test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

While you're burning down...

jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hola Neverwinter Communitay.

And now, my message towards thy Devs:

While you may (or may not) know, your game is slowly crashing before even a month of being in Open Beta. Light is shining onto your major bugs (which have been fixed, but never unnoticed to the community) of and pertaining to your Auction House, AD, Damage, Skipping through dungeons to the boss, and whatever else I may have missed- Which has cut into and costed much time and effort by the community. As you fall, it is a very hard thing to watch. Having been waiting for a good new MMO, I feel let down by your small amount of content, and overall effort, of even making an MMO that could LAST up to a year. What you have created holds about 2 months of content, far far less if you pay and play many hours a week. You have failed miserably and it looks like you've never made an MMO in your life.

I will admit, while playing this game for the first week, I was enchanted and in love with this game. Now I've been slowing down, playing every now and then (logging in about every 3 days, to find another 200mb patch almost everytime (which is a lot of mess-ups or changes, even for open beta (as problems should have been caught in beta))) I will continue to log in and watch this massive pile burn down before my very eyes.

The final part is the foundry, which I was oh-so-happy to try out, is also very bad and poorly designed. The evidence is the foundry, go to the Foundry and try setting up a good single boss fight, or something that isn't too buggy. Good luck.

My suggestion to you: While your MMO is near impossible to be fixed, what I see as a viable option (as used in early Rome while it was falling apart) is hold a summer event, with repeatable quests, missions, a new enemies to fight for a few weeks. Doing this players could receive some summer-ish rewards, maybe Druid-styled. Who knows. While the community is enjoying it, (the, probably poorly-made event) you could go ahead and tweak the game and add some new PvP maps, and some cool after-game content for level 60's who get tired of dungeons and raids.

Thank you all so very much
Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
Post edited by jjb828 on

Comments

• jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would also like to add, your money hungry greediness does not help you in the MMO world here. Every other update is to the Zen market, you look bad.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jjb828 wrote: »
    I would also like to add, your money hungry greediness does not help you in the MMO world here. Every other update is to the Zen market, you look bad.

16 patches.

3 Zen market updates.

Hyperbole much?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Complaining about a Free2Play game is like complaining about the free fireworks show not having enough fireworks. If you don't like it: go somewhere else
    edited May 2013
    Everybody will go somewhere else when the game dies off :)
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    16 patches.

3 Zen market updates.

Hyperbole much?

This.... FTW
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    16 patches.

3 Zen market updates.

Hyperbole much?

16 minor bug fix patches
    NO content patches
    3 Zen market patches.

See a problem?
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hola Neverwinter Communitay.

And now, my message towards thy Devs:

While you may (or may not) know, your game is slowly crashing before even a month of being in Open Beta. Light is shining onto your major bugs (which have been fixed, but never unnoticed to the community) of and pertaining to your Auction House, AD, Damage, Skipping through dungeons to the boss, and whatever else I may have missed- Which has cut into and costed much time and effort by the community. As you fall, it is a very hard thing to watch. Having been waiting for a good new MMO, I feel let down by your small amount of content, and overall effort, of even making an MMO that could LAST up to a year. What you have created holds about 2 months of content, far far less if you pay and play many hours a week. You have failed miserably and it looks like you've never made an MMO in your life.

I will admit, while playing this game for the first week, I was enchanted and in love with this game. Now I've been slowing down, playing every now and then (logging in about every 3 days, to find another 200mb patch almost everytime (which is a lot of mess-ups or changes, even for open beta (as problems should have been caught in beta))) I will continue to log in and watch this massive pile burn down before my very eyes.

The final part is the foundry, which I was oh-so-happy to try out, is also very bad and poorly designed. The evidence is the foundry, go to the Foundry and try setting up a good single boss fight, or something that isn't too buggy. Good luck.

