Install Arc
Options

Control wizard master Bug reports - Please Sticky

2»

Comments

• Options
    bowiethemantisbowiethemantis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I knew it, there IS an error with Steal Time, animation and cooldown sometimes kick in but there is no effect, can hurt really bad when surrounded by high level mobs out to eat you.
    Anyways, I saw it happening a couple times so I tested in lower level areas and it does fail to trigger if done too fast after teleporting/dodging a direct attack
    koranes wrote: »
    who is betting on new bugs when the servers come back up?

As it was and judging by the bugs I've read here my CW should already be a complete critical damage <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :S, hoping for no more hidden surprise nerfs
  • Options
    ascawethascaweth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, a while ago i tested Combat Advantage damage http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?196742-Endgame-Thaumaturge-Guide&p=2807161#post2807161

And now i confirmed it that charisma bonus does not increase it, at all. I bought a respec token and without adding to any ability points, i checked combat advantage damage. While i didnt relog or took all equipment off, i checked for increased crit chance and pet stat bonus (i still would like it to function as eldritch rune :D). They were there except for bonus damage.
    Because crit chance is heavily capped i did add to charisma again. Checked again on dummies and i still got around 14.8% increase in combat advantage vs normal damage (it was the same as my earlier testing).
    All tests i did only on magic missile, if someone is willing to do on other spells, feel free to do it.
  • Options
    scurveycurscurveycur Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not sure if by design by clerics can cleanse some of your abilities (teammates) ice terrain and chill stacks are cleansed off
  • Options
    lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    On third hit of magic missiles, only the first of the three projectiles benefits from armor penetration.

@surveycur : clerics have a feat giving them a chance to cleanse allies
  • Options
    scurveycurscurveycur Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lemandal wrote: »
    On third hit of magic missiles, only the first of the three projectiles benefits from armor penetration.

@surveycur : clerics have a feat giving them a chance to cleanse allies

yeah but it cleanses the monsters of your chill and completely cleanses your icy terrain spell, i doubt that it is meant to work that way i have seen it many times now so i know it wasn't just a one time bug
  • Options
    marvelousjmarvelousj Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Steal time A bug I noticed while leveling was when id teleport into a group of enemies and use steal time instantly the animation would start and it would go on cool down but nothing would happen, cost me a lot of potions until i made sure to wait a bit before using it. Maybe its not a bug and I was just doing it too fast but it only happens with steal time.

That's a pretty important one I think needs fixed quickly. If shouldn't even let you try to cast it if you are still dashing. The fact that it goes on CD and does nothing is dumb and they had to of known about it.

It is also goes on CD if you get knocked while starting to channel it when it shouldn't. If you get hit doing like say singularity before it finishes you still have it but that is not the case for steal time.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    marvelousj wrote: »
    Steal time A bug I noticed while leveling was when id teleport into a group of enemies and use steal time instantly the animation would start and it would go on cool down but nothing would happen, cost me a lot of potions until i made sure to wait a bit before using it. Maybe its not a bug and I was just doing it too fast but it only happens with steal time.

That's a pretty important one I think needs fixed quickly. If shouldn't even let you try to cast it if you are still dashing. The fact that it goes on CD and does nothing is dumb and they had to of known about it.

It is also goes on CD if you get knocked while starting to channel it when it shouldn't. If you get hit doing like say singularity before it finishes you still have it but that is not the case for steal time.

You didnt read the other posts in the same thread about the exact same bug :)
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, I don't know if you've heard but there's this bug with steal time...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    seraphicalfallenseraphicalfallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there still currently a bug with the Tiefling's Bloodhunt racial and the Tempest Magic feat (more damage when the target is below 30%). These don't work together. As of May 11, Tieflings didnt recieve any benefit from Tempest Magic.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there still currently a bug with the Tiefling's Bloodhunt racial and the Tempest Magic feat (more damage when the target is below 30%). These don't work together. As of May 11, Tieflings didnt recieve any benefit from Tempest Magic.

I thought this had been fixed.
  • Options
    seraphicalfallenseraphicalfallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    I thought this had been fixed.

I was asking if it was. I haven't seen any confirmation. Have you? Can you link?
  • Options
    koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was asking if it was. I haven't seen any confirmation. Have you? Can you link?

I do believe this was fixed
  • Options
    runephoenix77runephoenix77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cannot put my 3rd rank in evocation. I am lv 29 and every other CW I asked said I should have access to rank 3 of all powers once you have 20 points. I have more then 20 and I can put my 3rd rank into Shield which is right beside Evocation. When I try to put my 3rd rank in evocation it says I need more points into the skill tree. Has anyone else had this problem or is this a bug that I need to report cuz I really want evocation rank 3.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Aoe lightning encounter power (I will add the name if I remember once the servers are back up and I can check it) does way less damage than it is supposed to when arcane singulairty is sucking mobs in (before they are pulled into the air is when I noticed it). ON my CW around level 50 the lightning encounter is hitting for about 10-20 damage during the singularity pull instead of the 2000ish damage it hits for normally.

Edit: the aoe lightning encounter power mentioned above is "Sudden Storm"
  • Options
    crineicrinei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed the small floating damage from Sudden Storm, so I tested it out just now. Apparently the small damage (<50) is physical damage? And then the lightning damages ranged in the thousands depending on what rank, etc. So those of you who say the damage is bugged, it's actually just two different kinds of damage, one physical and one lightning. The Arcane Singularity one is when the physical damage hits, but there's no lightning damage, so that's an actual bug there.
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    High Vizier's Set: Gives you AND enemies 450 defense when using control powers. It does not "steal" 450 defense as the tooltip claims. Test it on dummies and you'll see you do less damage, not more, after hitting them with a control power when you have the High Vizier's set equipped.
  • Options
    snakesandcakessnakesandcakes Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    koranes wrote: »
    Ray of empowerment- spell mastery [tabbed] : the effectiveness is doubled, without casting it twice on the same target. The two rays do no stack, however.

The person who reported this originally misspelled Ray of Enfeeblement. The bug still persists though. Quite funny to see so many guides recommending stacking RoE on an enemy when it's obvious the posters haven't done any proper testing at all.
  • Options
    koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    High Vizier's Set: Gives you AND enemies 450 defense when using control powers. It does not "steal" 450 defense as the tooltip claims. Test it on dummies and you'll see you do less damage, not more, after hitting them with a control power when you have the High Vizier's set equipped.

I think this is an error with the interaction with dummies. please get test result from mobs befor we add it as a bug.
  • Options
    manergy420yolomanergy420yolo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone else have this visual bug? It appears that I have two orbs circling me, a real one and an ugly green one. A1xSUqh.jpg
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone else have this visual bug? It appears that I have two orbs circling me, a real one and an ugly green one. A1xSUqh.jpg

It happened to me once in a pvp match, but it cleared up as soon as I left.
  • Options
    manergy420yolomanergy420yolo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    It happened to me once in a pvp match, but it cleared up as soon as I left.
    I almost constantly have the green orb circulating around me. Pretty annoying!
  • Options
    natural20snatural20s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Bump to the Steal Time occasionally stealing my encounter and not working. Also bump to the floating secondary orb, the effect caused by my weapon enchantment seems to wanna stay near my hand and not on my orb..
    mkemtf.jpg