test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon eggs drop rate in Tymora Boxes

truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is the Dragon eggs drop rate in Tymora Boxes working as intended?

So you announce a limited time pet that drops from Crafting packs with terrible drop rates to then release an event that will drop Dragon eggs like crazy?

Someone at Cryptic has a wicked sense of humor.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nicomadoxnicomadox Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    first they encourages pple to buy profession boosters packs for lillend where the we got a lot of assets. then they add this dragon fest event. i gess its obvious that dev want us to start crafting purple shirts and pants dont you think ?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Be thankful :)
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If the drop rate is as high as you assume, then perhaps someone made a typo when entering in the percentage?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps they're looking at the economy and seeing that prices on some of this stuff is way, way out of whack with what the average player can afford, so they're looking at ways to drop the prices on some goods.

With the price of dragon eggs and purple tools, end-game crafting is basically out of reach for your average player.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I think we should also expect that dragon eggs will be used in the next 2 professions ;)
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    Be thankful :)

As thankful as a dying person with a severed arm would be for getting a kid sized band aid.
    Too little, too late, and not even the right remedy.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    As thankful as a dying person with a severed arm would be for getting a kid sized band aid.
    Too little, too late, and not even the right remedy.

Some people are never happy ):

I'll never understand how people can complain about being given free gifts...
  • Options
    kazan556kazan556 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is the Dragon eggs drop rate in Tymora Boxes working as intended?

So you announce a limited time pet that drops from Crafting packs with terrible drop rates to then release an event that will drop Dragon eggs like crazy?

Someone at Cryptic has a wicked sense of humor.

I haven't received one egg. Opened over 30 boxes. I guess my RNG is leveling things out...
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can't even login. The patch broke my launcher. I want to see what all the fuss is about :(
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I think you're kind of missing the point.... or really don't understand the design behind PWE or Cryptic "giving us free" things wich are directly used in other things or features, in this buisiness model they've chosen for their game.
    Just as you may sum my posts up as merely complaining, I could do the same to you, but calling it naive or gullible. However, I won't.
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Haha, johnfell will complain about anything and everything, seeing that his only goal is to spew as much negativity as possible on these forums. You can check out his posting history to see it for yourself. As I've said before, it's almost as if he is getting paid to be as negative as possible.
  • Options
    veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    kazan556 wrote: »
    I haven't received one egg. Opened over 30 boxes. I guess my RNG is leveling things out...

In comparison, I've only got 1 box so far but I haven't opened it.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yep, me as well. I think I was closer to 40 before I found 1 egg.
  • Options
    undyinundyin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Instead of enticing us with Lillend and these boxes of tymora why dont they fix spider? the chest peices are redicliously low (CW's are 25k to 35k atm) That mug is extremely stupid v.v
  • Options
    vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    nicomadox wrote: »
    first they encourages pple to buy profession boosters packs for lillend where the we got a lot of assets. then they add this dragon fest event. i gess its obvious that dev want us to start crafting purple shirts and pants dont you think ?

Yeah. Crafting is definitely one of the things screwed up with their current business model, and they need to pump some life into it.
    I think you're kind of missing the point.... or really don't understand the design behind PWE or Cryptic "giving us free" things wich are directly used in other things or features, in this buisiness model they've chosen for their game.
    Just as you may sum my posts up as merely complaining, I could do the same to you, but calling it naive or gullible. However, I won't.

While this is not a "fix" to the current situation, it is still a good thing. It doesn't make the person you quoted "naive or gullible" to point out that you were just being negative. It's not like you offered anything constructive to improve the situation, you just hated on the whole idea. Clearly a "glass half empty" point of view.
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep, me as well. I think I was closer to 40 before I found 1 egg.

None from 30 or so, but I guess 50k AD a load of residuum and arcane shards isn't too bad. I had the same bad luck with valindra's, took about 3-400 bags to get a blue dog, then another 150-200 to get a 2nd.
  • Options
    exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    These things need keys to open?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    exarkun007 wrote: »
    These things need keys to open?

Nope ;)

/10chars.
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    A friend of mine got an Egg in his first 25 gifts opened. Another one got an egg after his 9th gift.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A friend of mine got an Egg in his first 25 gifts opened. Another one got an egg after his 9th gift.

