test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5 player Dungeon Delve=Impossible

Comments

• Options
    vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I have to disagree w/ you 100% on this one. I play a cleric and I have no problem SOLO healing any of the bosses in the game T1/T2's. Infact I refuse to run 2x clerics because I enjoy the challange of the game.

I think too many of you noobs are used to WOW where you go into a raid or dung and expect to just get handed loot and get marks of FAIL. WELCOME TO REAL GAMING. if you don't like it go back to WOW and don't ruin this game for the rest of us. Some of us enjoy a game w/ a challange and don't want it dumbed down to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mode. (Not saying you can't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot of these fights but its 200x more fun if you do them the right way)
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So basically, Vahlnn, to beat these bosses we have to spend real money or spend hours to get enough astral diamonds in an overly inflated economy to get equipment that is "good enough" to support us to defeat them? That is BS. And no, they've not all been beaten, or if they have then it had to be with some people who extreme materials and a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of support.

@monkjayn: BS, I'm calling it. If you've cleared all of them then you'd have some pretty epic stuff. What more, when you're level 41 you can't go into any other dungeons other than epic. The fact is, I know how to beat the boss, but when I don't have a reliable group or the people don't listen then it's impossible to do. And because the game isn't optimized or designed with scaling in mind when we only have four people or two people because the party decides to disband, the dungeon crawls go from "difficult" to no where near viable to play. In my last dungeon crawl against the wolf pack leader (lycanthropes) only the Tank and I were the last ones standing. Then it was just me, because I dodged and moved out of the way, even then. 6 monsters to one, each them so strong that it takes at least three people to kill just one is over powered. Period.

So, if you don't have a coordinated group with everyone doing what they're supposed to be doing you can't beat the dungeon. What a terrible way to design them. We should be able to pug every dungeon with any class combination! And we should be able to do it without having to communicate with our group mates!
  • Options
    silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited May 2013
    I hate that all these players just want their hand held thru content. Where is the sense of accomplishment in that? Here is some free advice to all you players out there, most of which has already been said.

1) Read about or watch a video of someone who has already cleared content.
    2) Don't random the instance and expect a free win, instead put a group together.
    3) Friend people who you've had good run experiences with, and run more with those people. Eventually you'll learn the encounter together and profit.
    4) Run easier stuff till you understand your class and have those encounters down before progressing to harder content.

The gear score is there to protect everyone. Think of it this way, if u went in to a job, and weren't prepared or qualified enough, they probably wouldn't of have hired you. Don't expect all players to go thru and teach you content, we don't get paid to train you and are looking to play this for fun. We've all done the learning bit on our own, so you can do that too. Usually in premade groups of people you've run with before and even new groups. If u take the time to ask a question, they'll take the time to explain it. Pugs kicking? I don't blame them.

Too all the rest who want to be carried thru and have their hand held for free loot, L2P or go find something else to do. This isn't "World of Carebear", you are not promised automatic gear. If your unwilling to put in the time and learn the encounters before you join a group or to master your own class mechanics in your own time, don't expect many of us to carry you thru.
  • Options
    vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    raal1 wrote: »
    So, if you don't have a coordinated group with everyone doing what they're supposed to be doing you can't beat the dungeon. What a terrible way to design them. We should be able to pug every dungeon with any class combination! And we should be able to do it without having to communicate with our group mates!

I would hope you would know before the first boss if your group is a bunch of R-Tards and your better off jumping back in another cue. No you don't need to spend anything to beat the bosses I have had no issue at all, and I run w/ pugs all the time. Sure sometimes a group falls apart cus someone can't get the strat down or doesn't know that RED=DEAD but that happens in any game.

But you should check w/ the group before hand to make sure everyone has SOME IDEA of the strat... if not thats your own dumb fault.
  • Options
    kaltxxkaltxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is for the fact that cn dracolich especially but even some other bosses are extremly hard (like last spider one unless your overgeared) unless you run special parties. Yes we beaten the fights with a one of each class group to (excluding dracolich) but it is alot harder, frustrating and feels extremly unbalanced compared to the lame 2as cleric groups or double cw groups.

