test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am I the only one who see the game as:

eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Torchlight ??? I have played numerous games, mmo,rpg,fps,dota, all of them, like most of the people here I believe.

This game look like an *ARPG to me.

In fact the real question is, Do this game is an ARPG that people mistaken for a "wow" style MMO?
Post edited by eros1986 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump.......
  • Options
    phaezenphaezen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Yes it is an Action RPG MMO, working as intended.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    eros1986 wrote: »
    Torchlight ??? I have played numerous games, mmo,rpg,fps,dota, all of them, like most of the people here I believe.

This game look like an *ARPG to me.

In fact the real question is, Do this game is an ARPG that people mistaken for a "wow" style MMO?

Nope. It's an mmo with a shard system. Torchlight doesn't have dungeon encounters the way this game does nor does Diablo. On top of that in ARPG you can only have 4-8 people in a game with you on the same map and they have to be on the same quests. Like an mmo you can have over 150 people in a single instance all doing their own things and quests.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is a WoW-style MMO. The combat system is just different.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »

No it's a tetris-style MMO. *rolleyes*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why are you rolling your eyes at me? Keep it up and I'll knock them out your head. I have Orc in my ancestry.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Nope, this game is not open-world. it you think about it that's the main difference between MMORPG and MMOARPG.

It's true that you can have 20 people on the same map with you, but in the end, it's 5 or 10 people at 60.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No like WOW it is an Ultima Online style or more Everquest style.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eros1986 wrote: »
    Nope, this game is not open-world. it you think about it that's the main difference between MMORPG and MMOARPG.

It's true that you can have 20 people on the same map with you, but in the end, it's 5 or 10 people at 60.

What? The game is as open world as any other MMO. Just because the zones are smaller than your normal MMO doesn't mean it's an entirely different genre of game.
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Torchlight is much better. At least AI cant beat you by using cheats and exploits.
  • Options
    karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013

:rolleyes::rolleyes:I lol'd. Because WoW was totally the very first 3D MMO and every other MMO bases all of it's gameplay mechanics/systems off of it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karaad wrote: »
    :rollseyes::rollseyes:I lol'd. Because WoW was totally the very first 3D MMO and every other MMO bases all of it's gameplay mechanics/systems off of it. :rollseyes::rollseyes:

I assume this is sarcasm. =p
  • Options
    karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    I assume this is sarcasm. =p

Yes, very much so. I love how everyone compares any MMO to WoW and deems it as "the one" when it really isn't...it's just because Blizzard has had an amazing History with the Warcraft franchise. Yes, I played WoW, lvl 60 rogue w/ dual(check it) PRE NERF Dragons call swords.

Quit 1 week before BG.

Saw a family member playing it during Christmas last year...she was ****ing playing pokemon with her pets...how lame...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    karaad wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:I lol'd. Because WoW was totally the very first 3D MMO and every other MMO bases all of it's gameplay mechanics/systems off of it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

WoW-style could be replaced with any other MMO name. I could have said Everquest style, but no one plays that anymore. Get over it.
  • Options
    jaer44jaer44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? The game is as open world as any other MMO. Just because the zones are smaller than your normal MMO doesn't mean it's an entirely different genre of game.

He means open world, as in you leave a main city, and can literally walk to your next destination. NW and ARPG's are generally highly instanced with smaller levels/dungeons, and in turn has a smaller player per instance count.

"wow" style, EQ, Ultima, etc.. are all open world type games where you can just wander around the world without having to "load" a new instance, it's a seamless design.