First box, first egg. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    vientor wrote: »
    Yeah. Crafting is definitely one of the things screwed up with their current business model, and they need to pump some life into it.

While this is not a "fix" to the current situation, it is still a good thing. It doesn't make the person you quoted "naive or gullible" to point out that you were just being negative. It's not like you offered anything constructive to improve the situation, you just hated on the whole idea. Clearly a "glass half empty" point of view.

Well, first off I never called the person I quoted naive or gullible, to do so would be as short sighted as simply seeing my first post as "just negative" or "me just hating on the whole idea" - wich was kind of the point I was making.
    Now, eventhough I admittedly didn't spell it out at length using small words, I did imply (altho in hindsight maybe not as clearly as needed) that the Devs are focusing on the wrong things, and what they're "giving freely" only serves to support an already broken or inefficient feature, that in turn serves as not only a timesink, but a money sink - wich in turn is fed by the profession packs they tried to push more of using a low low drop chance companion. In effect, a circle of time/money consuming actions with little gain (apart from questionable amusement value).
    So in fact I was constructive, in the sense that I pointed out that something isn't working, and why it isn't - I just didn't write an essay about something that's been said countless times over and over, or offer clear detailed solutions to a problem I haven't created nor is my responsibility to fix. Howeever pointing out that something isn't working, and why, is, in fact, in some ways constructive, as it informs and adds to the list of customer concerns, wich often leads to change. Wich, as it happens, is what you yourself did when writing to me. :P

But you're very free to misinterpret what I said, or just did, to think I'm calling people names when I'm in fact not, and you're free to judge me as simply negative, hateful or a "glass half empty" kind of guy. :)

EDIT; Maybe I should have resorted to simply typing that I got an egg, or something similar, maybe adding /10char, or talk about a spider or simply contribute "be thankful" - would that have been more appropriate or constructive and added to this thread's value? :)
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    But you're very free to misinterpret what I said, or just did, to think I'm calling people names when I'm in fact not, and you're free to judge me as simply negative, hateful or a "glass half empty" kind of guy. :)

I'd love to see one (really just one) example of you not making a negative post or being a glass-half empty type. You do realize that everyone can see your posting history right?
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Perhaps they're looking at the economy and seeing that prices on some of this stuff is way, way out of whack with what the average player can afford, so they're looking at ways to drop the prices on some goods.

With the price of dragon eggs and purple tools, end-game crafting is basically out of reach for your average player.

That's what I'm thinking because it is out of control. The economy has been manipulated by those who got a head start like in most games but really they left some of the people who exploited in the game and their money intact, so they basically buy up everything posted and then repost them out of reach for most players. There's also a problem with AD - Zen conversion because it costs too much for Zen right now, they need to have many many sales on Zen before this drops to an avg price and 300 ea is not avg it's way up there.

If we compare it to STO where it's much harder to get dilithium daily (in fleets that haven't completed their dilithium mines yet) we see the price for Zen is much lower in comparison to the price of Zen in NW.
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

30 boxes??? Where the heck do you find the boxes, I've been hunting around all day and haven't had one yet drop. I'm using a 60 toon, do i need to use a younger toon or something?
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    30 boxes??? Where the heck do you find the boxes, I've been hunting around all day and haven't had one yet drop. I'm using a 60 toon, do i need to use a younger toon or something?

Go to Whispering Caverns and kill the Squid face things , the mobs you can 1 shot don't drop them only the tougher mobs.
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I found 80 boxes today - got 9 eggs and 120k diamonds, plenty of potions and some blue items. I feel like I robbed the bank:D
    I love this event.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I only found the gifts on level appropriate mobs.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    60 boxes in two hours. Lots of potions, some rare crafting crystals, 4 eggs and 50k RAD. Been a decent session :P
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The egg drop seems to be fairly high.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yokanaan wrote: »
    I love this event.

Me too! , logged on this afternoon with only 2 dragon eggs I had been saving till my Tailoring is level 20 , logged off 2 hours later with 15 dragon eggs , a good few of the celestial coin potions , the crown , lots of arcane shards /eldritch crystals /residum , A LOT of unrefined AD and a nice pile of gold and level 60 id scrolls as a bonus xD