Install Arc
Options

Severe lag??

2»

Comments

• Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone start a thread about not being able to launch game, i am newbee so can start threads

What do you mean you can't start the launcher? Are you getting the small message box saying the launcher is attempting to connect to their fail servers?
  • Options
    trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    yep getting that error
  • Options
    trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    tries to connect 5 times then get error box unable to connect to patch server
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tries to connect 5 times then get error box unable to connect to patch server

I can send you the launcher EXE that can replace the faulty one. I am not positive if it works for everyone but it worked for a couple of my friends.
    Make sure you backup your old EXE for the launcher.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/maishiranui7777

It's the neverwinter.exe. When you right click on the launcher shortcut -> properties -> open file location, it should show you where the launcher is getting executed from.

If your launcher is 12MB in size that's the faulty launcher from what I recall. I had that happening to me last night. If you replace it with this one it will re-patch or just let you back into the game.
  • Options
    derpherpingtonderpherpington Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hopefully a dev sees this soon enough been hours since ive been able to play. I need my fix :(
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not having any issues at all from Philadelphia, Pa., Verizon.
    Logged out and back in with no problems or hangups at all. No problems in game either.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Not having any issues at all from Philadelphia, Pa., Verizon.
    Logged out and back in with no problems or hangups at all. No problems in game either.

No one said anything about East Coast being affected. It's nice that you are confirming that East Coast is fine but this isn't about East Coast. West Coast is affected unless you are telling me PA is somewhere West Coast.
  • Options
    govournatorgovournator Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in san diego as well and the launcher just says Version NW.1.20130416a.41 and hangs indefinitely.

Bump please
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm in san diego as well and the launcher just says Version NW.1.20130416a.41 and hangs indefinitely.

Bump please

If you wait about 5 minutes it will actually let you through but that's only because you are sending like 1~5KB/sec to the server. I left my launcher on for 5 minutes last night and ended up being able to log-in.

The next problem is, once you are in character select you can see that your connection with the server is bad. Your characters need at least 30 sec to load and when you get into the game you will see people freeze and see yourself "rubber-banding". It doesn't matter where you are in the game.
    The more entities that are around you the most likely you run into the infamous red font "Server not responding (x sec)" timer.

It's been narrowed down to be West Coast specific.
  • Options
    govournatorgovournator Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i saw that from this thread Zero. I'm talking to my friend at cox right now and he is helping to see if it is a local issue. It probably isn't but since he works for them, it couldn't hurt to look into it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i saw that from this thread Zero. I'm talking to my friend at cox right now and he is helping to see if it is a local issue. It probably isn't but since he works for them, it couldn't hurt to look into it.

Yeah, it wasn't a cox issue on my end and I know someone from dslreports.com who has helped me with all my networking issues that ranged from Signal-to-noise ratios, Node utilization, Packet loss, Plant issues, etc.

It's good that you contact them though just in-case and maybe he can find other minor issues and fix them and make your gaming experience better!
  • Options
    blazing992blazing992 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It feel like i'm playing in slideshow mode afdter the patch NW.1.20130416a.33 so today i decided to contact the tech support and all i got was an ridiculous Ctrl+C Ctrl+V response ignoring all i said about the problem and attempt to fix.
    "Nerf paper. Scissors are just fine. Thanks." - Rock
  • Options
    a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Server not responding information and mega lags right now
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who read the thread title as "Severed Leg"? :D

But to the OP there was a period today that it seemed like the entire internet was slow. Was working and all network traffic was bogged down no matter what site was accessed.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who read the thread title as "Severed Leg"? :D

But to the OP there was a period today that it seemed like the entire internet was slow. Was working and all network traffic was bogged down no matter what site was accessed.

but remember, it's all PWE's fault! - zero
  • Options
    derpherpingtonderpherpington Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blazing992 wrote: »
    It feel like i'm playing in slideshow mode afdter the patch NW.1.20130416a.33 so today i decided to contact the tech support and all i got was an ridiculous Ctrl+C Ctrl+V response ignoring all i said about the problem and attempt to fix.
    i got the same thing from my ticket with solutions that dont even pertain to us. guess were gonna be waiting weeks on this one.
  • Options
    cartmanfatfanboycartmanfatfanboy Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you wait about 5 minutes it will actually let you through but that's only because you are sending like 1~5KB/sec to the server. I left my launcher on for 5 minutes last night and ended up being able to log-in.

The next problem is, once you are in character select you can see that your connection with the server is bad. Your characters need at least 30 sec to load and when you get into the game you will see people freeze and see yourself "rubber-banding". It doesn't matter where you are in the game.
    The more entities that are around you the most likely you run into the infamous red font "Server not responding (x sec)" timer.

It's been narrowed down to be West Coast specific.

I'ts no longer USA West Coast specific. I'm experiencing exactly the same problems - long launching then slow character selection screen loading, terrible lags in game and finally (after a minute or two) "server not responding" and disconnect.
    I'm from EU - Warsaw, Poland.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'ts no longer USA West Coast specific. I'm experiencing exactly the same problems - long launching then slow character selection screen loading, terrible lags in game and finally (after a minute or two) "server not responding" and disconnect.
    I'm from EU - Warsaw, Poland.

If more reports come in that it happens from EU then we can call it a Europe/US West issue.
    So far we had numerous people from US West reporting terrible lag.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    <Do not post CS Tickets Please>

This is the support ticket I sent about 2 hours ago with the above response. I will check some of the suggestions they did which I don't think will fix the issue as it suddenly happened last night at 10PM PST.

So to all the people saying support sucks? I disagree.

I checked the Force Verify and it actually made it worse to where I had to replace my launcher and it tried to patch for 1.5GB.

You guys are all free to try out the above solutions and some of them have been mentioned already by some people.
  • Options
    boarinboarin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also having crazy LONG LOADING screen issue, I logged in to my GWF and it went smoothly, the loading bar at the bottom fills up and seconds later my character logged in, I than logged out and switched to my other character, the loading bar at the bottom fills up and now I am waiting for my character to LOG IN its been about 5 minutes. and still counting. as i write this
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is the support ticket I sent about 2 hours ago with the above response. I will check some of the suggestions they did which I don't think will fix the issue as it suddenly happened last night at 10PM PST.

So to all the people saying support sucks? I disagree.

I checked the Force Verify and it actually made it worse to where I had to replace my launcher and it tried to patch for 1.5GB.

You guys are all free to try out the above solutions and some of them have been mentioned already by some people.

got exact the same copy paste **** response in my ticket.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    blazing992 wrote: »
    got exact the same copy paste **** response in my ticket.

Even if it's the entire thing they changed the part to include running it in Safe Mode. Also, I don't expect them to constantly send the same answer out with different wording to people having the same exact issues.
    If the entire post I posted of the support ticket response the same thing people get for the similar issue then I am totally okay with it.
    Why? It's because it's related to the same issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just solved my problem by formating my machine .-.
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been lag lately, but I had a lot today because of the bad we had tonight, ended a little while ago but it made it way worse. can't really tell how much was from the net and from the game becaus eo fit.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    hatemongrhatemongr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am westcoast, Portland OR. Comcast cable ISP. By brother is further west of me on verizon. We both have exactly the same issue. We have freshly built PC's, 6 core amd's with dual ATI cards. We can run Tera, Aion, Crysis, BF3 all on max settings no problem. However in this game, when we get into a dungeon typically, or massed areas in pvp, the game drops to 1-2 FPS and makes it unplayable. I have experienced this in several games in the past, and it has always been a memory leak issue. So devs, idk if you read this, but start there first please.