My suggestion to you: While your MMO is near impossible to be fixed, what I see as a viable option (as used in early Rome while it was falling apart) is hold a summer event, with repeatable quests, missions, a new enemies to fight for a few weeks. Doing this players could receive some summer-ish rewards, maybe Druid-styled. Who knows. While the community is enjoying it, (the, probably poorly-made event) you could go ahead and tweak the game and add some new PvP maps, and some cool after-game content for level 60's who get tired of dungeons and raids.

Thank you all so very much

You seem to think beta was tested. Closed beta had a maximum level of 40 until weekend 3. then it was level 50. level 60 was never tested. only by the alpha testers.

• edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    klipsta wrote: »
    Complaining about a Free2Play game is like complaining about the free fireworks show not having enough fireworks. If you don't like it: go somewhere else

Great attitude, guess in your opinion nobody is entitled to give their opinion in hopes the developers will listen and try to make said game better.

Oh, you're the same guy that called this game NWO. Lol, troll on.
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    16 minor bug fix patches
    NO content patches
    3 Zen market patches.

See a problem?

So you'd rather they kept all the game breaking bugs and release a new class or zone? See a problem?

Also, it's pretty rare to see a game release content patches within the first month.
  • arntoyarntoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm definitely enjoying the game, but yeah it is sad how greedy they are.. :(
    As a GWF, this is how I beat TR/CW!

[frnXxyM.gif
  • lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love doomsayer posts. I'm not tired of them at all.
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Stopped reading there. You're just another dumb **** who thinks he knows what he's talking about.

Clearly we aren't playing the same game if you think the direction we're heading in is the right direction.

PvP, end game content, and all these bugs that have been showing up are fine with you? Fair enough, play on. If you think the amount of content this game has is enough to keep this "MMO" going, then more power to you- but you haven't played enough MMO's in that case.

And thank you for complementing my so called Doomsayer post, even if people who have played other MMO's that were at least DECENT could notice the same problems this game has. Terribly greedy, and not very good at making end game content OR holding out against superior MMO's
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clearly we aren't playing the same game if you think the direction we're heading in is the right direction.

PvP, end game content, and all these bugs that have been showing up are fine with you? Fair enough, play on. If you think the amount of content this game has is enough to keep this "MMO" going, then more power to you- but you haven't played enough MMO's in that case.

And thank you for complementing my so called Doomsayer post, even if people who have played other MMO's that were at least DECENT could notice the same problems this game has. Terribly greedy, and not very good at making end game content OR holding out against superior MMO's

Just another blizzard fanboy who misclicked the WoW icon and accidentally opened NW...

Nothing to see here.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    16 minor bug fix patches
    NO content patches
    3 Zen market patches.

See a problem?

Players who expect everything now and don't realise that Cryptic are being kept to a release schedule concerning the C-Store by their PWE overlords?

I've played other decent MMOs and I'm seeing the same Doom on the forums as I see on every MMO forum since I started playing CoX in Issue 7. All's your post comes across as is a kid crying that Cryptic isn't doing everything that they want them to do.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    16 minor bug fix patches
    NO content patches
    3 Zen market patches.

See a problem?

Rogues crashing everyone in pvp-minor bug.
    GFs one shotting everything in pve-minor bug.
    Bosses being one shotted-minor bug.
    Dupe explits being fixed-minor bug.

Definitely minor bug they are fixing.
    And if you expect content patch within ONE MONTH of release, then you sir are beyond hopeless.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great attitude, guess in your opinion nobody is entitled to give their opinion in hopes the developers will listen and try to make said game better.
    Rants != "giving opinion in effort to make game better". It's pointless rage. Hilarious, but useless.
    Oh, you're the same guy that called this game NWO. Lol, troll on.
    Lol what, I call it NWO too. It's NeverWinter Online. Not sure what the problem is.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    16 minor bug fix patches
    NO content patches
    3 Zen market patches.

See a problem?

