test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Top Dmg Spec for Wizard?

atemi777atemi777 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
Wondering what the top spec / skill lay out for wizards is atm.
Post edited by atemi777 on

Comments

• atemi777atemi777 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone? bump.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ping pong tactic...I mean the Arcane Singularity + Chill Strike + Shield KB + Steal Time. If AP is not filled up by then for a rinse and repeat, just add any filler aoe damage.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
    edited May 2013
    im talking thautmage or renegade.
    edited May 2013
    Anyone what spec is top dmg for cw atm.
    edited May 2013
    Anyone what spec is top dmg for cw atm.
  • teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Top DPS spec for Control Wizard is a Trickster Rogue.
    edited May 2013
    So happy you felt the need to offer such helpful insight, now pls go away unless you have something of any use to post.
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no 'top damage spec' - in what situation? What playstyle? What group makeup?
  • mageor0lmageor0l Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    This is a tuff question to answer.

If you ask in global chat (or believe the forum) there are either people who

1) respeced 2,8 bazillion times to learn that thaum is FAR superior and they are never outdamaged by renegade
    or
    2) respeced 2,8 bazillion times to learn that renegade is FAR superior and they are never outdamaged by thaum.

I read both more than enough times.
    I don't think you can really say whats better right now because you will only get claimes from people witout much (solid) proof. It probably all comes down to playstyle and preference.

Some things that might help you to make your decision:
    It seems like the Snap Freeze feat in the thaum tree is bugged right now and doesn't work with tabbed chillstrike (which makes this feat almost useless in my eyes)

If you choose Thaum, you are basically forced to use: Chill strike/conduit of ice/ice rays, because the whole tree is based on ice powers. If you don't like this spells, go for renegade.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lazy post deserves lazy answer
    edited May 2013
    It's a question not a lazy post, man what is up with people trolling these days. Do you sit around all day bringing up forum post going ohhh man what useless information can i put in this one today. It's a question cause i was looking around the forums and have heard thaum better no renegade better. Wanted to know if anyone had hard dmg meters or anything to back up the claims.
  • shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do what I did. Roll both. A tiefling renegade and a human thaumaturge. Tbh I feel a bit too limited with thaumaturge having to slot conduit of ice.
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    atemi777 wrote: »
    It's a question not a lazy post, man what is up with people trolling these days. Do you sit around all day bringing up forum post going ohhh man what useless information can i put in this one today. It's a question cause i was looking around the forums and have heard thaum better no renegade better. Wanted to know if anyone had hard dmg meters or anything to back up the claims.

There are multiple posts you can read about this exact topic. You see i did read them. I did specc each multiple times to see which worked with my playstyle. I viewed elite players youtubes about diminishing returns and stats. I read posts about sets and gear and made a choice.

You sir just want it on a platter and you sir are lazy.

The information is all there if you choose to look for it.

Whats up with the lazy attitude of some people.......

Surely you realised after bumping your own post multiple times that no one else wanted to feed you for free.
  • diansiuttidiansiutti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Renegade, but this is just my opinion.

singularity->shield kb->chill strike->steal time

If u RLY want to see your AP regenerating put etangling force on tab, and if your shield fail to recover 100% of your AP bar etangling will do 50% on aoe control fights. Them u just repeat all the time.
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    with 6x greater tenebrous. I am rocking dps as Thaum. Conduit on Tab makes my Elemental Empowerment proc on alot of monsters.

Storm Spell Class Feature procs of Elemental Empowerment and Greater Tenebrous procs off Elemental Empowerment and Plaguefire.

Not only that, but Conduit of Ice on TAB procs chill for the whole duration (even on bosses) which activates Bitter Cold Feat that boost all my damage by 5%. on the targett

Does this mean anything? Nope. As a CW your job is to Singularity and knock back stuff of edges. So even with green gear you are still valuable. If you don't have to knock off you can skip instances fully like Karrun and Icespire.
  • violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's too hard for me to justify ever taking Steal Time and Ray of Enfeeblement off my bars because of the tremendous utility these spells provide. Furthermore, in CN (and several spots in T1/T2s) you will want to bring out Shield (by far the best AOE spell for large groups of 10+ persistent mobs). For me that means dropping either Chill Strike or CoI. I used to drop CoI, but since I got the Shadow Weaver 4p I drop Chill Strike instead because CoI procs the crit severity buff from the set bonus. For that reason, I stick with Renegade, and if they fixed Sudden Storm I would likely drop CoI altogether for SS.
  • diansiuttidiansiutti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    violated87 wrote: »
    It's too hard for me to justify ever taking Steal Time and Ray of Enfeeblement off my bars because of the tremendous utility these spells provide. Furthermore, in CN (and several spots in T1/T2s) you will want to bring out Shield (by far the best AOE spell for large groups of 10+ persistent mobs). For me that means dropping either Chill Strike or CoI. I used to drop CoI, but since I got the Shadow Weaver 4p I drop Chill Strike instead because CoI procs the crit severity buff from the set bonus. For that reason, I stick with Renegade, and if they fixed Sudden Storm I would likely drop CoI altogether for SS.

