test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen - how do I transfer it from Neverwinter to Star Trek Online

incendi0incendi0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I thought that Zen is a universal currency for use in any Perfect World game.
  • If I obtain Zen in Neverwinter via the Astral Diamond Exchange, how can I transfer it to Star Trek Online?
  • If I do not Withdraw it from the Exchange, how can I get it into my Perfect World Wallet so that I can then Withdraw it inside Star Trek Online?
  • I'd like to try Star Trek Online out and stay in the Perfect World family of games, but if I can't transfer Zen between the games it doesn't exactly encourage me to stay in Perfect World's stable.
Post edited by incendi0 on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You cant. Once Zen is attached to a game it is fixed there permanently. So while, for example, I might have a ton of zen in STO and CO. I cant do anything to bring that Zen here or merge them together. The lesson here is don't move Zen out of your account wallet to a game unless you REALLY want it to be there.
  • incendi0incendi0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Zen is not universal at all. They might as well call it Star Trek Online Zen, Neverwinter Zen, Some_Other_Game Zen and so on?

If I could move Zen earned in one PW game to another PW game, I would be encouraged to stay in the PW stable of games. As it is, if I get tired of one game, I might just as well try some other company's games.

It sure seems like an odd strategy, especially since somebody had to buy the Zen inside Neverwinter so PW got paid. They got their money, and that's fine. What do they care in what game inside their family of games that I move and spend that already-purchased Zen?
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, really? That really sucks =/
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    incendi0 wrote: »
    So Zen is not universal at all. They might as well call it Star Trek Online Zen, Neverwinter Zen, Some_Other_Game Zen and so on?

If I could move Zen earned in one PW game to another PW game, I would be encouraged to stay in the PW stable of games. As it is, if I get tired of one game, I might just as well try some other company's games.

It sure seems like an odd strategy, especially since somebody had to buy the Zen inside Neverwinter so PW got paid. They got their money, and that's fine. What do they care in what game inside their family of games that I move and spend that already-purchased Zen?

with all these exploits happening n NW beta do they really want the zen laundered in their other games too. All of a sudden instead of having to roll back NW theyd have to roll back their entire family of games....

Yeah, prob not gonna happen any time soon.
  • incendi0incendi0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, they can disable moving Zen out of Neverwinter until it's out of Beta so that's simple enough.

The whole process just doesn't provide any reason to be loyal to their family of games, when the entire concept of Zen could do just that.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know its kinda silly. Im still a subscriber to CO. I get a zen stipend each month. And while I still love CO, i've been there long enough to pretty much buy out everything in the store Ive really wanted. I have NOTHING in CO I wanna use it on. Would love to spend it here. But I cant.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't. Zen can only be used in the game it is initially transferred to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zen is only universal when it's initially purchased. Only then can you divvy it up to any PW game. Any Zen "earned" in-game stays with that game.
  • dmanrockzdmanrockz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is quite dumb. I thought that just like in Sony games, I could buy their Zen (station cash), and use it in ANY of their games.

Cryptic lost some points with me here.
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dmanrockz wrote: »
    That is quite dumb. I thought that just like in Sony games, I could buy their Zen (station cash), and use it in ANY of their games.

You can buy Zen from PWE and use it in any of PWE's games,
    but once you've transferred the Zen in your PWE wallet to that game,
    it stays in that game.

When you're buying Zen inside Neverwinter from the Astral Diamond Exchange,
    you are actually buying it off another player, not from PWE.

Does Sony allow the transfer of their station cash within one game,
    into another game?
    PWE does not allow this.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dmanrockz wrote: »

If you BUY it, then you can send it to any of the games. Once transferred there though, it stays there. And you can't transfer it if it's earned in the Exchange.