Not really. I'm sure these items have already been made in advance all they have to do is stick them in there. And if they're not I seriously doubt they take time away from the coders. Some artists and animators perhaps but that's about it. Do people honestly think the whole company of developers is focused on making zen store items? It's a ludicrous notion.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if all these bugs and fixes werent dealt with in the alphas makes you wonder what the alphas were doing, playing blindfolded maybe, or maybe the devs just didnt listen, it seems to be getting worse with open betas.

Use to be an open beta would be to test server load, everything else should have been tested to the enth degree but last few open betas i have played were barely passable.

this makes me think we consumers need to grow a backbone and start telling them to atleast finish a product before getting anyone to test it.

this isnt just pwe all mmo's are guilty of only making a breadcrumb of the game then while they have some players buying stuff in cash shops talking about the game good or bad pr is still good pr gets it talked about then they start looking at the problems and maybe finishing the content i dunno about everyone else but when i start a project i finish it.
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I disagree with most of what has been said by the OP, I do agree that this game will become a lot less populated the moment a new F2P MMO is released. Aside from those who have spent money, there is nothing to keep the majority of players here for the long-term, aside from the prospect of more content in the future.

I'm actually looking forward to it though, as I'll get to play the game with people who actually want to be here, rather than those who are only here because it's latest MMO. The latter are those who roll need on everything, and rush to the end of all content without pausing for breath, I can't wait til they're gone.
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming that you are a clueless scrub.

Thanks for playing.

Clueless scrub? :cool: Looks like another person who is mindlessly following Neverwinter and it's Devs like it's a god. Continue on then, pal, obviously you are new to the MMO world.

Also, I don't even play WoW. I've played it for a total of about 5 hours at my uncles house across the past what.. 5 years? And it was when he showed me some cool and new features of the game. He's old but hell, he has better taste and can see a better MMO then this.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In response to what was tested in the Alphas :

We didn't have full set items, kinda hard to test the GF bug.

I came across the TR DC bug in PvP, but I assumed it was my connection or the servers were iffy at that time.

Dungeons were released one Alpha date at a time, and most people were DOING THE DUNGEONS. Not trying to exploit our way to the last boss. Maybe some people were, but most people were testing the content.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the auction house wasn't available in the early Alphas, not sure about the later ones.

Not sure if I'm circumventing the NDA, but lots of bugs were reported resolved during Alpha stages. I personally reported tons of UI bugs, most that were fixed, some that aren't yet. If you guys think this beta build is broken: I would have hated to see how you reacted to the Alphas.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    this thread is more or less pointless and should be locked.
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    this thread is more or less pointless and should be locked.

same could be said for 90% of the threads on these forums.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Not really. I'm sure these items have already been made in advance all they have to do is stick them in there. And if they're not I seriously doubt they take time away from the coders. Some artists and animators perhaps but that's about it. Do people honestly think the whole company of developers is focused on making zen store items? It's a ludicrous notion.

actualy... I would say it was 100% the graphics team that did the Zen update... can't have them sit doing nothing,

+companion? Ion stone... use same "colision box as other stone, chage what stat name is effected, and change color... boom new Z store companion

mounts

take an existing mount colision box, give it the "copy/paste" stats of the proper rareaty, and make "new graphics"

dye packs?

.... new graphics... well change the "colors that any other dye pack would have made items become... since the colors actualy was already there. (simply a 1 pack, instead of 3 bottle to dye)
    _______

all of it only requires very little programing, and a lot of graphics knowledge, so ya, the Graphics department did them while the heavy programers fixed the bugs.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    same could be said for 90% of the threads on these forums.

And this one is belonging to the % of them that are worthless flame bait.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do not create "Doom" threads. Here's the alternative:

1) I'm going to ask that you focus more on what you want Neverwinter to be, and not what you don't want it it to be.

2) I'm going to close this thread now so we can start over, taking the above point into account.

Thanks,

Aandre
    PWE Community Moderator

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.