test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

when game go's live will everything be wiped to 0

oolophooloph Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If so what will be the response from people now that real money is being spent on in game items, many of them are consumables that players may have used to advance their characters.
Post edited by ooloph on

Comments

• braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will be no more wipes, confirmed from devs many many many times.
  • pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will be no wipe, this is open beta which means basically "soft launch". There will be ongoing fixes and problems that arise and this is why its open beta. Closed betas are the betas which have wipes done before release or open beta.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ooloph wrote: »
    If so what will be the response from people now that real money is being spent on in game items, many of them are consumables that players may have used to advance their characters.

You are an idiot.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What matters is this, from the Terms of Service:

"16. Official Service and Beta Testing
    When playing some Beta Games, you may accumulate treasure, experience points, equipment, or other value or status indicators within the Beta test. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to novice status.
    "

and maybe this:
    braxzana wrote: »

... and I think you missed out a "many" in there too.
  • drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I searched "wipe" in the title. There's six pages of results. Your answer is there if you bother to look.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    braxzana wrote: »

This.. Cryptic has stated clearly many times that there will be no wipe between open beta and release.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, be nice!

I mean, why would someone be expected to search? Or look at faqs? Or expend any effort whatsoever to find out or even think about an answer?

Meanies.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013

Devs said no more wipes, but the bigger reason why; money is being exchanged for game materials. Big legal issues start if that happened.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Hey guys, be nice!

I mean, why would someone be expected to search? Or look at faqs? Or expend any effort whatsoever to find out or even think about an answer?

Meanies.
    I love the way you sat OP is lazy idiot.
    +1
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is live and charging money
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Or read TOS, oh wait...

This is what you get when you have a fake beta.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Devs said no more wipes, but the bigger reason why; money is being exchanged for game materials. Big legal issues start if that happened.

Actually no, they dont. You pay for pixels, the devs hold the power of what happens to those pixels. If they pick your name out of a hat and decide to delete your pixels, you take it and you like it, there is no lawsuit there.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Actually no, they dont. You pay for pixels, the devs hold the power of what happens to those pixels. If they pick your name out of a hat and decide to delete your pixels, you take it and you like it, there is no lawsuit there.

Yep gotta love armchair attorneys. OMG contact BBB, Class action!!!!

Empty threats from pathetic people.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, when the game goes live everything will be wiped. you'll lose all your characters, AD and zen.
  • oolophooloph Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Hey guys, be nice!

Meanies.

k thanks. your unsolicited superior wisdom in the only acceptable ways to do things is greatly appreciated.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    k thanks. your unsolicited superior wisdom in the only acceptable ways to do things is greatly appreciated.

Once you post here every reply is solicited whether you like it or not. The act of posting is soliciting for responses. This shouldn't be a hard concept to understand.

They are not planning on wiping. Period.

IF they did wipe they would need to refund every last Zen that every non-banned account has spent if they hoped to have people spend any more money on the game.
    That would still cost them players as people would be upset about them wiping after repeatedly saying that they wouldn't, and forcing players to do whatever they would need to do to re-level and re-equip their characters.

Further, it would cause their income to slow to a crawl as the people that have demonstrated a willingness to spend money would be sitting on a big pile of 'free' Zen from the refunds.

It ain't happening. The truth is out there for those people willing to open their eyes.
    edited May 2013
    Once you post here every reply is solicited whether you like it or not. The act of posting is soliciting for responses. This shouldn't be a hard concept to understand.

Only half true, replies concerning the possibility of a reset when the game went live and the ramifications on zen purchases that would have were solicited. Was it troll bait? yes. Did I bite? yes. The hypocricy was just to much to let go. My forum behavior was being ridiculed because I asked about something that, apparently, is old news here, by someone who is going out of their way to be an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. This shouldn't be a hard concept to understand.

As someone who decided this morning to look into the issue and figure it out, thank you for your reply my eyes are wide open.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And the fool opens his mouth again, and confirms.
    edited May 2013
    Only half true, replies concerning the possibility of a reset when the game went live and the ramifications on zen purchases that would have were solicited. Was it troll bait? yes. Did I bite? yes. The hypocricy was just to much to let go, My forum behavior was being called into question because I asked a something that apparently is old news here by someone who is going out of their way to be an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. This shouldn't be a hard concept to understand.

As someone who decided this morning to look into the issue and figure it out, thank you for your reply my eyes are wide open.

You started this thread with trolling as the purpose. Screw off.
  • trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    they have a track of how much zen you bought and such and would give you said zen back.

If not this company would have a huge lawsuit filed against them pretty quick
    edited May 2013
    You started this thread with trolling as the purpose. Screw off.

uh what?! no I didn't I honestly wanted to know the answer I only found out about the games 2 weeks ago.
  • trannysupergaytrannysupergay Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I am all for a fresh start. Then the exploiters could start all over again and ruin it for everyone else once again.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uh what?! no I didn't I honestly wanted to know the answer I only found out about the games 2 weeks ago.

Ugh i made this exact same thread and it got closed in 5 minutes...

Darn you aandrethegiant!
    edited May 2013

Then you should have taken 10 seconds to look at the forum before making a new thread. The topic has hundreds if not thousands of threads here.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipe
    Nope not wiping
    No more wipes

And no I don't think there will be any more wipes.
    edited May 2013
    Then you should have taken 10 seconds to look at the forum before making a new thread. The topic has hundreds if not thousands of threads here.

thanks for your wisdom on the only acceptable way to do things.
    edited May 2013
    Ok this is getting silly apparently this is some kind of hot button issue, so thank you to anyone who was helpful.
    edited May 2013
    thanks for your wisdom on the only acceptable way to do things.

You're welcome. Someday maybe you'll learn how to use a forum.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cryptic and PWE get part of the blame though. This confusion is entirely due to their ridiculous idea of calling this 'beta.' If they had just put on their big-boy pants and called it live, there'd be a whole lot less confusion.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is live. This is a production version of their product. The "Open Beta" tag, which is becoming industry standard for F2P games, gives them an out to make drastic changes as needed and continue to sell Founder's Packs indefinitely. The isn't the first game and won't be the last to use this angle to their advantage.
This discussion has been closed.