test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Items in Neverwinter's Zen Market: Tomb Spider Companion and More!

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gomok72 wrote: »
    They won't get another cent out of me until they add the other two classes, Drow and companions that can actually hit rank 60 along with me.

A companion rank equals two character levels, so the purple companions with a max rank of 30 are the same as level 60.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morvek01 wrote: »
    Spider is not a controller, it's a striker. In no way does it do any type of 'control' mechanic. rake and bite are dps skills from your own descriptions of the skills themselves. Bring back the ghost companion that was around during beta. The ghost was an actual controller type companion.

If you notice, the Control wizard in game is a striker to, Hit almost as hard as Rogues with my abilities (I have to depend on these because my control abilities suck balls and half *** work as described.).
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's amazing how many people think that the bug fixes won't get done because another team is working on adding new stuff for us.

It's as if people think only one person is developing the game or something.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's amazing how many people think that the bug fixes won't get done because another team is working on adding new stuff for us.

It's as if people think only one person is developing the game or something.

It's amazing how they're adding new items for customers to buy in the shop and people still think this is an open beta, too.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "Hey guyz! We dun got new things fer you to buy! But we refuse to ban bots that you've been playing against for the last 20 levels!"

zb0riO0.png

"Not to mention the fact that exploiters aren't even worried about being caught because they've figured out what we've known since day one! WE WON'T BAN EM! Watch as this one plays and entire round of PVP with his shield never dropping while spamming dailies! Did we mention he's not wearing armors? All the best 'hax00rs' know armor is for plebeians!"

z8h9AwF.png

"So please continue sending us yer support tickets, so we can continue to add more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that people won't buy and sustain an in game economy that makes North Korea look civilized!

Love, PWE/Cryptic...

We don't always care, but when we do... we really don't."
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "Not to mention the fact that exploiters aren't even worried about being caught because they've figured out what we've known since day one! WE WON'T BAN EM! Watch as this one plays and entire round of PVP with his shield never dropping while spamming dailies! Did we mention he's not wearing armors? All the best 'hax00rs' know armor is for plebeians!"

When you switch to the Social Clothing tab and you have no items in the three social clothing slots, you appear naked with just the weapon when you are in combat. All the benefits of the armor and gear still apply and it is merely a visual effect. This is a feature so that players can use social clothing even during combat.
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    When you switch to the Social Clothing tab and you have no items in the three social clothing slots, you appear naked with just the weapon when you are in combat. All the benefits of the armor and gear still apply and it is merely a visual effect. This is a feature so that players can use social clothing even during combat.

Good to know, now explain why he and his team had no cool downs and spammed dailies on a timer of 1 second.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    zxetzxet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    more junk on the zen market you guys need to get your heads on straight and fix all the crappy issues with DC threat and GF no threat, GWF dps being crappy..... just saying
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good to know, now explain why he and his team had no cool downs and spammed dailies on a timer of 1 second.

Your screenshot doesn't show that.
  • Options
    nowenowe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Way to fix the game Cryptic. Way to go. /sarcasm
    nowesig2.png
  • Options
    dithrindithrin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the people saying fix the game first. You do realize there are different departments that handle different aspects of the game. The team that handles the zen shop is not the team programing the game to fix the bugs. Yes there are bugs that need taken care of, and if you read they are working on them. This is actually one game where they keep you up to date with what they are doing (yes with some vague answers sometimes, but they are still communicating with the player base).
  • Options
    viirilitasviirilitas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is that spider a controller? It has two single target damage abilities? One of them is a dot so that makes it a controller? Come on. Here we have a perfect opportunity for a web style ability which would actually control things and its just a striker with bad stats?
  • Options
    viirilitasviirilitas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, all you people whining about them adding this instead of fixing bugs? Those are completely different things.

An animator, a modeler and a designer (sets up the powers and probably picks sounds) that's all they assign to make a companion. Those three guys have absolutely nothing to do with the auction house or the zen market. They couldn't help even if they wanted to. They'd need to learn new jobs(which would take months) in order to even attempt anything. Basically, you're just saying they should move their work to some later patch and you'll only see bug-fixes.

