test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How much Zen for the dollar?

therealalientherealalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Say I spend 10 dollars on Zen. How much Zen do I get? There is no info on the website that tells you how much you get.
Post edited by therealalien on

Comments

• xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's 1000 zen for $10 (1$ = 100 zen)
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 zen = 1 penny.
    There is a bonus for spending $50+, and you can get a 15% bonus when they have specials.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes 1 Z == 1 cent in USA money.
    Making each loot you get $1.25 to open, etc.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a lot of patience so I usually wait for a sale before buying Zen. You also be "bonus" Zen when buying larger amount.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • shakar01shakar01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It actually tells you how much the amount you're spending gives when you're about to make the purchase. You click 'Charge Zen', enter in your billing info, then choose which amount you're wanting from what I've seen. Of course, it would be better the other way around with the amount first and then the billing info...
  • runeknight95runeknight95 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It actually doesnt tell you until you go through hoops lmao thanks for the answers!
  • jackshiznitjackshiznit Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It actually doesnt tell you until you go through hoops lmao thanks for the answers!

Which is exactly why I never bought any and never will. Shady marketing...

I honestly don't know why a large studio such as Cryptic, with a game as good as Neverwinter, wants to alienate 90% of people with their shady, pon-site-esque marketing and checkout system.

I mean, if they want to cater to a bunch of hooky-playing, ready to drop-out social rejects, and palest of the pale, never leave the basement, tentacle <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nerds-- people who have no income, and leave the honest-working day wakers with good credit and discretionary income out in the cold, more power to 'em!

I'd have blown $200-300 on this game already if they just would have been upfront.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nice necro, I have seen better, but not bad.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I honestly don't know why a large studio such as Cryptic, with a game as good as Neverwinter, wants to alienate 90% of people with their shady, pon-site-esque marketing and checkout system.

I mean, if they want to cater to a bunch of hooky-playing, ready to drop-out social rejects, and palest of the pale, never leave the basement, tentacle <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nerds-- people who have no income, and leave the honest-working day wakers with good credit and discretionary income out in the cold, more power to 'em!

I'd have blown $200-300 on this game already if they just would have been upfront.

huh? shady? The purchase of Zen is pretty much straight up. They use Skrill and Paypal since both company can deal with all charging issue readily. Now if you are talking about the promo zen, that is a different company. I never use them personally.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

If by "hoops" you mean clicking once on what you plan to pay for it with (paypal, bill to mobile, etc) then yeah... Prices can be different depending on what you use to pay (see the two bill to mobile options). I don't think they are misleading people at all...
    Which is exactly why I never bought any and never will. Shady marketing... I'd have blown $200-300 on this game already if they just would have been upfront.

They have nothing to gain by not being up front, you choose your payment method and then decide how much you want to buy...pretty straight forward actually. Stop whining.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Was waiting for someone to take the opportunity to slam the Zen Shop with an unrelated post. The community on this forum is so predictible, and so butthurt. It's pathetic.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    Was waiting for someone to take the opportunity to slam the Zen Shop with an unrelated post. The community on this forum is so predictible, and so butthurt. It's pathetic.

And there is a reason people are upset. Being predictable, with the way this company is handling the problems, isn't pathetic. It's a natural response to bad business practices. You call them butthurt. They call you an a**-kisser.

Now, imagine how many angry posts you would see if more people posted on the forums, instead of just giving up.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I get most of my zen with zen cards . as game cards have be come the standard holiday gift idea in my household for valentines day I got the hero of the orth pack and hubby im sure felt it was money well spent as he is STILL getting love from it.

this makes it very clear 10$=1000zen though I can often take 1000 zen and triple it buying and selling stuff on the AH legitimately by using a simple calculator and spreadsheet to make sure im getting the best value for my AD.
    edited June 2013
    And there is a reason people are upset. Being predictable, with the way this company is handling the problems, isn't pathetic. It's a natural response to bad business practices.

I think you have way too much faith in the community of the free MMO...most people are mega predictable and butt hurt whiners.
    edited June 2013
    d
    I get most of my zen with zen cards . as game cards have be come the standard holiday gift idea in my household for valentines day I got the hero of the orth pack and hubby im sure felt it was money well spent as he is STILL getting love from it.

this makes it very clear 10$=1000zen though I can often take 1000 zen and triple it buying and selling stuff on the AH legitimately by using a simple calculator and spreadsheet to make sure im getting the best value for my AD.

^this.

I really can't understand how someone would seriously argue that they "would have spent 200 dollars on Zen" but didn't because the system in place is somehow "Shady" (which it is not.) More nonsensical butt hurt whining by someone who obviously likes the game based on how much real world money he/she "would have" purchased...this community (as many others) is much more endangering to the success of this game than the company making it...duh.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    d

^this.

