. Even games with larger budgets/staff take their time with things, ie Riot. Running an MMO isn't all pixies and magic where all you gotta do is say the magic words and mysteriously all the bugs are fixed and content is magically put in without effort.
  • ingo102ingo102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, even superman Obama can't be expected to fix (or even know about) problems years after they are known. Lets give a game company a month or two before we condemn them aye.
    11.jpg
  • kmartinternetkmartinternet Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Such talent, able to medically diagnose personality disorders based on being disagreed with on the internet.

Come now, post on the original account, no need to post on separate accounts.
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The game is in open beta. You don't need to invest anything in it. And actually other than my founders pack (which was just used for some favorable cosmetics) I have'nt spent any real money on this game and am sitting on more AD than what I got in the founders pack.

This isn't a finished product. Be happy you have a good community of people making enjoyable foundry content.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fixes? Improvements?
    Nonsense!! Neverwinter is a perfect game.

The BEST dungeon finder.
    The BEST Auction House.
    The BEST PVP.
    The BEST Dungeons.
    The BEST Classes
    The BEST Looting System
    The BEST Companion AI
    Fully WORKING Powers and Feats
    Fully WORKING armor set bonus and enchantments.

See. One month since open beta just only fixing exploits. Who needs fixes when the game is PERFECT?
This discussion has been closed.