test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So after you hit 60

leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I can't describe how much fun I have had leveling a character from 0-60, in fact I have done it twice. But it gets to a point where I am literally logging into the game to play a fraction of the time that I used to. Once you hit level 60, that's when the fun should begin..but with this game being so new there is virtually no end game content. The incredible difficulty of end dungeon bosses (less cloak/pirate/spellplague) makes running with pugs a virtual joke b/c a wipe is near certainty. All I'm saying is that unless a dungeon delve is going on (which only happens about twice a day in realistic terms, as I do have a life outside of this game) I have no desire to play anymore. I have already rolled two characters to max level, and one is up to a little over 9k GS so there is no need to re-roll as I would rather wait for the new class anyways. Don't even mention the word foundry as it sits in a state that I can only call a joke and a pure waste of time. Uh crafting can be done on the gateway and I'm not hardcore enough to log in solely to craft and pray. This isn't meant to be a flame or anything but I honestly haven't touched the game 1/20th of what I used to, and there's nothing to do unless there is a delves running currently...
Thoughts?
Post edited by leetsawces on

Comments

• Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Once you have reached the end of our growth that is when you should Start to have fun? You are missing the point of adventuring.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Really? Once you have reached the end of our growth that is when you should Start to have fun? You are missing the point of adventuring.

Once you level 1 character in this game the adventure is over. There is no new path to take. Nothing new to see. It's the exact same content.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Once you level 1 character in this game the adventure is over. There is no new path to take. Nothing new to see. It's the exact same content.
    This is why I am taking my time getting to the end.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Uh yeah leveling in real MMOs is more a less learn the ropes and grind it out until you hit cap. When you hit level cap that is when the fun is supposed to begin... are you serious? End game content, epic raids, open world pvp something to keep lvl 60 players involved. Hitting level cap is anything but the "end of our growth" whatever that means. Well let me re-phrase...in this games current state sadly lvl 60 is the end of the road. And the reason why players who would otherwise be hardcore are now downloading and installing other games.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    Uh yeah leveling in real MMOs is more a less learn the ropes and grind it out until you hit cap. When you hit level cap that is when the fun is supposed to begin... are you serious? End game content, epic raids, open world pvp something to keep lvl 60 players involved. Hitting level cap is anything but the "end of our growth" whatever that means. Well let me re-phrase...in this games current state sadly lvl 60 is the end of the road. And the reason why players who would otherwise be hardcore are now downloading and installing other games.

I agree with you completely. However I would rather not see them pump out new content when the current content is so out of whack.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    This is why I am taking my time getting to the end.

you are much smarter than I was.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anything is better than nothing, the fact that the content is still horribly out of whack (I'm looking at you class balance/LFG/etc etc) and there has been a major cry out on these forums for balance yet it still remains untouched isn't a good sign. So if they won't fix that then at least end game content would be nice. I understand this is just me filling the air with hopes and wishes, but sadly I'm to the point where I'm going to move on to another MMO.
  • Options
    scavionscavion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    End Game content isnt meant to be pugged. No wonder you're gettin wrecked. Thats the whole point of guilds.
  • Options
    saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    after you hit 60, the next step is to realize how bad this game is, chargeback anything you spent money on, and find a game that isn't completely terrible.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's what MMOs are in the post WoW world.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ^ What do you mean? Idk if you agree with me or are trying to say something else
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's what MMOs are in the post WoW world.

god bless you
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ What do you mean? Idk if you agree with me or are trying to say something else

he means that pre-wow, MMOs took months upon months, if not YEARS to reach level cap. and once you did, it was basically over. No "end-game content", no real "raids" per se, some open-world bosses, stuff like that.

Games were better pre-WoW era.
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, I hit 60 yesterday, having taken my time, and have no intention of replaying an MMO version of "Groundhog Day" until I do it again. There's no point. I'll relegate the game to my coffee-breaks for a bit of faceroll monster-bashing, which it's ideal for.
  • Options
    merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hit 60 a few days ago myself. I tried foundry and was disappointed. Some of the quests have difficult mobs that hand me my butt and no way out of the quest other than to finish or buy a teleport to Protector's Enclave, which is 4k AD. I would go broke if I just did foundry and got stuck in there with no way out consistently. I'm not touching dungeons until they fix the loot rolls to something fair. I refuse to waste 45 minutes of my time for nothing, repeatedly. I'm not into PvP either. So there is absolutely nothing for me to do but roll more characters, which seems boring to me after I just did all the quests. I'm already looking for another game to tell the truth.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well work on crafting or make some foundry missions. They are supposedly bringing in a Ranger class and raid content (not sure how long on those). If you are really bored, you can always send me your stuff! ;) hehe
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merrybelle wrote: »
    no way out of the quest other than to finish or buy a teleport to Protector's Enclave, which is 4k AD. I would go broke if I just did foundry and got stuck in there with no way out consistently..