Edit - At least the person that beat me to it was a cat... :o
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    it stays in that game.

into another game?
    PWE does not allow this.

not entirely true

If you contact PWE (not cryptic) they will move ZEN you transferred from your wallet to neverwinter back to your wallet.

they will not transfer any zen you acquired off any exchange in any game.
  • virviusvirvius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They designed it this way so they can develop games that you can earn zen through gameplay. I think of Guildwars 2. If you could bring it to the other games with a different economic model then it would destroy other games economies and PWE would lose a lot of money because you could essentially play a game to earn zen in every game they own. Not all of their games are designed this way.
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    If you contact PWE (not cryptic) they will move ZEN you transferred from your wallet to neverwinter back to your wallet.

This is good to know.
    Thank you.
    However, will PWE always do this, everytime you request it?
  • dmanrockzdmanrockz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it stays in that game.

into another game?
    PWE does not allow this.

Yes, Sony allows this. I am a DCUO lifer and get a stipend that I spend every month on Planetside 2 or EQ 2 goodies.
    I am very disappointed that Cryptic doesn't do this.

The only reason I even tried EQ2 was because my DCUO stipend gave me extra SC to use there. Now I spent about $200 on EQ 2 as well.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    This is good to know.
    Thank you.
    However, will PWE always do this, everytime you request it?

Yes, its in their Zen purchase terms of service.

Its to correct people that send zen to the wrong Game or server by accident.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they got to have very strict procedures when dealing with in game money because once something like zen starts intermingling with questionite/dilitium/astral diamonds it will become radically different because the exchange ratios and price points are so radically different. also once you start mingling with that you risk exploiters moving a easier to get zen into a game where its harder to grind and messing up their economy.

one can hope the price points of things bought with zen is a reflection of the prices, in NWO everything is very very expencive but AD is also much easier to earn. ignoring exploits we could completely deflate their dilitium-zen currency if to much diamond-zen got over to sto. so since it all starts with cash its easy enough to treat it as 1$=100z but the second its made into items or AD its gone.
  • shamblersshamblers Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The money i pay to buy zen in wallet is the same i paid to a live account, and the zen received is also the same, never heard perfect world said those zen are diferents, the proof was said before: if you buy the zen in wallet can tranfer to a game and back to your wallet. But if you obtain that zen in a game no? why? repeat, the money spended to buy those zens was the same, i paid money for a live account and for receive zen of perfect world, perfect world receive my money from wallet and from games and give me the same zen...

If transfer those zen can harm the economy of the games using zen how coin its a perfect world matter, but its a clear irregularity of perfect worl create a coin paid with our money and make it only flow in a few directions to force the players spend more money to other or new game of the same company and lost the zen (our money) traped in the other or old game-s.

Also wanna know if anyone have understandings about legal procedures in that cases, joining some players could give us force to argue with perfect world about this issue and why not consider the possibility to begin any legal action, ty.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    Nobody here can advise you on legal proceedings; even the lawyers here aren't going to do that for free in a forum. Consult an attorney if you want to discuss legal proceedings.
    edited June 2013
    shamblers wrote: »
    The money i pay to buy zen in wallet is the same i paid to a live account, and the zen received is also the same, never heard perfect world said those zen are diferents, the proof was said before: if you buy the zen in wallet can tranfer to a game and back to your wallet. But if you obtain that zen in a game no? why? repeat, the money spended to buy those zens was the same, i paid money for a live account and for receive zen of perfect world, perfect world receive my money from wallet and from games and give me the same zen...

If transfer those zen can harm the economy of the games using zen how coin its a perfect world matter, but its a clear irregularity of perfect worl create a coin paid with our money and make it only flow in a few directions to force the players spend more money to other or new game of the same company and lost the zen (our money) traped in the other or old game-s.

Also wanna know if anyone have understandings about legal procedures in that cases, joining some players could give us force to argue with perfect world about this issue and why not consider the possibility to begin any legal action, ty.

In addition, the exchange rates are different in each of the games with a Zen exchange, so if you were able to move Zen acquired in one game to another game, you could play the exchange systems and end up with far more Zen than you normally would. (It would be exploited to no end.)
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Nobody here can advise you on legal proceedings; even the lawyers here aren't going to do that for free in a forum. Consult an attorney if you want to discuss legal proceedings.

