test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NeverWinter not popular game anymore

Comments

• xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Thats just website hits you macaroon head.

hey =3= don't insult the macaroons... macaroons are delish >_<
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xumina wrote: »
    hey =3= don't insult the macaroons... macaroons are delish >_<

I am sorry but the OP is what happens when you breed Cupcakes with Bacon Muffins all very tasty none are known for their vast knowledge base.

These are facts cause I say so.
  • immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bacon Muffins

Where can I get these?
  • grahamlitegrahamlite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I and many others paid 60 dollars and are already quitting most of my friends are watching Wildstar hopping it is not F2P we don't mind paying a subscription for a game that's worth it. This game has been a real disappointment. Guild sent something to herself in the mail and never got it so she opened a ticket. This is the response she received.

Hello

Unfortunately, due to the incredibly high volume of tickets sent in regarding Neverwinter, we have not been able to provide an answer to each ticket that has come to us individually.

You are receiving this automated message to inform you that your current ticket is being closed. We are doing this to prevent your issue from being lost in "Ticket Limbo." We at Perfect World Entertainment are dedicated to providing you with a satisfactory experience both in game, and with regards to Customer Support.

If you are still experiencing the issue that you originally ticketed in about, please submit a new ticket to us and an Agent will look in to it as soon as possible.

This is an automated message, and any responses will not be received by a Customer Support Agent. Please direct all information to your new ticket.

We're truly sorry for this inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards helping all of our customers to the best of our ability.
    Perfect World Support
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    Wait till ESO has a release date. THEN check the popularity of this game.

TESO is just another generic MMO that tries to compete with WoW. I'll check it out when it is released, but so far the hype is exactly the same as it was for every other alleged WoW Killer: Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Rift, SW:TOR, Tera. They all crashed and burnt, and then established themselves somewhere far beneath the MMO throne. People always, in each of those cases, had completely unreasonable expectations, and then the games failed to meet them, because no game can compete with dreams of that perfect MMO.

I'm pretty sure TESO will experience the same. The materials available and leaked so far indicate that TESO will just be a "more of the same" MMO. Different skins, different lore, same gameplay, same grind, same lack of innovation. Of course it will be popular. Just like SW:TOR was, which had an even stronger franchise backing it.

I'm a pretty big fanboy of TES (more of Morrowind than the rest, though), but one of the biggest draws for me was always that the games were single-player. My very own, highly customizable world untainted by other people. You can't have that level of customizability in a MMO, so it will have to be restricted and homogenized and streamlined, and right there goes one of the strongest points of the games in The Elder Scrolls series.

I also don't "get" people who only play one game or think you cannot play multiple ones. My gaming life would feel very boring and bleak if I only played one MMO or one video game at a time. I had subs for Rift and WoW for years, for some time even a TOR one. All at the same time. I play whatever game I feel like playing at a time. Games aren't like religions -- you can have more than one.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013
    Where can I get these?

more interested in the macaroons.... <3
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I'm a pretty big fanboy of TES (more of Morrowind than the rest, though), but one of the biggest draws for me was always that the games were single-player. My very own, highly customizable world untainted by other people. You can't have that level of customizability in a MMO, so it will have to be restricted and homogenized and streamlined, and right there goes one of the strongest points of the games in The Elder Scrolls series.

I also don't "get" people who only play one game or think you cannot play multiple ones. My gaming life would feel very boring and bleak if I only played one MMO or one video game at a time. I had subs for Rift and WoW for years, for some time even a TOR one. All at the same time. I play whatever game I feel like playing at a time. Games aren't like religions -- you can have more than one.

I beg to differ I would like to show you Champions Online ( its a PWE game I dont think they will mind to much :P ) Both Powers ( if you go freeform ) and Visual Customization is actually greater than any TES. Pity the games worlds a bit tiny not much to do :<
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Rofl WildStar
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I beg to differ I would like to show you Champions Online ( its a PWE game I dont think they will mind to much :P ) Both Powers ( if you go freeform ) and Visual Customization is actually greater than any TES. Pity the games worlds a bit tiny not much to do :<

I'll check out STO soon, before the life sub offer ends, maybe CO after that. :p But not really a super heroes kinda player.

But what I meant by customizability in regard to TES is that you can tweak and change everything, completely alter textures, change the gameplay mechanics, the skill system, add even new buildings, alter spawn cycles, create new weapons, script entire quest chains, add a cat mount because the developer once again forgot to include one, etc. TES games are a lot like toolkits where you can shape and extend the world. You don't get that in MMOs. Heck, in modern MMOs you don't even get player housing anymore. :(
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I'll check out STO soon, before the life sub offer ends, maybe CO after that. :p But not really a super heroes kinda player.