Try doing spider with 2 gwf's..
    Try doing troll with 2 gf's..

there is such a hug discrepency in the games classes atm its not even funny, it shows through the SLOPPY encounter design, horrible class balance and OBVIOUS bugs and exploits (stacking as..realy ?)

I am thinking the game is borderline saveable still but most people who left wont come back even if it turns all good and class balance is so extremly important its not even funny.

We already run with 1x gf and 1x gwf which is me. So I don't know what ur on about. We blast through spider in about 40 mins. The problem is that too many gwf and gf don't know how to play their classes and get decent dps even with the mechanics spoilt at the moment with gf not being able to hold much threat. TR for sure does the most dps but normally the cw only does better than the cleric. Gwf is always second but on big aoe packs they would lead. For me the only thing spoilt about the so called useless gwf is the terrible at will single target damage
  • Options
    poppitlovepoppitlove Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's a bit difficult to put a custom group together when you are new to the game. So far I have not been able to complete a single dungeon delve as well, and do not see it worth the time anymore. The AOE spells and adds on the last bosses are ridiculous for a 5 people run. The rest of the dungeon again, is too easy. It is imbalanced.
  • Options
    mohawkrmohawkr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    raal1 wrote: »

TL DR: Waah! What kind of end-game challenge requires me to think or try? I shouldn't have to use this foreign thing called STRATEGY to overcome obstacles! They should just bow before me!

Seriously, though. You guys can't possibly think like this... can you?
  • Options
    mohawkrmohawkr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    poppitlove wrote: »
    it's a bit difficult to put a custom group together when you are new to the game...

There's already a mechanic for that. It's called a guild. Join it :)
  • Options
    fogalmamsincsfogalmamsincs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did every boss in every T2 dungeon with random team, if everyone knows what to do, you have no problem, if they dont know, you can tell them, if nobody knows... thats a problem...
  • Options
    michaelangelo09michaelangelo09 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 clerics and that spider is done
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    2 clerics and that spider is done[/QUOTE

or 2 Control Wizards
    or 2 Rogues
    or Well balanced group that stacks, CC's mobs, and stands in the blue circle :-)
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    A strong cleric (strength all the way for stamina recovery) with a skill of kiting is your key to the victory.

It is funny in some of those boss encounters that when the boss drops down in the end, there is like 20 adds swarming on tail of the cleric. Takes almost the same time to down those adds than downing the boss.

Kiting FTW
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is a learn to play issue. Half you noobs claim these dungeons are too hard?
    My guild thinks they are to easy. And it is. Bosses need harder mechanics than spawn more adds.
    All t2 dungeons we run 2-3 times per DD.
    Takes about 90 minutes for a full CN clear.

Maybe if noobs would learn to play, communicate, or join guilds then we wouldn't have all these wow esque noon fest games.

You scrawbs literally make the game less fun for the rest of us. Thanks.
  • Options
    lordrelentlesslordrelentless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I've warned you once, I'll warn you again, flaming isn't allowed here. Callmedeux, calling people noobs because they think that the mechanics of the game are broken isn't conducive to this conversation. I've reported your post for flaming.
  • Options
    lordrelentlesslordrelentless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    There have been at least 4 replyes with DETAILED INFORMATIONS about how to kill the boss. It is not our fault if you purposedly ignore them. This alone would be enough to point out how full of "BS" you are.

There have been four posts that state the same thing which has already been tried by me and others and has a low success rate. These posts don't actually help.
  • Options
    klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    This comes down to people wanting to zerg everything and not think about tactics and strategy.
  • Options
    klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    There have been four posts that state the same thing which has already been tried by me and others and has a low success rate. These posts don't actually help.