I really can't understand how someone would seriously argue that they "would have spent 200 dollars on Zen" but didn't because the system in place is somehow "Shady" (which it is not.) More nonsensical butt hurt whining by someone who obviously likes the game based on how much real world money he/she "would have" purchased...this community (as many others) is much more endangering to the success of this game than the company making it...duh.

You can't honestly think that the community is more of a danger to this game than the company that put it out.

Think about how it would have worked if they didn't charge so much for meaningless pixels, didn't charge at all during "open beta", free respecs to test the game out during "open beta", and on and on. Most people want to have fun in video games. Some think of it as a job. Fun isn't trying to figure out what hour DD is on so I can get a chance at that one non-worthless item, sell it, and buy a respec that shouldn't cost a thing. That's just an example. You can't please everyone, but please the majority. And, the majority here is not pleased with this game. I hate to break it to you. If more posted, instead of not caring enough to take the time, it would show. Bad product - upset community. They could have saved themselves by not charging for anything, until the game was actually released.

If I buy a car and the axle was incorrectly cast, and was weakened, should I have to pay to fix it myself? Should I have to pay again when they put the new part in, from the same worthless batch?
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Be happy you live in USA and you can buy zen for $.

As usually we in Europe are screwed up and our ratio is just 100 zen = 1 EUR

I am coming from country where 1 $ = 19 CZK and 1 EUR = 26 CZK..

So just because I am from Europe the whole Neverwinter is 25% more expensive?

Fck them ;)
  • ph03nixsaph03nixsa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah $1 = R10 in South Africa .. so these pay at merchs for items type games really becomes an expensive exercise which is not worth while at all. Only games that are worth while are the monthly subscriptions but even those are starting to get expensive $199 a month is about R1990 a month .. I know of better things to do with R1990 a month.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Tell us how you really feel. There is no need to into the basement man.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • kriskahkriskah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    HOW MANY ZEN CAN I GET FOR A DOLLAR?? As an adult gamer, with a job and disposable income, I would suggest a more informative and shopper friendly way to sell their Zen. I am another person who went to check out my options with the intent to buy Zen today! BUT.. I can not find a catalog or pricelist of any kind to get an idea of what I would like to start out with, BAD BUSINESS MOVE GUYS... if u wanna bank this game... GET THAT FIXED!!!!!
  • shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Say I spend 10 dollars on Zen. How much Zen do I get? There is no info on the website that tells you how much you get.

Click on which payment option you want to do and look. It is simple math.

xjcq08vcx8mouqgcr2lw.png
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Up until the end of this month, buying Ultimate Game Cards at your local gaming store (Gamestop or whatever) and then charging your Zen purchase with that will give you the most for your money, 15% on top of the regular bonus from PW. Yeah, you have to leave the comfort of your favorite gaming chair to go out and buy them and then come back home, but hey, buy $50 of game card and get $61.50 worth of Zen(your $50, PW's $7 and UGC $3.50). Pretty smart way to do it. That, and there are the "free" ways to earn Zen with the surveys and junk. I did a few of those in about an hour and made $5 worth of Zen, enough for 4 keys to lockboxes...
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kriskah wrote: »
    HOW MANY ZEN CAN I GET FOR A DOLLAR?? As an adult gamer, with a job and disposable income, I would suggest a more informative and shopper friendly way to sell their Zen. I am another person who went to check out my options with the intent to buy Zen today! BUT.. I can not find a catalog or pricelist of any kind to get an idea of what I would like to start out with, BAD BUSINESS MOVE GUYS... if u wanna bank this game... GET THAT FIXED!!!!!
    The payment screen tells you exactly how much you get, it's about as simple as it's possible to get without someone calling to tell you...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    The payment screen tells you exactly how much you get, it's about as simple as it's possible to get without someone calling to tell you...

LOL. Don't give Cryptic any ideas!
  • splinespidersplinespider Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agreed, I just backed out on buying ZEN because I couldn't get any info on the exchange rate. Like Im going to buy something and not have an idea of what I am getting till after I buy it?!?!
  • frostking187frostking187 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree also - I wouldn't say it is shady but I had to google search it to find out the zen exchange. And then on top of that you may need to know the zen to astral diamond exchange depending on the premium items you want. Some people tend to enjoy the online game economy - but not everyone wants to apply microeconomics to their game.
  • korora61korora61 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It keeps asking me to choose a server, I cannot find a server name anywhere? Any help? Thanks!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    *shakes his head* Kelemvor will bring his wrath on threads raised from the dead!! After 30 days from the last post, please start a new thread or find a more active, recent thread for your inquiry.

Anywho, though, you'll see "Neverwinter" for both game and server choice. FYI: The exchange rate for ZEN in USD is ALWAYS $1 USD = 100 ZEN before any promotions are applied to your purchase.

Exchange rates for other countries are displayed BEFORE the payment is actually processed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.