But what I meant by customizability in regard to TES is that you can tweak and change everything, completely alter textures, change the gameplay mechanics, the skill system, add even new buildings, alter spawn cycles, create new weapons, script entire quest chains, add a cat mount because the developer once again forgot to include one, etc. TES games are a lot like toolkits where you can shape and extend the world. You don't get that in MMOs. Heck, in modern MMOs you don't even get player housing anymore. :(

OK TES MODS are epic :P You got me on that one. At the moment I am making a Bert and Ernie race for Morrowind :D
    edited May 2013
    OK TES MODS are epic :P You got me on that one. At the moment I am making a Bert and Ernie race for Morrowind :D

Ah, I love Morrowind. For all its issues, it's still the best of the series! I loved Skyrim too, though. You're right, I should have used the word modability instead of customizability. It's something I miss in MMOs -- you can't really change the gameplay. (I love your new avatar -- has cute paws!)
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nevewinter is rank 3 in mmorpg website and going down everyday i think that becus a lot of exploits hacks in game now and many players already quit only who have a lot of AD and gold still playing whats the point you play legal and pay money to this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> company and others exploits and become more riches than you and stronger i'm glad i didn't pay any money in this game

unnamedqqscreenshot2013g.png

unnamedqqscreenshot2013.png

This happens in every mmo. That being said, it's also because most people are.. not very intelligent sorry to say. People actually truly believe the economy is ruined due to exploits despite all evidence proving them wrong. Astral Diamonds continue to go up in value and people act is if it's falling in value.
  • kmartinternetkmartinternet Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    One picture=week
    Other=Today
    Hardly conclusive.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not even sure why I'm bothering to comment but here goes......

I mean really the game is not popular anymore because MMORPG.com has it ranked 3rd :rolleyes:

I'll tell you what is NOT popular anymore.....mmorpg.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And it's also because of the devs nuking everything into oblivion. :)
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I'll tell you what is NOT popular anymore.....mmorpg.

I'll tell you what's popular... Macaroons....mmmm... delish...
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nevewinter is rank 3 in mmorpg website and going down everyday i think that becus a lot of exploits hacks in game now and many players already quit only who have a lot of AD and gold still playing whats the point you play legal and pay money to this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> company and others exploits and become more riches than you and stronger i'm glad i didn't pay any money in this game

Great, when half the playerbase goes away maybe I will stop having low FPS in the city hub and the chat will cease to scroll by at 55 MPH.

I can't wait. :cool:
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    In my experience whats popular is almost always low quality.... pop culture and the masses usually represents the poorest of tastes.
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game will be dead in a few months least they got that $199.99 from people with more money than sense.

LOL I'm enjoying it, I dont think it can get any worse. So by that rational it can only get better. Right?.... Maybe not.
  • mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    World of Warcraft is not even on this list. Yes, it's subscriptions are dropping, but it still has 7+ million subscribers.
    edited May 2013
    TES fanbois are already screaming doom about that cause its online :P

ESO = Wrong

TES = Wrong

TESO = Correct
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    According to this post, I had better quit. If the game isn't popular on that website, I don't want to play anymore.
  • juzzzzzzjuzzzzzz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It took me 3 days to get bored of this game. Tried level alt. Couldn't force myself to play even past L30 with 2nd toon. Kept logging in week to keep leveling crafting but then got too bored to even log in to swap craft tasks. Now don't even remember when was last time I logged in.

Game is too easy, dungeons feel all pretty much same, bosses are just mobs that spawn adds, crafting is a joke, class balance is bad (clerics "tanking" instead of tank lol, tank doing more damage than DPS classes just to name few obvious balance issues), PVP with 10 level handicap while leveling is bad idea, no penalty when dieing so can just zerg dungeons untill you fully geared. I could continue this list but why bother...

Can't really see how anyone could keep interest with this game. But I guess target audience is people who like some generic WOW clone. Never liked it so not really surprised that this one didn't keep me interested. At least my SSD has again room to install better games.
    edited May 2013
    mn03 wrote: »
    World of Warcraft is not even on this list. Yes, it's subscriptions are dropping, but it still has 7+ million subscribers.

Hahahaha, it went down form 9+ millions?

No other MMORPG has ever lost as many players as World of Warcraft.

I believe that it peaked at 12.5 million and now down to 7 million that means that it has lost 5.5 million players.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game will be dead in a few months least they got that $199.99 from people with more money than sense.

Yup. Sadly this game won't survive Wildstar and TESO (and GW2 if they do the big PVE/end-game update they are considering).. if it even lasts that long. Yet another entry into the long list of games that failed because they were made available to the public too early and untested and/or unfinished...
  • newschannel6newschannel6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    Hahahaha, it went down form 9+ millions?

No other MMORPG has ever lost as many players as World of Warcraft.

I believe that it peaked at 12.5 million and now down to 7 million that means that it has lost 5.5 million players.

....and some will never have as many players as wow has lost.
    edited May 2013
    Yup. Sadly this game won't survive Wildstar and TESO (and GW2 if they do the big PVE/end-game update they are considering).. if it even lasts that long. Yet another entry into the long list of games that failed because they were made available to the public too early and untested and/or unfinished...

Cryptic will probably be finished and their new logo sucks by the way.
    edited May 2013
    ....and some will never have as many players as wow has lost.

I bet that there will come a new MMORPG before the end of this decade which eventually will get 20 million players and it will have better graphics than World of Warcraft. ;)
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    Cryptic will probably be finished and their new logo sucks by the way.

What I've learned with this release:

1) Never, EVER pre-order or buy any new games until its been out at least 30 days and I've looked at both the official forums and the popular 3rd party forums
    2) Cryptic/PWE now join EA as a company I'll never patronize again
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013

More Dollars than sense. It's a pun son.

Anyway, you are spot on just the same. This game has been a nice solid proof that fools and their money are soon parted. Glad I can pat myself on the back for setting a low spending limit and seeing the scam before i got in to deep.