You should consider the fact that you're bad at the game and need to get better. It's not shameful to be bad at it, it's shameful to look at helpful information and cast it off as being useless. It's not useless. Your inability to correctly implement it is what's causing you to believe it's useless.
  • Options
    mahlataamahlataa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off -> Ignore the guy who flames "noobs" all over the forum. At some point in near future he will realize that sinking 300$ in a f2p video game doesn't make him the epic master of all that exists , nor he is in any shape or form better then the rest.

Some impressions:
    T1 dungeons are easy with a pug group. The cleric must know what he is doing , but basically all the fights are "stay in the circle" , "dont get hit by red area aoe". I haven't got any luck in T2 with pug groups. I tried around 15 times (allways top DPS with my DPS GF) , we always fail at the last boss.The only way you can make consecutive clears of T2 dungeons seems to be with a premade group that follows the 2 clerics 3 dps meta. Most easy way find your way into such a group is to join a PVE guild. Sadly you can only choose between CW , TR and DC. 90% of the guilds don't want GWFs or GFs in their groups at all , which made me reroll a TR. I hope you find this info helpful :)
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's because idiots on the forums complained it was too easy although these same idiots are the ones using cheats so of course it's too easy for them, they don't use skills, they a cowardly cheats and we all paid the price, why the devs listen yo these idiots well that will never be known.
    Okay, so I've now played in three dungeon delves where the final boss is so overpowered and broken that the party can't defeat it. Not only is it set up that if the party is killed off and has to respawn the boss gets all of it's health back (which is BS), but an already overpowered boss gets dozens of mobs. This isn't acceptable. It is making part of the game pointless and unplayable. Where is the scaling?

Second problem: why aren't any of the previous missions from lower levels that aren't completed unavailable to be completed at later levels? What's the point of leveling if we can't finish the quest's we've started?
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    chewy067chewy067 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, so I've now played in three dungeon delves where the final boss is so overpowered and broken that the party can't defeat it. Not only is it set up that if the party is killed off and has to respawn the boss gets all of it's health back (which is BS), but an already overpowered boss gets dozens of mobs. This isn't acceptable. It is making part of the game pointless and unplayable. Where is the scaling?

Second problem: why aren't any of the previous missions from lower levels that aren't completed unavailable to be completed at later levels? What's the point of leveling if we can't finish the quest's we've started?

never lost a DD lol
  • Options
    visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    This is not a positive feedback thread, it is a positive whine thread.

There are plentiful amounts of guides on how to spec ANY class in this game. If you control adds, stay out of red circles and keep a TR on the boss your gonna win. works all the way to the hardest of the T2 mob zerg bosses.

You really need to look up the definition of impossible. Because you can not accomplish something does not make it impossible.
    Spend the time you spent typing in this thread doing research on strats, specs and building a team of people you chose and you might find better results.

It also might be helpful to consider that no one told you because you went into a dungeon you are ENTITLED to clear it. It does take some modicum of player competency to kill a lot of these bosses.

“Do or do not. There is no try.” -yoda
  • Options
    jagondragonjagondragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not remotely surprised. Unfortunately it took me to page 11 to realize the OP "warns" and retaliates against being called a "****". He's/She's one of "those".

Maybe the dungeons aren't balanced. Ever played a game where they were? Where a PUG could do it, but a well geared well coordinated team didn't find it too easy? Not likely. But I think it's obvious that (like most of us) there are plenty of things we could do to have success than whine to the devs.
  • Options
    poppitlovepoppitlove Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mohawkr wrote: »
    There's already a mechanic for that. It's called a guild. Join it :)

I would love to join a guild..... but cannot play 24/7 anymore, and guilds tend to get .... unpleasant... if you cannot join them for this and that and other activities. You are just left out in any way.
  • Options
    shoveljonshoveljon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    visgang wrote: »
    If you control adds, stay out of red circles and keep a TR on the boss your gonna win. works all the way to the hardest of the T2 mob zerg bosses.