Thank you for your view, otherwise i know lawyers and attorneys also play videogames and also any are mercyfuls :p . Meantime im following your advise and looking in the European Union consumer defender.
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    In addition, the exchange rates are different in each of the games with a Zen exchange, so if you were able to move Zen acquired in one game to another game, you could play the exchange systems and end up with far more Zen than you normally would. (It would be exploited to no end.)

Well itsnt my problem, i didn't create the perfect world zen system, but im sure i spent my money to receive zen and that zen dont have the same value and rights to the zen bought outside games of the same company, its contradictory and deceitful.
    edited June 2013
    The Zen you EARNED in-game, you didn't pay for that. It is tied to that game.

The Zen you BOUGHT, you can get transferred back to your Wallet to put in another game.

I'm not sure how that's contradictory or deceitful. Can you give me a link to a page that claimed you would be able to get Zen in one game and transfer to another? Because if you don't have it in writing, then it's just how YOU think it should work, which won't really stand...
    edited June 2013
    The Zen you EARNED in-game, you didn't pay for that. It is tied to that game.

The Zen you BOUGHT, you can get transferred back to your Wallet to put in another game.
    I'm not sure how that's contradictory or deceitful. Can you give me a link to a page that claimed you would be able to get Zen in one game and transfer to another? Because if you don't have it in writing, then it's just how YOU think it should work, which won't really stand...

I paid for a live account to receive zen every month, therefore i paid for that Zen, They taken my money and give me Zen...
    Again i say you i BOUGHT that Zen, i paid alot of money to receive Zen every month, was an agreement between two sides.

Its contradictory and deceitful because my Zen dont have the same rights of Zen. And of course is how i think, is how think is right and useful. Perhaps Perfect World need a warning to change anything, or perhaps its a... perfect world (sorry cant avoid :rolleyes: ).
    edited June 2013
    So, you have a Lifetime account, or a paid sub to another game, and therefore receive a Stipend...
    Then this applies to you -
    Perfect World Billing FAQs
    ZEN stipends are specific to Star Trek Online and Champions Online and are automatically awarded to your in-game account.

This is from CO's page, regarding stipends -
    331gkck.jpg

If it's from STO, you don't get Zen, you get "Promotional Points".
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It makes total sense that you can't transfer zen between games, particularly the zen gained "in-game". I can earn zen hand over fist in Star Trek - the exchange is at a very friendly rate currently, and with several level-capped characters earning "Dilithium" (that game's version of Diamonds) is cake. I can max out a single character's 8k refine limit in an hour. Or I can run several characters through the daily Mining event and get 15k in an hour. Vastly faster than in NWO.

Not even playing the game seriously (just logging on for to set up some Duty Officer assignments, and do the Rich Dilithium daily on my main), I'd saved up almost 6k zen for the Romulan expansion. Having been able to transfer that over to NWO would have been broken as hell.
    edited June 2013
    So, you have a Lifetime account, or a paid sub to another game, and therefore receive a Stipend...
    Then this applies to you -
    Perfect World Billing FAQs

This is from CO's page, regarding stipends -
    331gkck.jpg

If it's from STO, you don't get Zen, you get "Promotional Points".

Ok nullwolf1 thank you very much for the link and answers, its explain alot the case. Four days ago put a ticket to customer support about that and today received an inaccurate answer, repling again and waiting another answer...

Otherwise i was a Criptic customer im not sure if Perfect World was honest changing my criptic points... OK OK JOKING JOKING TIME TIME lol :eek:
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    It stops the cheaters from moving zen out of Neverwinter to contaminate other games.
  • vagnerlexluthorvagnerlexluthor Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    How transfer Zen from Champions Online to Nevewinter?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How transfer Zen from Champions Online to Nevewinter?

You can't, normally. You can try contacting CS but if it was earned via your stipend, as referenced above, it's bound to that game.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.