up on the minimap, return to previous map (looks like a littl red door with a back arrow, bottom left).
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

That sounds incredibly boring! Why would anyone play that type of game? If all a game is, is grinding, I have better things to do with my time. Glad this isn't a "real MMO".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    itdude123 wrote: »
    Well work on crafting or make some foundry missions. They are supposedly bringing in a Ranger class and raid content (not sure how long on those). If you are really bored, you can always send me your stuff! ;) hehe

Yeah, you mean send you all of my BoE stuff that I have had equipped already? The reason why the AH is a joke
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itdude123 wrote: »
    They are supposedly bringing in a Ranger class...
    Which will have to go through the exact same content I've just done.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    That sounds incredibly boring! Why would anyone play that type of game? If all a game is, is grinding, I have better things to do with my time. Glad this isn't a "real MMO".
    Yeah you grind UNTIL you hit level cap as I have already stated, and that is when the fun should begin with guilds and raids etc. There is literally nothing to keep our focus anymore.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013

*Points to the Foundry* You're Welcome. :p
  • Options
    drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    You expected more in a PW cash grab game?
  • Options
    v3g3taxv3g3tax Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One word..beta...and after 8 yrs of wow..l 5 yrs of daoc..i think this game has huge promise....if they add bosses to foundry, and a scaling exp/ loot system..perhaps based on number of encounters, number of maps used. Etc..
    Pvp map making... Ad add new pvp maps.. More payers in pvp matches..and blance out classes..this game would be o much better thn other mmorpgs..im alrdy in luv with the idea that u cant just tank nd spank with a gf a cleric and som dps...
    But seriously.. Add bosses to foundry and make the rewards better on foundry...the foundry is what really sets this game apart.. And if we could make pvp maps and or raid maps...nuff said
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At 60 I have sampled at least 10 foundry missions and honestly I thought the scaling was a bit too punishing in nearly all of them which I didn't really find enjoyable. A challenge is one thing but if I have to down 15 potions and maybe use an injury kit or two it just becomes more frustrating than fun. One even got me stuck in a death loop as the campfire was right next to where the mobs were. I died like 3 times before I just closed out of them game and came back later. That's pretty much when I swore off bothering with the Foundry daliies. The only one I actually found decent was the Bills Tavern one but you can only do the same mission so many times.
  • Options
    cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After you hit 60 you get all your gear and stop. Then you look at yourself and go wow I'm so OP. Next, you go to www.mmorpg.com and read reviews about other games. Then you say to yourself glad I only spent a few dollars on this game what a sad end game.

But before you leave the game you read some forum posts and try to convince yourself that's it's only Beta. Maybe I should stay and be totally bored I mean its what the other players are doing these days? Then you realize you weren't stupid enough to but a founders pack because your a veteran mmoer and know that's a major **** move.

Sadly, you uninstall find another game and remember old Neverwinter...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cera001 wrote: »
    After you hit 60 you get all your gear and stop. Then you look at yourself and go wow I'm so OP. Next, you go to www.mmorpg.com and read reviews about other games. Then you say to yourself glad I only spent a few dollars on this game what a sad end game.

But before you leave the game you read some forum posts and try to convince yourself that's it's only Beta. Maybe I should stay and be totally bored I mean its what the other players are doing these days? Then you realize you weren't stupid enough to but a founders pack because your a veteran mmoer and know that's a major **** move.

Sadly, you uninstall find another game and remember old Neverwinter...

While still continuing to post on the Neverwinter forums trying to convince everyone else how bad the game is.. Which sounds even more sad.
  • Options
    saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    While still continuing to post on the Neverwinter forums trying to convince everyone else how bad the game is.. Which sounds even more sad.

Better than still trying to hopelessly defend the trashcan game he wasted 200 dollars on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Better than still trying to hopelessly defend the trashcan game he wasted 200 dollars on.

Oh look another one. So bitter yet lounging around forums for a game you apparently hate. Continue with the hate while I continue having fun playing the game. You surely wont dampen my spirit any negative Nancy. Toodles!
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /grabs some popcorn.... Things are getting interesting here! Please continue! :)