I hate that pugs can't figure this out. All the GWFs trying to hammer out max crit dps rotations on bosses and Wizards trying to nuke can't figure out that they aren't strikers in this game. Kill/control adds if you aren't a rogue. If you ARE a rogue, take survival abilities or learn to dodge so you can stay up and contribute the boss damage the party needs. If you are a cleric or tank THANK YOU you don't get enough credit in this game. But also learn to kite ;)
  • Options
    tmak1313tmak1313 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My problem is that it's too hard to find a group who can stay in the instance for the full dungeon and do their role well. People from my guild aren't always online, but they're my friends, so I can't just find a new guild. If I want to do delves, I usually have to find a pickup group in zone chat. This is hard because some people leave when they find out I'm a GWF, or it just takes a ton of time to find players who are experienced in the dungeon. The other difficult thing is that without a good gear score or personal experience in any given dungeon, it's hard for people to allow you to play that dungeon. Then you're in a catch-22 because you can't get better gear or experience without completing the dungeon in the first place.

I had fun leveling my character to 60. I thought some of the zones were really cool, even if I didn't pay much attention to the dialogue from questgivers and the like. However, once I hit level cap the game became far more frustrating. I didn't expect that I had to be so outgoing and social to be able to complete a tier 2 dungeon. I hope that in the future using the queue will be better optimized so that it matches you with a balanced composition of players around your skill level or gear score.
  • Options
    sm177ysm177y Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I have to LOL at the early posts here. The dungeons are actually fairly well balanced and doable. You just can't PUG and expect greatness. Spider boss drops fast with a good 9k+ group that coordinates together.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't see a problem with balance on T2 at all as of today. It's like people are complaining because they don't know how to do it and somehow demand T2 to be nerfed to their skill level (which is braindead skill lvl).

I think that's why most MMO's have become so **** boring and ****ty because nothing is a challenge anymore. The stuff that is easy is too hard for the people who can't get better at a game.

I had a random cleric ***** and complain how a skeleton soldier was beating on her when she can just press W to move away from it. That his GF needs to take aggro off that Skeleton Soldier.
    It took about 20 minutes to explain her through voice chat that mobs can be bypassed or mobbed together. The concept of moving with WASD was too great for her mind.
  • Options
    insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... am I the only one who came from a game where the end game dungeons were harder? I think the difficulty level is just fine. It is true that they should put in different boss mechanics though ... the adds are getting redundant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    False, we had all the right classes and very skilled, they nerfed the dungeons to extreme difficulty cause cheating morons that cried it's too easy ruined it for everyone, why devs listen to these morons, I'll never know.
    lerdocix wrote: »
    So many noobs here...
    All dungeons are doable, you need to KNOW your classes, you need at least 1 rogue, 1 cleric and 1 control wizard, remaining slots replace at will, but these 3 are mandatory. Rest is about coordination and specifically to the OP:
    NO you will NOT go beyond 80% of any boss if you don't cc and kill adds, your cleric is a cleric, not another boss that heals you, you need to take care of him, if you want to zerg boss, stay at level 19 and below and play cloak tower.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ... am I the only one who came from a game where the end game dungeons were harder? I think the difficulty level is just fine. It is true that they should put in different boss mechanics though ... the adds are getting redundant.

No, you're not. Neverwinter's dungeons are very, very carebear if your team actually play to their role. Even saying it's carebear, I still enjoy it. I'm not looking for Eve after all. I'm just constantly shocked at how bad some players can be in what amounts to an arcade game.

Some classes have way too much ability to wreck a dungeon with a crappy rotation. A CW that's going for max damage, with their constant KB just before their Singularity times out, are a nightmare in group play for everyone. That doesn't stop them from doing it, it just stops the rest of the team from playing.

I guess you can just sit back and watch the CW slowly solo the dungeon, but that's not really fun unless you like to AFK browse the forums in dungeons.

Then, there are rogue's that somehow manage to be beaten in DPS by a CW that isn't pulling knockback tricks. You know you're going to fail a dungeon when your rogue is behind the GWF and CW. Either that, or each boss fight is going to take you forever.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC