test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Many of my friends and guild members banned with no explanation.

guitaraelectricaguitaraelectrica Member Posts: 31
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So today six of my guild members were banned from Neverwinter with no explanation. They have all contacted customer support but have not yet received a response. I've played with most of these people from day one, and find it hard to believe they are guilty of ban-able offenses. Why should we spend our time with this game when we might just be banned without explanation?
Post edited by guitaraelectrica on

Comments

• timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    More than likely they did something to deserve said ban.

Still, nothing stopping them from just making another account. . .
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First customer service would be closed today. It is the use holiday "Memorial Day" so you wont hear anything back from there until at least tomorrow morning at the earliest.

Second apparently there was a duping exploit found in the Auction House. it appears that they are doing like before and a sending out 3 day bans to anyone who might possibly have been exploiting while PWE takes the time to investigate and determine who was guilty and who wasn't.

At a guess your friends had stacks of runestones and or enchantments forsale. I am of course assuming that they didn't actually use the dup exploit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • odiboyodiboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    The three main reasons for being banned atm that I have seen is:

1. using the AD exploit, or the endless dodge exploit
    2. using profanity towards someone else (the profanity filter is there so people can swear, like when they stub their toe, but not so that they can freely call each other profane names)
    3. Profanity in names

So it could be one of these two, although I agree it would be nice to get a reason, but the amount of banhammers happening atm, I get the feeling they have too many to each get a personal message, maybe in the future whent he amount of people getting banned dies down.
  • guitaraelectricaguitaraelectrica Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    First customer service would be closed today. It is the use holiday "Memorial Day" so you wont hear anything back from there until at least tomorrow morning at the earliest.

Second apparently there was a duping exploit found in the Auction House. it appears that they are doing like before and a sending out 3 day bans to anyone who might possibly have been exploiting while PWE takes the time to investigate and determine who was guilty and who wasn't.

At a guess your friends had stacks of runestones and or enchantments forsale. I am of course assuming that they didn't actually use the dup exploit.
    None of them had large stacks of runestones or enchantments for sale, however some of them did have stacks in their inventory from saving up. None of them duplicated or were even aware of the bug until after the AH was closed down today. Hopefully customer service will clears up the issue sometime within the next couple days, or this game will be losing many more customers.
    edited May 2013
    odiboy wrote: »
    The three main reasons for being banned atm that I have seen is:

1. using the AD exploit, or the endless dodge exploit
    2. using profanity towards someone else (the profanity filter is there so people can swear, like when they stub their toe, but not so that they can freely call each other profane names)
    3. Profanity in names

So it could be one of these two, although I agree it would be nice to get a reason, but the amount of banhammers happening atm, I get the feeling they have too many to each get a personal message, maybe in the future whent he amount of people getting banned dies down.
    They are not guilty of any of this.
  • odiboyodiboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    They are not guilty of any of this.

Hmm, if that is so (sometimes you don't know the people you think you know :p) That I am confused as you also say they weren't selling large stacks (which is one I forgot about) than it is perplexing, maybe they got caught in one of the scandals, hopefully it isn't a permanent ban then and it gets resolved quickly :)
  • demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @TC: It stinks that this happened to your friends.
    But there's a very good chance it's against forum rules to talk about your banned friends. Standard faire in any MMO. And a quick search through the rules provides this. You might want to try and close this topic.

"No representing banned members.
    Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat. This includes posting from your alt to ask about one of your own characters being banned from the forums.

No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us. "
  • reonhato99reonhato99 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a long time member of the Interwebz I know something for sure. Whenever someone claims a "friend" couldn't possible have done something ban worth... 99% of the time they did something ban worthy.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Although it is possible your friends are innocent, it is also possible that they are doing something you don't know about, that is unless you follow them around 24/7.

