test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion to combat bot use in PVP

v4guev4gue Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
As any astute PVPer can clearly see, bots have taken over PVP. It is to the point that people know botters by name. "Kick randomplayer1, it's a bot!" It is very frustrating as a party leader to cull the bugged and DC'd people who didn't zone in, and then end up with bots on the team as well. This severely impacts the fun factor of PVP, as it seems there aren't many fair matches. I'm 44 currently, and every match this week seems to be a slaughterfest. The team with no (or less) bots/DC's/afk'ers slaughters the other team. From what I can tell, the only way to report these botters is to create a GM ticket. This is a very time consuming process and aggravates me almost as much as the bots themselves. /rant

Now for my suggestion, please implement a right click report feature for botters and other quick and easy issues where someone may need to be reported (ex: inappropriate communications). If the aim is to improve the game, this is a lightweight feature that would help weed out many of these botters that are currently ruining the pvp experience. Sorry if this is a repost, I didn't see a thread on the front page so thought I'd chime in.

TL;DR - Devs: create a right click on portrait report feature to report botters. EDIT: and then punish them!
Post edited by v4gue on

Comments

• Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    v4gue wrote: »
    As any astute PVPer can clearly see, bots have taken over PVP. It is to the point that people know botters by name. "Kick randomplayer1, it's a bot!" It is very frustrating as a party leader to cull the bugged and DC'd people who didn't zone in, and then end up with bots on the team as well. This severely impacts the fun factor of PVP, as it seems there aren't many fair matches. I'm 44 currently, and every match this week seems to be a slaughterfest. The team with no (or less) bots/DC's/afk'ers slaughters the other team. From what I can tell, the only way to report these botters is to create a GM ticket. This is a very time consuming process and aggravates me almost as much as the bots themselves. /rant

Now for my suggestion, please implement a right click report feature for botters and other quick and easy issues where someone may need to be reported (ex: inappropriate communications). If the aim is to improve the game, this is a lightweight feature that would help weed out many of these botters that are currently ruining the pvp experience. Sorry if this is a repost, I didn't see a thread on the front page so thought I'd chime in.

TL;DR - Devs: create a right click on portrait report feature to report botters. EDIT: and then punish them!

Agreed there has to be a systematic approach to combating the botters and something like this is one aspect of it.
  • Options
    hatemongrhatemongr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Agreed there has to be a systematic approach to combating the botters and something like this is one aspect of it.

There is. Level to 60. They bot in order to level, at 60 I haven't seen this at all. I agree it sucks while leveling, but you will mostly forget about it after hitting 60, and IMO the devs have more important things to fix right now, like the intense lag spikes ****ty que system.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hatemongr wrote: »
    There is. Level to 60. They bot in order to level, at 60 I haven't seen this at all. I agree it sucks while leveling, but you will mostly forget about it after hitting 60, and IMO the devs have more important things to fix right now, like the intense lag spikes ****ty que system.

I have leveled to 60 and am leveling another toon. And you know, for me and I bet many others as well most of the game will be experienced on the journey from 1-60; that is after all where the majority of the content currently is. Also apart from the bots/afkers the pvp is much better pre-60.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    I have leveled to 60 and am leveling another toon. And you know, for me and I bet many others as well most of the game will be experienced on the journey from 1-60; that is after all where the majority of the content currently is. Also apart from the bots/afkers the pvp is much better pre-60.

I agree, if it wasn't for PVP I wouldn't be playing this game. If the botters were much worse and I'd have been dealing with them since day 1, I wouldn't be PVP'ing. Ipso facto, columbo oreo, I wouldn't be playing the game. I can't be the only one of this mindset.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

From what I read TTK is ridiculously fast at 60, which doesn't make it sound all that fun. I may be doing as yasha stated and leveling an alt until they tweak it some.
  • Options
    brostynbrostyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First, there is nothing we can do. We have to have help from Cryptic and PW.

Assuming they do a few things need to be done. First a report tool has to be in game that is monitored, and bans need to be going out. Second, if someone is reported a few matches in a row they need a debuff on them that prevents entering the queue.

Secondly, matches need to be more than 5v5. A slacker, a disconnect or bots cripple a team in 5v5. Plus, its just not as fun. imo.

The PvE in this game post 30 is not enjoyable for me. PvP is the only reason I continue to play, and I fear I will not be around much longer due bugs and bots that plague PvP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    brostyn wrote: »
    First, there is nothing we can do. We have to have help from Cryptic and PW.

Assuming they do a few things need to be done. First a report tool has to be in game that is monitored, and bans need to be going out. Second, if someone is reported a few matches in a row they need a debuff on them that prevents entering the queue.

Secondly, matches need to be more than 5v5. A slacker, a disconnect or bots cripple a team in 5v5. Plus, its just not as fun. imo.

The PvE in this game post 30 is not enjoyable for me. PvP is the only reason I continue to play, and I fear I will not be around much longer due bugs and bots that plague PvP.
    I feel you on this. As a lvl 45 GWF who PVPed 90% of the way here... it was not a fun ride. GWF's mature very slowly. Now as I am just starting to see my potential, the bot ordeal has arisen. I would like to see more people allowed in PVP matches, however I think a report/banhammer/debuff system as you mentioned, and a matchmaking system that doesn't quit working after the start would suffice.
  • Options
    khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I was in a PvP guild. Well I am still in it, just no one is logging on anymore. Please Acknowledge issue and promise us a fix before everyone I know leaves.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wrong, I've encountered plenty of bots at 60. Sometimes they have names that seem appropriate, others they were clear, like ADSFAS. They exist. This is why it's best to find an awesome PvP-focused (primarily) guild like Paradox. That way you're constantly in groups with real players, who you eventually know, and your playing styles will lead to strong matches.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v4gue wrote: »
    I feel you on this. As a lvl 45 GWF who PVPed 90% of the way here... it was not a fun ride. GWF's mature very slowly. Now as I am just starting to see my potential, the bot ordeal has arisen. I would like to see more people allowed in PVP matches, however I think a report/banhammer/debuff system as you mentioned, and a matchmaking system that doesn't quit working after the start would suffice.

I mean, yeah, not a fun ride, if you're only doing PvP!!! Duh, you can get like 3000+ exp from most simple quests via the story. I reached 60 when I was at Icespire, still hadn't finished the pirates or chasm yet, or the drow quests. Do the quests. PvP only makes sense if you're good enough at lower levels to get about 1st to 3rd place EVERY time. I primarily did PvP at lower levels for the experience, the GWF reaches some critical loser positions at certain levels, and then begins to get stronger starting around 48. By 60, if you've played right and know what you're doing, you can be formidable. But I wouldn't call the maturity rate slow at all. I leveled to 60 in maybe one and a half weeks, playing about 2-3 hours each day. Finish the quests man, you'll get there faster.
  • Options
    kombinatorrkombinatorr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my suggestions:
    1. gearscore check: these bot users have under lvl10 gear often not even equiped anything in some slots. I know, not everyone can have full rare or greater gear at lvl 30 or 40, but pls this very underleveled gear is enough to be weak even for skilled players.

2. vote system: if at least the 50% of the players vote "yes" then kick it, and if someone kicked 3 times consecutively then give a 24 hour ban from pvp (such thing cannot happen accidentally). Or maybe the simple more yes than no vote system for kicking.