test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate error

notniltonnotnilton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
getting the above message ("Unable to authenticate:") when trying to sign in via the launcher.Tried all the basic stuff (restart router, flush dns...) and nothing worked. I can sign onto forum and gateway just fine.
any suggestions?

thanks
Post edited by notnilton on

Comments

• notniltonnotnilton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone????
  • notnilton1notnilton1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    errr...please?
  • evilmoonfireevilmoonfire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i tried to log in this morning and im getting an error "unable to authenticate" any fix for this. i already tried every basic stuff but still doesnt work. .. man this game got a lot of errors every week...
  • eightfold0patheightfold0path Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue. All was dandy an hour ago.
  • norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep can't log in either.
  • slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    obviously the servers can't tell time and decided to be upgraded 2 hours early. not that it will matter much.
  • maurius21maurius21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have the same issue. Was in game, disconnected me from server, then when I went to log back in, it says "unable to authenticate."
  • blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    im having the same problem so your not alone
  • regnorvexregnorvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Unable to Authenticate. It's down.
    "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • savingthrowsavingthrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ditto here
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently they discovered an exploit in their clocks also and decided to start maint. early.
  • xdeathbydegreesxdeathbydegrees Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes! i didnt want to be the first to whine about this and then turn out that its only me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Divinity@xDeathbydegrees ~ 10k+ GS Devoted Cleric
  • maurius21maurius21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, looks like the servers went down early
  • strbrinkystrbrinky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    Apparently they discovered an exploit in their clocks also and decided to start maint. early.

ROFLMAO! That was my very first thought too....
    I guess misery really does love company.
  • oskarthebladeoskartheblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope the servers went down early, Cause I'm having the same problem. "Unable to Authenticate"
  • agran1132agran1132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i had that and after that i got a red message sayiing "The account service is temporary, down please try again at a later time"
  • grnwdgrnwd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They didnt go down early. My friend is playing not even 10 feet from me. We were leveling together, I got disconnected and it gives me the same error. The servers are still up only select people got booted :/
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are fine. They took out the ban hammer tonight to deal with the latest AH exploit.
    You guys probably exploited...
  • theslydertheslyder Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Servers are fine. They took out the ban hammer tonight to deal with the latest AH exploit.

I'm having this issue and I've never used the Auction House.

I've been building in the Foundry for the last week.
  • agran1132agran1132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »

he's trolling.
  • toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I am getting account service being down.
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey adventurers, We are still working on this issue for Neverwinter. Oddly, Neverwinter wants to be a unique snowflake tonight and not accept the same fix that we pushed for Star Trek and Champions. We appreciate your patience!

*returns to banging on the Account Server door* LET ME IN! LET ME IN!!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • fmstalkerfmstalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the fix isn't working for STO or CO either. I can't login to any Cryptic game right now.
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    They're up I'm in game right now
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not trolling, the servers ARE up.
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Update: It should be fixed now. Thanks everyone!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • dragonbaitdragonbait Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well it still says unable to authenticate for me...just started to play this game and im having proplem already.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone solved this problem by making a specific change? I have this problem suddenly (never did before) and have not been able to resolve it.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • fallacy1fallacy1 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    Hey adventurers, We are still working on this issue for Neverwinter. Oddly, Neverwinter wants to be a unique snowflake tonight and not accept the same fix that we pushed for Star Trek and Champions. We appreciate your patience!

*returns to banging on the Account Server door* LET ME IN! LET ME IN!!

You're very charming! ^_^ Thank you for all of your work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join Us|Officer of The Noore|Nyan Cat
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    UPDATE: I had this issue even after it was resolved for most others. It was very bizarre - I could uninstall, reinstall, the launcher would work once, and then the next time I started the launcher it would give me the authenticate error.

The solution was for me to right-click on the icon and select "Run as Administrator". Now the launcher remembered my login and accepted my password. I no longer have the authenticate issue as long as I run it as an admin. I hope this helps others!
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!