test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is wrong with my character stats and gearscore?

erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
I Guess I wear above average equipment. so I was wondering how come my GS and basic stats are not higher. and where can I improve. I am referring to stats only since I usualy dont die in PVPs and PVEs pugs so I can't determine how effective is my equipment.

I currently dont use a stone or a cat and wear a 4 piece Miracle. I critic for 35% with severity of 76%. my enchants are mostly azures lvl 7. can anyone comment on what I'm doing wrong ? :)

http://postimg.org/image/b11cqkyb5/ [STATS]

http://postimg.org/image/3vanph94j/ [FEATS]

My mains are SB AS FF or Healing word with Foresight and Holy fervor in PVE
PVPs I use Break the spirit AS FF with Foresight and Terrifying Insight

Any advice from an experienced cleric would be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by erezwhite on

Comments

• morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    erezwhite wrote: »
    I Guess I wear above average equipment.

Is this a poorly veiled boast thread?

And if not, why not? You're a DC in full MH and BiS weapons with gemmed shirt/pants. Basically the ONLY thing you're lacking is a stone. Your equipment cannot get better (save by higher rank enchants) because your equipment is the best that currently exists.
  • echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this a poorly veiled boast thread?

Do ya think?
    I am referring to stats only since I usualy dont die in PVPs and PVEs pugs so I can't determine how effective is my equipment.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for your comments, to be honest that statement came off poorly since I play pugs and am an average player at best. that is why I cannot state if my gear is effective or not.. so there is nothing I can boast about :P I am curious about the stats I am getting which seems to be low compared to other level 60 DCs out there. specfically around power and defense. I will appreciate comments about my feats vs character stats that seem to be a bit low IMO.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for your comments, to be honest that statement came off poorly since I play pugs and am an average player at best. that is why I cannot state if my gear is effective or not.. so there is nothing I can boast about :P I am curious about the stats I am getting which seems to be low compared to other level 60 DCs out there. specfically around power and defense. I will appreciate comments about my feats vs character stats that seem to be a bit low IMO.

I am not sure how you are not at 12K already if you have at least 5x rank 7 enchants and Toughness feat.

Most Clerics do not invest much more than 2K into Critical Strike gear rating due to its diminishing returns. If you want higher crit without DR, it is better to get it from ability score selections. Also, eventually most players put the DR stats (crit, recovery, etc) into their augment class companion since those are stats best left to PvE, leaving Power on themselves and sometimes HP stones (Radiants).

In terms of Defense, it is quite common to have at least one (Ancient) Priest's Ring of Burning Light or a second Slavemaster's Ring of Control. Yours is first time I have seen an Abolethic Loop in a normal PvE healing build.

In terms of feats, they are well invested except for the final point of Faithful (4th pip of Divinity). Not sure why you would take that. Better an extra point in Rising Hope so you get it at 99% uptime instead of 50% uptime or a point in either of the Righteous tree initial feats.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your stats look a little low because you don't have a stone.

My stats for comparison

Also your gearscore is about right, the only reason mine is higher is because I'm 2/2 MH/BoF, which adds 450, and my defensive rings and belt add max hitpoints (which seem to increase GS more than standard stats for some reason).

Additional: I wear my defensive gear on my character, and use only offensive gear on the stone. The reason for this is because the only time I will be without the stone is in PvP, and I need as much defense as possible there (always first to be targetted, swarmed). Also hitpoints don't transfer over from the stone, so it makes sense not to waste that stat.
  • erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    I am not sure how you are not at 12K already if you have at least 5x rank 7 enchants and Toughness feat.

Most Clerics do not invest much more than 2K into Critical Strike gear rating due to its diminishing returns. If you want higher crit without DR, it is better to get it from ability score selections. Also, eventually most players put the DR stats (crit, recovery, etc) into their augment class companion since those are stats best left to PvE, leaving Power on themselves and sometimes HP stones (Radiants).

In terms of Defense, it is quite common to have at least one (Ancient) Priest's Ring of Burning Light or a second Slavemaster's Ring of Control. Yours is first time I have seen an Abolethic Loop in a normal PvE healing build.

In terms of feats, they are well invested except for the final point of Faithful (4th pip of Divinity). Not sure why you would take that. Better an extra point in Rising Hope so you get it at 99% uptime instead of 50% uptime or a point in either of the Righteous tree initial feats.

You are probably right about the 4th pip. I mainly use it for PVP when I want to finish off any squishes with Punishing light as usually I am able to critic off an opponet. since my build is more PVE oriented I might re-spec according to your suggestions.

I mainly use Azure enchants so I guess that's why my stats seem so low as more power equals higher GS (?). Regardless I will try and mix some radiants in there and see how it goes. the aboletic loop was a mistake on my end. I use an ancient priest ring and the GS goes to around 12K
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Keep in mind that GS is only a very rough indicator of the quality of your gear and innate stats as judged by sheer point value. Many more effective setups actually provide superior performance to that of high GS setups.

For example, if you want to run any regen with otherwise BiS gear, you will need to "downgrade" your accessories to top-level blues. I lost about 400 GS by doing so, but I feel that my character is more powerful at 11.7k GS than at 12k+ this way.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Your gear score is lower than what I ran as I mixed gear sets for the permanent stat bonuses that don't proc. Mixing sets might get you around a 500 GS boost. When it comes to ability scores, those that have a lot more damage than you went for strength, and those that have higher critical chance went for strength (I tired to max out wisdom and strength). I also slotted all my equipment with defense and power gems. The net effect is that I do have a lot more power and damage, but have much lower recovery. The lower recovery I didn't think would be that noticeable, though in group play not being able to cast in divinity the moment refresh time is up means that I have to either cast or wait to cast and waiting to cast can be very upsetting for those who are relying on you.