U run CoI tabbed for CN to proc shadow weaver severity?

My CN bars goes like

Chill Strike Tabbed
    CoI or Ray of Enfeblement for boss fight
    Sheild
    Steal Time

I swap CoI for Ray on boss fights... and for draco i swap chill strike For etangling just beucase the AP regen from etangling is insane, and this way i can chain singularity and solo as cw.
    edited May 2013
    diansiutti wrote: »
    U run CoI tabbed for CN to proc shadow weaver severity?

My CN bars goes like

Chill Strike Tabbed
    CoI or Ray of Enfeblement for boss fight
    Sheild
    Steal Time

I swap CoI for Ray on boss fights... and for draco i swap chill strike For etangling just beucase the AP regen from etangling is insane, and this way i can chain singularity and solo as cw.

Yes. I tested every CW encounter spell to see which ones classified as "control" spells or "non-control" spells for proccing the 4p Shadow Weaver bonuses. Only 4 spells added to the Crit Severity stack (i.e. non-control spells) - CoI, Sudden Storm, Ray of Enfeeblement, and Icy Rays. I prefer to keep Steal Time and Ray of Enfeeblement on my bar at all times, so I run some combination of Sudden Storm, CoI, and Shield in my last 2 spots. If I run SS I put that in tab, otherwise CoI.
    edited May 2013
    Yes. I tested every CW encounter spell to see which ones classified as "control" spells or "non-control" spells for proccing the 4p Shadow Weaver bonuses. Only 4 spells added to the Crit Severity stack (i.e. non-control spells) - CoI, Sudden Storm, Ray of Enfeeblement, and Icy Rays. I prefer to keep Steal Time and Ray of Enfeeblement on my bar at all times, so I run some combination of Sudden Storm, CoI, and Shield in my last 2 spots. If I run SS I put that in tab, otherwise CoI.

I just stop using SS as u cant get crits from it.. and bugs once u singularity.. u think is still viabgle with all those bugs?
    And CoI on tab playing as renegade, chill strike wont bring more dmg?
  • frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes. I tested every CW encounter spell to see which ones classified as "control" spells or "non-control" spells for proccing the 4p Shadow Weaver bonuses. Only 4 spells added to the Crit Severity stack (i.e. non-control spells) - CoI, Sudden Storm, Ray of Enfeeblement, and Icy Rays.
    None of the at-wills count?
    edited May 2013
    I just stop using SS as u cant get crits from it.. and bugs once u singularity.. u think is still viabgle with all those bugs?
    And CoI on tab playing as renegade, chill strike wont bring more dmg?

It's only viable in extremely large groups and/or combined with Shadow Weaver's set. SS has no AOE target cap, so eventually there's a point where no matter how bugged it is, it will surpass the damage of other AOE options that do have a cap (Chill Strike, CoI). With the Shadow Weaver's set though, there's only a limited amount of spells that can proc the Crit Severity buff.

As for tab Chill Strike, yes it would bring in much more damage as an individual spell compared to either CoI or SS, but Shadow Weaver's 4p is the game changer. I used to always keep Chill Strike tabbed, and it typically did somewhere around 24-25% of my total damage, and 60-100% more damage than CoI or SS (which were around 12-15%). The problem is Chill Strike adds to Lifesteal stacks, not crit severity, and keeping a ~45% crit severity on myself and the rest of the party (with spikes as much as +125% on large groups) more than makes up for the loss in damage from swapping out of Chill Strike.

* Note: In my original testing I personally didn't test Icy Rays or Icy Terrain - another CW in my guild with the set bonus as well did those. He told me then that Icy Rays was adding to Crit, but than Icy Terrain added to Lifesteal. Others here on the forums are saying that is wrong, and then Icy Terrain also adds to Crit. If that's true, then Icy Terrain is probably the best skill for stacking the debuff and I'd probably never use Sudden Storm at all.

* Edit: At-wills don't seem to have any affect. Maybe I just got too impatient, but I spent several minutes shooting dummies with Arcane Missiles and Ray of Frost and never saw a proc.
    edited May 2013
    ^
    Just tested, Icy Terrain stack severity
    SOOOOO OP!

Damage will fall little bit, but its insane the stacks.
  • deepscythedeepscythe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^
    Just tested, Icy Terrain stack severity
    SOOOOO OP!

Damage will fall little bit, but its insane the stacks.

thanks for confirming. how bout shield? does it stack crit severity too?
  • divinedingdivineding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how bout a thread on how to beat the rogues in dps lol
    edited May 2013
    deepscythe wrote: »
    thanks for confirming. how bout shield? does it stack crit severity too?

No. It stacks lifesteal.
  • schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what does COI stack? crit severity of lifesteal?
    edited June 2013
    Hey all just putting a shout out for the OP-"Lazy Post Guy"

Since the patch came out im sure he doesnt know what to do.

Can you help him with some info