As an example, I had a friend banned from an mmo for buying gold. I couldn't believe it because I thought I knew him well and he would never do such a thing, but it happened.
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reonhato99 wrote: »
    As a long time member of the Interwebz I know something for sure. Whenever someone claims a "friend" couldn't possible have done something ban worth... 99% of the time they did something ban worthy.

lol prettty much this. Well part of that 99% is the "friend" is actually the poster trying to plead his case of innocence.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So today six of my guild members were banned from Neverwinter with no explanation. They have all contacted customer support but have not yet received a response. I've played with most of these people from day one, and find it hard to believe they are guilty of ban-able offenses. Why should we spend our time with this game when we might just be banned without explanation?

You played since day 1? LOL, FAIL, NO. Then why is your join date May 2013.
    Obviously you exploited, you got banned, you lost your stuff, deal.
    edited May 2013
    dematto wrote: »
    @TC: It stinks that this happened to your friends.
    But there's a very good chance it's against forum rules to talk about your banned friends. Standard faire in any MMO. And a quick search through the rules provides this. You might want to try and close this topic.

"No representing banned members.
    Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat. This includes posting from your alt to ask about one of your own characters being banned from the forums.

No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us. "
    If this asking about my friends being banned for no given reason is against the rules, then a moderator can simply delete this post. I am more concerned that this might happen to me, or to someone else who is not guilty of breaking the rules, spending hundreds or thousands of hours of their time in this game, and then getting banned for no reason.
  • ineffectivez0ddineffectivez0dd Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    GOOD BANN MORE.DOnt exploit.IFu see somone exploitin report them oru wil get banned for being in the same isntance.U let somone exploit in the same grp as u.Whats your excuse.Take ban.BAN BAN BAN.STop protecting exploiters.They are the enemy the make us get roll back and maybe evne a wipe the destroy econmy.Start getting mreo exploiter banned.see someon on stream wiht mroe than 30 min report.See somone in you guild or dungeon exploit a boss report.Exploiter best friend is how lon it takes for the admins to find out.Then dmg control becomes ez.And the wil jsut nee to find the few peopel cus no casual players are exploiting.Exploiter wil be swore thumb and the wont need to roll back server jsut rol lback a few people.
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    I don't mean day 1 of the game's open beta release. I mean day 1 of when we started playing the game. I didn't exploit, I didn't get banned, and I didn't lose anything. This post isn't about me, it is an inquiry into a large portion of my guild being banned for no reason.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »

Actually join date doesn't matter as that is the join date for when you started on the forums not when account created
  • demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's an understandable fear Guitara. But it's one you should take up with the devs/customer service, through a private ticket.
    Honestly, I totally understand where you're coming from. I've been pretty much exactly where you are in an mmo before. But forums have a way of turning on you in a second whenever topics like this crop up.

You'd get much less of a headache talking to CS, as opposed to being here where you've already got at least 1 person openly flaming you.
    edited May 2013
    They will never wipe. The problems are never over.Their will be more ah exploits.They just have to get better at dmg control which they are doing right now.Ah was down nearly instantly this time limiting the spread so the can trade down and single it out and delete items and dfix problem.Exploiters biggest friend is how long it takes admin to find out so they can intergrate it int othe public.The first exploit was bad cus that was 2 weeks it went on so long we dont know where or when it started to do dmg control.but this wasa few days so not so bad.

people shud stop complain and start help the admins with it.whenu see something thats not right.Report it right away.DOnt try to take advantage of it.Poeple are funny they see these things then qq aobut roll back and ask for wipe.Report anyhing weird.To be heosnt they shud wipe now that i think, just as punish for people not reporting.The should start aban holocast on everyone who gota item from it inocent till proven guilty and wipe if it goes on for more than a week with out people knowing.U will see how fast peopl stop skipping bosses and exploit the game.Aftera month of that people wil leave.

Then if so good riddance exploiters or they wil stop exploitin period.ban mroe talk less. Wheni exploit in wow. wotlk first uldar ahard mode.I got ban along iwth my raid mate fora week.and we lost our items.Along iwtha warning for perma ban.we got roll back banned and warning guidl mad at us cus no progress this week.I never exploited in wow ever again.

Cryptic Start getting serious about your disipline.Ban anyone for any slight exploit.If they even look hard at it instant ban.and if people ignore and let it go on.WIpe Start over.but stil bring out new content.U will see how the communtiy will stop point fingers at u and start pointing them at exploiters.Ban even me if try to exploit foundry again.at leasti known not to do it again.

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN and roll back that person or wipe them.This is not a democracy.
    Its you game survival on the line start showing some balls cryptic.Get some respect.Why are we protecting exploiters.They aren ot he mafia that will com after yoru family ifu sell them out.andu gonna lose the most ofu get catch with exploitu haven othing to gain along to happen.Its our job to help admin find out the exploit so the can rap it up fast and we wont have ah down for whoel and aneed roll back.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GOOD BANN MORE.DOnt exploit.IFu see somone exploitin report them oru wil get banned for being in the same isntance.U let somone exploit in the same grp as u.Whats your excuse.Take ban.BAN BAN BAN.STop protecting exploiters.They are the enemy the make us get roll back and maybe evne a wipe the destroy econmy.Start getting mreo exploiter banned.see someon on stream wiht mroe than 30 min report.See somone in you guild or dungeon exploit a boss report.Exploiter best friend is how lon it takes for the admins to find out.Then dmg control becomes ez.And the wil jsut nee to find the few peopel cus no casual players are exploiting.Exploiter wil be swore thumb and the wont need to roll back server jsut rol lback a few people.

LOL the day I get banned for being in the same instance as someone that was bugged is the last day I ever play an MMO. :P

You guys parroting this groupthink about exploiters is really sad. Amazing to see how ingrained corporatism has become in our culture.
  • dmanrockzdmanrockz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    More than likely they did something to deserve said ban.

Exactly. Cryptic won't ban unless they have proof.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this asking about my friends being banned for no given reason is against the rules, then a moderator can simply delete this post. I am more concerned that this might happen to me, or to someone else who is not guilty of breaking the rules, spending hundreds or thousands of hours of their time in this game, and then getting banned for no reason.

That's easy to fix. Don't play. Don't post. Bye!?
    edited May 2013
    LOL the day I get banned for being in the same instance as someone that was bugged is the last day I ever play an MMO. :P

You guys parroting this groupthink about exploiters is really sad. Amazing to see how ingrained corporatism has become in our culture.

WELl leave good riddance.U rather see a a house get broken into and go in your self and take stuff.Then say oh didnt open the door.Take ban.WHenu a crim being commit cal the police.Unless its mafia.But exploit cant kill in rl so report and leave why is it so hard.

SO take ban
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    WELl leave good riddance.U rather see a a house get broken into and go in your self and take stuff.Then say oh didnt open the door.Take ban.WHenu a crim being commit cal the police.Unless its mafia.But exploit cant kill in rl so report and leave why is it so hard.

SO take ban

lol THUG LIFE yo!
    Code OF "THUG LIFE":

1. All new Jacks to the game must know: a) He’s going to get rich. b) He’s going to jail. c) He’s going to die.

Mafia? What do you know about mafia? I had a car stolen by the mafia when I lived in Sicily, and they returned it after finding out I was married to a local and not just an American traveler.

Maybe you are masochistic and would happily take a ban, or whips and chains, or whatever... I have more pride than that. Why report anything if the company takes such an immature and regressive stance towards its customers?
    edited May 2013
    Only person who losin out is out if exploit ruing game the alrdy made their money.Anyone knows that time is what exploit want and its imposbble with thousand of peoepl playing you game to find out .With out comunites help. toehr wise go play diablo 3. and go to a better company liek blizzard who are known for their cutomer care.OH wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6YfJO0XecE -diablo 3 gold dupe.If blizzards fail with the bigcompany.Give Cyptic a break.People very bias to wards blizzard they fail harder. when their no reliable company these days.

And the dif with diablo 3 is that it wasnt beta and it wasnt free.Also btw It was aslo blizzard

oh ps: remeber this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZidgohZaws - 2 bs!!!

not to mention all of the xp repeatable abuse that went on in game to get maxx level ina few hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbvuQXBQXY8

so please cyptic is doinga good job.At least they not blizzard.

u know i right .leave cryptic alone otherwise go play diablo 3.And get 2 bs!!!
This discussion has been closed.