Of course, that would mean the work of 50-75% of their team won't be seen for months until every last bug is fixed.
  • Options
    grizzlyvgrizzlyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More pink dies? Don't we have enough pink?
  • Options
    douchemaggotdouchemaggot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is good to see PWE working hard on the core mechanics of the game and putting in extra effort to make sure the code has proper unit testing and QA measures, instead of you know throwing more cash grabs at the already thrilled customers....
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dithrin wrote: »
    To all the people saying fix the game first. You do realize there are different departments that handle different aspects of the game. The team that handles the zen shop is not the team programing the game to fix the bugs. Yes there are bugs that need taken care of, and if you read they are working on them. This is actually one game where they keep you up to date with what they are doing (yes with some vague answers sometimes, but they are still communicating with the player base).
    You are correct, many of us are aware that there are different teams. The point is it looks bad to not only the player base, but the reviewers as well, which help attract new players. For some people perception is reality, and if they perceive bad tech support they will tell their friends, which is also bad for business, probably worse than a bad review.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    preciousfaithpreciousfaith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    does the damage of companions still suck vs level 60 mobs though? my Dire Wolf hits for 150 damage and its level 30 with full purples.

I think your community is crying out for some swift glitch/bug justice, from looking through the forums I can see most people want these 'easy mode' bugs fixed and harder instances balanced so you don't need to take a certain group build
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dithrin wrote: »

Are you referring to the producers letter in regards to keeping us up to date? He basically rolled off a number of issues that they were aware of and thats it. No time frames, no order of priority no guarantee even of anything even being fixed.

This game needs bug fixes not new items in the store. Currently there is a loading bug in game which they know about yet there is still no fix for it, yes I am aware there are work around methods for it, but none of them are overly convenient. And if you happen to forget to not log out in PE . . .

This game is in serious need of Bug fixes, new content, communication regarding pricing in game and in the store and yet we get a new store items. Way to Go!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You are correct, many of us are aware that there are different teams. The point is it looks bad to not only the player base, but the reviewers as well, which help attract new players.

It does not look bad to anyone who has even the most basic understanding of how games are produced and understands that artists have nothing to do with bug fixes or game balancing. Not to mention that it is possible that the Zen store items were produced months ago already. They are almost certainly not sitting down on Monday and debate what items they could release on the next day.

This game is F2P.

Perhaps I would agree with the "looking bad" part if this was a subscription-based MMO with a $60 upfront cost. But then I would feel that any kind of cash store would look bad. This is not the case here. In fact, if you want bugs to get fixed and more work being done on the game, you should be grateful for any opportunity that allows people to spend money. You don't have to spend money, but others will and that does benefit you, too.

(I would instantly hand over money for navy/midnight blue dyes!)
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd wager that more people, including myself, would spend more moeny on this game if it actually felt like things were getting fixed and the issues in game are being addressed. However apart from the producers letter that painted a picture in broad strokes there is little to no communication on what and when we can expect in terms of bug fixes, game balancing and new content etc etc. Instead they are happy to continue to put items in the cash shop, whooo!!

All I want is the stupid loading bug to be fixed already. And yes, I can currently not get back in game :/
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raaize wrote: »

All I want is the stupid loading bug to be fixed already. And yes, I can currently not get back in game :/

While the bug sucks and needs to be fixed soon, have you tried logging in with safe mode on?
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sorry Cryptic/PWE but I'm not giving you anymore money till you give me things i want. . .

E.G. : in no apparent order

1)>fix the glaringly obvious bugs
    2)>decent healer/support companions
    3)>a new class(the ones that were data mined;warlock ranger paladin, would be nice)
    4)>endgame
    5)>class balance
    6)>a new lockbox
    7)>ban bots and exploiters
    8)>companion upgrade books
    9)>fix the economy
    10)>buy me a pony

Yes yes I know, you are only releasing existing stuff ( it was available in CBW 3 ) so your work on other stuff hasn't been impeeded but In all honesty i would settle for any two on the list , until then no soup for you!
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    please concentrate on major things like bugs, exploits, class balance, aggro system, endgame (!!!) before u start adding new stuff into ZEN market.
  • Options
    marcostroopermarcostrooper Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the Courier mail, i have lost items sending for me attach on mail ... and put more items for gold, coins and AD
  • Options
    pestilencezichpestilencezich Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm the game is free and playing it is free, but people are complaining that Cryptic is adding stuff to the zenmarket.

Grow up people.

First of they don't want to rip you of or anything, but ofcourse the people making the game need to get paid. I bet most here complaining haven't spend a single buck and still they are complaining like they are owed anything at all.

Second it's BETA. Ohh you heard that already? It means the game is not finished. You don't want bugs? Stop playing and wait till they release the game. At the moment you should expect bugs.

*walks away grumbling about ungratefull people*
  • Options
    chozanonechozanone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    Thanks, but... why don't you focus on fixing the issues the great majority of the community are reporting, instead of adding in MORE ways to cash us in?

It really hurts the "view" we players have of your company. It even hurts professional reviewer's views as well, as said by many reviewers.

Please dont listen to idiots like this, Warcraft has spent the last two years fixing bugs and putting virtually no new stuff in the game. And that is exactly why the game is failing, please continue to add more classes and not sweat the small stuff. Game Balancing is never as important as new stuff for players to do, there is no such thing as a perfectly balanced MMO. He even said "ill play offline", consider that, he should just go play an offline game where the developers can focus just on "his hero" instead of the needs of the many.

- your game has a low amount of classes
    - but your game is hot and fun, many are playing it
    -if you waste your time balancing and fixing minor bugs without adding new content the only players you will have left is turds like this guy complaining because his sword doesnt hit as hard as his friends dagger or some minor glitch that can be fixed along the way. Please dont focus an entire team on tiny bugs, blizzard has ruined their community by chasing complainers like this, instead of adding new classes or new character models they have spent time fixing content that is 5 years old that not a soul plays.

Why you ask? because of stupid comments like this, please do not chase it. Chances are this guy is still an active WOW subscriber who is happy with content updates every two years
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    It does not look bad to anyone who has even the most basic understanding of how games are produced and understands that artists have nothing to do with bug fixes or game balancing. Not to mention that it is possible that the Zen store items were produced months ago already. They are almost certainly not sitting down on Monday and debate what items they could release on the next day.
    BLUF: Adding things to the Zen Store does not impede bug fixes.

In case you haven't noticed many of the posters here do not have that basic understanding. As I went on to say for those people "Perception is reality". They perceive money grabbing, so that is what they will tell their equally ignorant (as opposed to stupid) friends. That is the problem. Personally I don't care if they do or do not add items to the Zen store at the moment. I am pleased that some bugs/exploits are being fixed rather than ignored, since I am aware that bug chasing can be a long and tedious affair. Frankly I am tired of all the complainers that are upset a certain bug was not fixed. Not everything can be repaired at the same time. While Cryptic is not the smallest company out there, but they don't have a "Cast of thousands" working behind the scenes either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dragonking741dragonking741 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blazing992 wrote: »
    instead of adding more useless "offencive" pets you should fix the ridiculous lag spikes of 0fps in combat.

You should check your end first, I never have lag spikes and I run the highest settings....
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First of all people, them releasing new "scheduled" items doesn't mean they're not working on fixing the **** game.

They're completely seperate.

That said however : you should really fix companion dmg if you want to sell us striker companions, companions are still considered lvl 30 and not 60, so they lose half their damage against high level mobs making them completely useless.

Also, why is this pet considered a controller when all it does is do dmg?

Also why is it 2500 zen instead of 2000 like other rare/blue companions? Especially when this one doesn't even seem useful.
  • Options
    k0llz77k0llz77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chozanone wrote: »
    Please dont listen to idiots like this, Warcraft has spent the last two years fixing bugs and putting virtually no new stuff in the game. And that is exactly why the game is failing, please continue to add more classes and not sweat the small stuff. Game Balancing is never as important as new stuff for players to do, there is no such thing as a perfectly balanced MMO. He even said "ill play offline", consider that, he should just go play an offline game where the developers can focus just on "his hero" instead of the needs of the many.

- your game has a low amount of classes
    - but your game is hot and fun, many are playing it
    -if you waste your time balancing and fixing minor bugs without adding new content the only players you will have left is turds like this guy complaining because his sword doesnt hit as hard as his friends dagger or some minor glitch that can be fixed along the way. Please dont focus an entire team on tiny bugs, blizzard has ruined their community by chasing complainers like this, instead of adding new classes or new character models they have spent time fixing content that is 5 years old that not a soul plays.

Why you ask? because of stupid comments like this, please do not chase it. Chances are this guy is still an active WOW subscriber who is happy with content updates every two years

Oh boy..an idiot criticizing another..ALL BUGS NEED TO BE FIXED..EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE BALANCED..THE NEEDS OF SOME ARE NOT GREATER NOR LESSER THAN THOSE OF OTHERS..EVERY OPINION COUNTS..!!!